Annzo Corporation / SEO Services Scam

1 CA, United States Review updated:

This company attempted to contact one of my clients online claiming to be with Google and sell them SEO services. I looked up the company's website and they have no certifications by Google. They are some telemarketing company with sales reps out of Pakistan selling a crap scam. Beware and I hope by posting this I have helped save some people from wasting their money or worse. Website: http://annzoseo.com/

Comments

• We
      5th of Mar, 2010

Just received a call from this company, and yes they first addressed themselves to be from google. When the gentleman tried to direct me to their website, I first typed it into the search bar and luckily came up with complaintsboard page. Thank you to whoever posted this!

• Se
      8th of Apr, 2010

Google started to sell SEO themselves? :) Hi I'm from Google let me optimize your page, so I can put your website on the top of other guys - that's hell of the pitch ;). Hoping this website will help people to find out who they really are. Stay away from the company like this one!

2nd of Jun, 2010

I also just got a call telling me our website would be guaranteed first page google as well as top listings with about 200 other search sites. I googled them and saw this page.
    Thanks!

14th of Jun, 2010

I just talked to them and they didn't say to be from google. They want to target 4 keywords I picked and charge monthly as the ranking go. If I'm not satisfied the first month I can stop and get my money back.
    I can't tell if they are a scam. How can u guys? What proof do you have they can't deliver?

I'd like to know because I could use a ranking boost.

• Rt
      22nd of Jun, 2010

Not only do they seem to have the ever-changing toll free number, as of today (June 22) their own website comes up as a broken GoDaddy site. Why would you purchase SEO solutions from a company that can't make their own SEO work? Clearly Annzo Corp is bogus.

23rd of Jun, 2010

I am already a customer of this company and they did not tell me any thing about calling from Google. By the end of very first month my website was appearing on the first page for couple of key phrases and so far i am getting very good results. I always call them at the very same number listed on their website. I don't understand how can you guys blame any company, when you have not tried their services. I give this company A+ ranking. Thank you Annzo

23rd of Jun, 2010

This is such a shame that free internet could be misused by some competition or people who don't know how internet or for this very case SEO works.To my surprise most of the above comments are not any experienced based reviews but most probably some biased assumptions from competitors or SEO illiterate clients.I being a web developer and now a happy client of the company in question, found this board before i signed up with them a few months ago.At that time there was only one review which when i probed into found out that it was another SEO company by the name of WEB VISIBLE who trapped a poor lady(Barbara Genuske www.firstrateplumbing-heating.com) like rest of their customers and in fact she was very pleased with Annzo and she showed me her keywords on the first page which Annzo brought in Top 10 placements in very short time frame.
    That proves that it was a biased review on this board.
    Now the Last and the most funny comment from RThomas KnowWare, it again clearly reflects that probably this person or competition does not know how websites and SEO work.A broken GoDaddy site could happen with any site, anytime since this is a hosting issue which a website owner does not have any control of.The Most Funny part is that SEO and broken Host site has no inter-connection.
    About ever changing Tel # I am with them for last 3 months always had the same number .
    The web is a funny place you are going to find the good, the bad, the ugly, Choice is yours which one you pick for yourself...Think!!!

23rd of Jun, 2010

I guess it's hard to get a real review form the internet. You never know who's writing on the other side.

Two things are interesting though.

I can't find ANNZO on the first 100 google results for SEO, SEO services, SEO companies.
    As one of the guys here said, why go with a company that can't rank itself?

Also, they have been calling me NON STOP just like a lame scam company. I told them not to because I'm reviewing their proposal. This alone scares me.

Also, Alex why don't u give the website address to show the ranking work?

25th of Jun, 2010

@ bobaristide

My website address is

www.freetechexams.com

and my key phrases are:

Windows vista starter edition
    Windows vista business edition
    Windows vista enterprise edition

For the above keywords i am appearing on the first page.
    I have chosen 4 key words and out of those 3 are on the first page and
    4th keyword which is

Windows vista editions

My website is appearing on the 2nd page and as i can see the progress, soon they will get me to the first page.
    I strongly recommend Annzo.

