Animal Research Foundation / Terrible experience

United States Review updated:

I joined the Animal Research Foundation and had registered all my Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldogs through the A.R.F. Registry. In the fall of 2007 and winter of 2007-08 Mr. Al Walker made policy changes and forced all breeders involved to abide by new and unethical policies that he wrote in two paper back books that he sent to all Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog breeders by certified mail. It stated that if we did not agree to the terms of the policies that the breeder would be terminated from the registry.

These policies stated that the registry had every right to enforce control over content on our personal breeders websites, advertisements and also stated that we could not join other clubs nor other registries or else we would be kicked out of the A.R.F and our membership would be terminated.

These policies also stated that we would have to work with other breeders in the program even if we had a dislike for the breeders and that if we were unwilling to work with those breeders we would be forced out of the program as well.

I wrote an email stating that I could not live by those rules and that I would bow out from the Animal Research Foundation. This was after I spent hundreds of dollars registering eight of my dogs and payed for 3 five generation pedigrees.

After I left the Animal Research Foundation I discovered that the pedigrees have falsified breeding information. Now I have no way to contest these false documents that I purchased through the expert genealogist Mr. Al Walker.

Since the Animal Research Foundation took it upon themselves to start policing breeders that have paid good money to the A.R.F and have kicked breeders out for not abiding by their unethical rules I say it is time that I send the message out to the Animal Research Foundation that we as breeders have rights and we are not going to stand for being mistreated.

Mr. Walker has kicked out numerous breeders in recent months because they did not abide by the un-ethical standards of the A.R.F. My grievance is the first of this kind but I can guarantee their will be many more complaints to follow as other breeders have taken notice of how they have been mistreated.
Va

Comments

Mi
  26th of Apr, 2011
MY NAME IS MIKE HODGENS. I DISCLOSE WHO I AM IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE I HAVE TAKEN THE STANCE THAT COMMENTS MADE ANONYMOUSLY ARE WORTHLESS. THE COMMENT ABOVE ABOUT THE ARF AND AL WALKER IS ONE OF THESE. I HAD HEARD OF SOME PROBLEM OVER THIS BREED AND ABOUT SOMEONE TRYING TO SCAM THE ARF. I DO NOT KNOW THE FULL STORY BUT BECAUSE I INTEND DOING BUSINESS WITH THE ARF FOR MY NEW BREED THE BULL ARAB, PERHAPS AN ACCURATE ACCOUNT OF WHAT HAPPENED OVER THIS ISSUE WOULD BE OF VALUE TO ME.
COULD SOMEONE PROVIDE AN ACCURATE UNBIASED ACCOUNT EITHER ON THIS SITE OR DIRECT TO ME BY EMAIL - emh1942@bigpond.com
Pe
  10th of May, 2011
Now this is funny ! the biggest dog breeding conman Mike Hodgens is here !
read up about him here !
Wa
  13th of Apr, 2013
I am Walid Hadla from Lebanon. I would like to ask the experts about an issue happening to my cat.
Blanca, my white cat, changes its fur yearly (spring time). It completely removes its fur and it drags it behind its body completely and new fur grows on its body again.
It took off the fur today, but I took a video of my cat a week ago, you can check it here:

I will be pleased to know any answer to this story, this is my email: walid_hadla@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot