Animal Medical Center / What a scam

1 2528 Matin Luther King BlvdLos Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

On Friday 7/11/08 my sister took my dogs to the vet for a flea bath. Upon arrival the receptionist an African American girl gave her constant attitude for no apparent reason. When the doctor came in to get the dogs they had on brand new leashes. The girl gave my sister the bag back but my sister told her that she wasn't coming to pick them up and that my mother would. The girl said ok and took the bag back.

My mother came and picked up the dogs and they gave her the wrong leashes and they smelled like a dead dog. I called the company on Saturday morning about 9:30a.m. to inform them of the problem. The gentleman stated that he has it and that I could come and pick it up on Tuesday when they open. I get there on Tuesday at 9:30a.m. and the same African American had a funky attitude when I entered. She was on the phone laughing and joking and for about 5 five minutes she decides to get off the phone and ask "What can I do for you" Already with an attitude. I explain to her my situation and she gets up with an attitude and say "Generally speaking we don't keep leashes." Any how I got an attitude back with the incompetent staff and told her to keep the dead smelling leash because I don't want it. I just don't how they could get my leashes mixed up with anyone elses when my dogs names were on it in big letters and they were odd colors. I do plan to take them to small claims court for the missing items.

Va

Comments

• Br
      21st of Jan, 2008
    Animal Medical Center - False advertising!
    Animal Medical Center
    Natchez
    Mississippi

Friday night around 10:30 my puppy ran off and wouldn't come back-this is normal considering he loves to go play in the backyard of our house and always come back within 5 minutes to the back door. Well we go to open the door, normally we wouldn't have left him outside alone at all but it was about 20 degrees and raining and he refused to come inside. Well, he walked in and I immediately screamed-he had somehow managed to cut his leg from his shoulder to his paw and was bleeding and crying profusely. I immediately grabbed him and wrapped him up. I have never in my life seen a wound like this-we still have no clue how he could have done it-we checked every part of our fence; his leg looked almost like someone had tried to skin him. My roommate and a friend who was over immediately get on the phone, calling every vet in the phonebook and online, within 30 or so miles. After 30 minutes of trying as I'm hysterical, holding a bleeding dog who's going into shock from the pain, we have gotten nothing but voicemails-even OUR OWN VET-who advertises a 24 hour emergency service!!! I was furious-and we finally get "Dr. Greg" whoever that is-I was not capable of talking rationally to these people at this point-on the phone, and he tells me he's in the middle of something else and won't be able to help us. Now, I don't know how people feel about their pets, but I'm 23 and this is my child. He and my other dog are the only two things I have to take care of right now, and to me they are just as important as anyone else in my life. We FINALLY reached a vet-in McComb, MS-an hour or so away-yes we got a REAL PERSON on the phone this time-and he agreed to meet us if we would leave immediately. So of course we jump in the car and drive-mind you it's sleeting and below freezing outside and by this time close to midnight-and drive as fast as we safely can to this vet. The entire time I'm crying, holding Simon close to me, praying and begging him to hold on just a little longer. When we got there they told me there was no way they could save his leg, so we chose to have it amputated. His vital signs were good-my little baby is a survivor! He's only 13 weeks old after all. We brought him home today and he is doing well. It breaks my heart to see him struggle but he's got high spirits in spite of everything. He's up licking our faces and trying to do his normal activities. I am enraged, however, at the fact that NONE-I repeat-NONE of the vets we called desperately searching for help Friday night have called us back. Not even our own vet. Do these people not take oaths? I could have sworn it was their responsibility, their duty as doctors to help! Not a single phone call! Not even to see if he was dead? How can anyone advertise 24 hour emergency care if they A-don't answer the phone, and B-don't ever return a voicemail message?! I am sure that there's some logical explanation for why me holding a bleeding dog begging for help wasn't enough to catch their attention, but I am still enraged. I wish I knew who to contact or what could be done. How many animals die because these people don't really offer 24 hour care? I drove over an hour-he survived 2 hours bleeding and in pain because I couldn't get help here in Natchez. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. That's my complaint. I just wish I knew how to make sure this kind of thing never happens to any animal again.

3rd of Aug, 2008

I agree. I went to this same place just before reading your complaint. Only to receive the same horrible service you have encounter. What a shame. This company is going to lose all their busy if they don't get a new assistant. I know I am not going back there ever again.

• Pa
      26th of Aug, 2008

I AM ABSOLUTELY LIVID! I HAVE BEEN REQUESTING MY PET'S RECORDS FOR THE LAST SEVERAL MONTHS, TO NO AVAIL. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THE "SYSTEM IS DOWN" AND THEY DON'T ANTICIPATE RECOVERING THEM... UH, HELLO? IS THIS ACCEPTABLE IN ANY SHAPE, FORM OR FASHIONG? ADDITIONALLY, I PAID THEM OVER $700 DOLLARS FOR SERVICES, AND I CAN'T RECOUP THE RECORDS FROM THEM... MY NEXT ACTION IS TO CONTACT MY ATTORNEY AND HAVE THEM SHUT DOWN! TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW *** NOT TO GO THERE *** UNBELIEVABLE!

• Km
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I am disturbed at the Animal Medical Center in Arlington, Texas. My husband rushed our black lab in when he noticed our lab had a major laceration to his leg that could become infected if not treated immediatly! it was around 1:30am in the morning (not to be exact) and he looked in the phone book. He found a 24 hour service animal clinic, called them and rushed our dog to the 1-20 Animal Medical Clinic in Arlington. We live in Red Oak, so it would be about an hour to get there. He rushed as fast as he could.
    Around 7am the same morning I went to check on my Lab so thankful he was taken care of to find out he still had a MAJOR laceration!! I was and still am Outraged by this, so I called the Animal Clinic (817-478-9238) and found out they only prescribed my dog an antibotic but did nothing to fix the wound!
    We payed them 300 and they said it was 600, we asked if we could do a payment plan or pay the rest on next pay day, which they declined. As an Animal Clinic I believe that is Animal Cruelty!! I now want a refund or I would much rather them finish what they started!
    My dog right now is staying in his kennel in our house so it does not become infected due to dirt outside. Also is on antibodic, however this kind of service deeply sickens me! My dog needed help and Melissa L. Rouquette didn't provide my Dog with the help that all animals deserve!! I am not concerned with the prices of there clinic, as I am finding out they are pricey, but all I want is to have my dog well taken care of! I know this clinic needs investigation and I will do whatever I have to, to make that happen!!