• Gl
      19th of Jul, 2010

There are always going to be competitors who attempt to use black pr to thwart thier competition. But there is a very effective handling for this... Exposing the HARD FACTS/TRUTH!!!

Thank you Alex for posting your results. I feel much better about using the company now as I can see your results. Keep fighting the good fight :)

• Gl
      20th of Jul, 2010

Ok, this is very interesting. I went to whois.com and searched the website domain alex claims is his. It turns out it is owned by name:(Muhammad Aslam)
    Not Alex holm. And guess what... (Muhammad Aslam) registered his domain in Pakistan!

Glenn Hough
    www.ElectricSaver1200.com

20th of Jul, 2010

I have better ranking than he does and I've been doing it with a couple of friends. I'm in first position with keywords that are of marginal relevance. The important ones, the ones people actually search with, are not easy. I searched with "windows vista" and his company isn't even on the 10th page. That's where a good company shines.

I knew they are from Pakistan, I see them on my site right before they called me. I asked if they were from pakistan ( you can tell by the strong accent ) and they say "oh now, we're canadian".

I told them to stop calling and they increased the numbers of calls to me!

A reputable company will follow that simple request.

bobaristide
    Now this is more interesting than anything posted here bobaristide started 35 days ago on this board as a wannabe customer of Annzo just after 35 days all of a sudden not only he got a higher PR which supposed to be PR 4 or PR 5 (comparing it with www.freetechexams.com got PR 3) but also with the help of his friends, his website is appearing in first position with keywords that are of marginal relevance.
    Bob i want to clear 2 very common mis-concepts:
    1-A high ranking has not much to do with placement of website on first or any other page of search engines.You can verify it by just checking the first page placements with any search and u will find websites with less PR placed on top of websites which have higher PR, even you will be able to see websites on 2nd page with higher PR but they could not get on first page.It simply means Placement on first page require High Quality Score Not just high PR.
    2-Lets analyze the Keyword "windows Vista" from a business prospective.who will search for this keyword, searchers who want to get some info about it OR searchers who wants to buy the product. If i were a customer/a corporate who wants to buy this product i will not ever use this general KW i will be more specific like
    Windows vista starter edition
    Windows vista business edition
    Windows vista enterprise edition
    By the way all of the KWs above got competition of 10 million and higher .There is no way in the world these KWs are Marginal KWs specially competing against Microsoft, Cnet, Amazon and E bay.

exactly the same way if you are looking for a BMW you will not try to search it under CARS you know as a buyer what you are looking for.
    As an advertiser i would prefer to put my business in front of those searchers /customers who want to buy my product.
    The last thing i would repeat again please refrain from posting your personal opinion if you are not competent enough on the subject or if you have not been burnt by this company.Being skeptical is a good thing but baseless accusation is entirely wrong.
    This is a wrong platform where you are looking for answers to your questions, wouldn't it be decent enough to call the company and ask, em directly...what do you think???????????

21st of Jul, 2010

Now we know who is clueless. And who Webber realy works for. Great, I'm giving you more excuses to advertise your url. Read my previous posts. I was wondering who the company is and later they showed their face. I dealt with them, talked to a few of them and I will never hire because of my dealing with them. I asked 2 people to take me off the list of ppl to call and "oh, we never got that request". They still try to call me 3-4 times a day, Yes I speak of personal experiences. If they were a reputable company they wouldn't be so desperate.

"1-A high ranking has not much to do with placement of website on first or any other page of search engines."

Really?? So why does everyone want to be on the first page, first spots, and even risk getting banned by using blackhat? To have a good ranking or be more visible.

