animefirst.com / Scam! Never got my DVD's!

United States Review updated:
3.75

I ordered a box set (Fushigi Yuugi) on December 13th. I received a confirmation e-mail from them, saying that the product was shipped out on priority mail and it would arrive in two days. It is now December 20th and still no box set!!! I checked their email again, clicked on the link they sent me to track the product, and found that it was a fake link!!! Only an "Error" page came up whenever I clicked on it. I tried to e-mail them, but no response as of yet. I paid a little over $60 for these DVD's and believe I have been scammed, as I have been hearing/seeing similar complaints about this same website. Also, I then tried to research Fushigi Yuugi, only to find that the real DVD's have stopped selling because the company that produced them went out of business years ago - meaning that whatever box sets ARE being sold, are either bootleg or A SCAM! DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM ANIMEFIRST.COM!!! This issue is still trying to be resolved. I only hope I can get my money back!

Comments

Du
  6th of Oct, 2008

animefirst.com - defective dvds
animefirst.com

the disks they sent me were defective. said they would replace, then did not contact me again. I have emailed them several times. no reply. I emailed on another email account asking them a bogus ? and they replied to me. so they are ignoring me. they have a "guarantee" I guess that guarantee is that they will screw you over, and not talk to you. very bad to do business with. I even told them I would order more box sets once they replaced the disks. best thing to do is rent from netflix. I wish I could get their phone number, but they would not email it so we could work it out over the phone. does anyone have their physical address, and phone number? thanks! beware of this company!! THANKS!!!
Gi
  18th of Oct, 2008
I would be interested to know if this matter was ever resolved as I am considering placing an order.
Thank you.
Wa
  18th of Dec, 2008
Physical address for Animefirst.com - 1510 Eldridge Pkwy, Ste 100 #223 - Houston, TX 77077
Jf
  26th of Dec, 2008
I also ordered DVD, Little Lord Fauntleroy, on 12.16.08 and never received it. I receioved a confirmation but cannot contact them...Keep getting an error screen. I was out $19.92 but still am upset to be scammed from this company...Can anything be do about this?? Any suggestions anyone???
Ca
  26th of Dec, 2008
I have bought Ranma 1/2 bundle on dvd, and was pretty much satisfied with the dvds that I got and had recomended it to several friends, I knew when I had ordered it that it was going to be a bootlegged type, because of how cheap the price was, I received it about 3 to 4 days after I ordered it. After I looked at the disc, I couldn't have been more satisfied if it had been the real thing, it contained everything that the regular DVD boxsets had it was just in a more condensed form, the only disappointment came when I went to order another dvd bundle and found out that the website had been canceled, I was just so upset and wished that I had gotten to it earlier.
Aj
  27th of Dec, 2008
I ordered my Samurai Champloo on 12/7 and I did get them but they are just copies, bootlegs. CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND DISPUTE THE CHARGE! They may be able to refund you but the company is gone.
Si
  8th of Jan, 2009
ok i dont know what happen to them but this sucks. i ordered sailor moon all of them last year and got all of them on time. then this past december i ordered inuyasha, ALL THEM too, and i got them two weeks later. i wanted to get trigun now but now i see they have been canceled. sure they were copys only but at least u get all of them for a lower prise. now i have to fine a diffrent places. thanks guys!!!
4n