Announcingit.com / Fraud and cheating

United States Review updated:
I put in an on-line order for invitations with this company and 30 minutes after I placed the order on-line, I decided to modify the order. There was no way on their website to make changes or cancel your order. I tried to get in touch with someone at the company but I could not get in touch with them. I sent them several e-mails stating that I wanted to change my order. I also tried to call them. They proceeded to process my order.

I finally was able to talk to someone and they said that I could not change my order, but I had to cancel. To cancel they said it would cost $25. My order was only for $36 and I did not originally want to cancel, I just wanted to change my order. This company was not helpful and did not provide any services to me. As I see it, they stole $25 for doing nothing. The said that they charge me $25 because I could not cancel my order even if I had just hit the submit button and they had not even looked at the order. They allow for no returns, changes, or cancellations. You are stuck once you hit submit.

D  1st of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
That's kind of actually a lie, because I order ALL of my invites from this company and even though there is no place online, you can always call before your order is processed. Even when it has been processed you can send in your changes before you approve your final copy. They do, however, charge for cancellation because of re-stocking fees.
A  7th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I agree!! the owner of this company is a crook! they have a zero tolerance cancellation policy and very poor customer care. I communicated directly with the owner by e-mail regarding my transaction and was treated disrespectfully. I will never do buisness with this company again!!!
N  13th of Oct, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It's unfortunate when people can't read a simple order form and choose to ignore the obvious posting of the cancellation policy right on the order form then call the company a crook when they don't get their way and want something the company clearly states it doesn't do! Come on, that isn't bad service, it's bad customers! This company doesn't hide ANY fine print - it is right there on the order form EXCACTLY what they do with an order. Of course, when you click the submit button, you have placed an order - why would you enter all your information and your credit card if you didn't want to order? You really want to cancel an order 30 minutes later? It costs companies money to process credit cards and orders. This company states right on the order form you fill out what their cancellation policy is to prevent fradulent orders from customers that are just messing around. GREAT products and I use them for all my invitations for over 6 years!
D  30th of Aug, 2011 by
Bad customers cost companies money. It's not a case of "oops, I didn't mean to place an order", you took the time to enter all your information and your credit card number. What did you think you were doing? What did you think they were going to do with your credit card? I checked out their site and ALL THE FINE PRINT IS ON THE ORDER PAGE - including their cancellation policy - it's not hidden. If you didn't read it, then shame on you. They have listed all the ways to contact them - their phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses. When you order, you get your own MY ACCOUNT page and you can contact them there AND MAKE ANY CHANGES YOU WANT TO YOUR ORDER before it prints. There is no excuse for "but I changed my mind 30 mintues later" - you just found a better deal and then wanted to scream to anyone and everyone about it. What you describe is not bad customer service - it's bad customers unfortunately shopping on great websites! And you cost us all money when these companies have to raise prices because of customers like you. THINK before you hit the submit order button!

Announcingit Logo Announcingit