This post is not about ranking but about the reputation of a company.

bobaristide
    i was right about couple of things.ireally thank you to confirm
    1-You are 100 % clueless what i have tried to tell you in previous post" the difference between PR and Quality Score"
    and i will not wast my time to tell it again to somebody who can not define the obvious difference between Zebra and a Horse.You need to learn lots about SEO before you could post comment.
    2-As i mentioned in my first post that on this board and i am going to quote it again"To my surprise most of the above comments are not any experienced based reviews but most probably some biased assumptions from competitors or SEO illiterate clients". You Bob are definitely working for some SEO company and yet know nothing about it.let me list the proofs how i was able to determine this fact.
    1-He has mentioned it again and again and i quote"They still try to call me 3-4 times a day, Yes I speak of personal experiences. If they were a reputable company they wouldn't be so desperate."just to remind other readers it all started 36 days ago and according to Bob they are calling him 3-4 times a day.What A BIG FAT LIE i am sorry to say but Bob i think a lie should be believable 3-4 times for last 36 days means what 144 calls so far.
    A company which is producing result for all of its client will not ever do it probably they have better things to do than calling a customer 3-4 times a day just to hear NOT INTERSTED.
    Go Get A Life Bob

21st of Jul, 2010

Lol. You seem to work for Annzo so u should know who keeps calling me. Tell them to please stop calling people that ask them to stop.

If I were an expert in SEO I wouldn't be here asking if I could trust a company that contacted me.

I must have hit the nail on the head if u're so fired up.

You definitely helped me in my decision.

Move on.

23rd of Jul, 2010

I was getting calls over the past 8 months from different SEO companies. Some quoting prices as high as 20k. When Annzo, Tylor Stone called me and explained their company. I was excited about the prospect of someone working to get my website to the front page of google search engine. I spend thousands of dollars on google adword program. So working on the organic part of my site was more important. At first I was nervous if I made the right decision. But then I saw my site(on page 21), which I never saw before. And from there every week it moved up the pages. And now I am on the front page. Very Friendly and very accessible when I call. I would highly recommend Annzo Corp, to any company that is trying to increase sales. Sincerley, Scott Bettua www.flowers4vases.com
    Key Word: Wholesale flowers

27th of Oct, 2010

I have asked this company SEVERAL times to put our number on the do not call list. It never works. Weather or not it is a scam doesn't matter to me. Additionally when asked to not be called back the very first thing that should NOT be done is an immediate call back. I asked the person who won't stop calling me, George, to not call back and within seconds of hanging up he called me back, basically to yell at me for not listening to him when I have already listened to several other people try to call me. Usually I let telemarketers talk for a while because there job sucks and I don't want to make it worse so when I have to use the phrase "How long do I have to listen to you to get you to not call me back?" I am being tested. Not only are the telemarketers rude on the phone but they leave messages on our machine probably every other day. I would love for them to stop calling but it would appear that asking to be put on the do not call list does not work.

30th of Oct, 2010

You can enter their company in a list online. If they keep calling they will be sued. I personally memorized their SEVEN different phone numbers coming in and every time the phone rang, I'd pick up, put the headset on mute and kept working until they hung up. That worked much better than asking to please stop calling.

• La
      19th of Nov, 2010

This company has been relentlessly calling, each time with a different caller ID and each time representing Google. They have left voice mail saying this is an urgent Google matter and then called again within minutes. I have asked them time and time again to stop and have told them I will not accept their calls. Today, I asked them to write...here it is "As per our earlier telephonic conversation as i was telling you about our
    services but you were busy at that time.
    "Actually we will bring your website on the first page of google in
    the organic listing as it holds 75% of the online market.It is not the
    all we will do for your website, we will submit it to:

1). 100 search engines.
    2). 2000-10, 000 online directory submissions.
    3). 100-1, 000 guaranteed back links.
    4). Up to 300 social bookmarking website submissions. (like face book)
    5). Up to 100 manual forum posts.
    6). Up to 40 key words of your choice.

All of our services come up with written guarantee and you will have a
    legal proof of it.It would be a win win win situation for you because
    if we fail to fulfill what ever we commit with you, all of your money
    would be returned back to you.Please view the short introductory video
    that could to be very beneficial :http://annzoseo.com/presentation.html"

THEY CANNOT EVEN WRITE A LETTER...SEO...I DON'T THINK SO!