Angel Baby Bedding / Charged 30% restocking fee for an item that was never shipped

We had the same problem also, except they charged us a 30% restocking fee for an item that was never shipped. Our order was supposed to arrive "3-10 weeks" after ordering. We placed our order on Mar. 10, charged on April 15ish. May 19th was the 10 week deadline and still no word. We sent an email asking to cancel our order and we were charged a bogus 30% restocking fee...now it would make sense to charge that if the item was shipped but I doubt it even left the manufacturers warehouse. there were no tracking numbers or email saying it was shipped. And the owner, http://angelbabybedding.com/meet-the-owner-angelbabybedding.html, sent and email after we disputed the 30% (direct quote)

"If you would prefer a 50% restock fee and store credit, we can alter the leniency on the account."

Oh, and in the email she basically threatened to sue for defamation or libel if negative information was posted.

"Customer publicly insults, degrades, lies or releases any information regarding an order (even if it is their order) on public forums, websites, discussion boards (or any other type of Internet site or public place). If a customer uses our business name in any way other than personal email's or referrals. Or in any way trying to negatively impact our gross sales verbally or printed online or off by stating not to do business with our company and/or "warning" others because of an issue you may have had with shipping, prices, policy, customer service, or any services provided to you that you agreed to when purchasing with angelbabybedding.com. Under defamation and/or libel."

Final word...Do not order from angelbabybedding.com

Comments

• Bu

Website for the Better Buisiness Bureau advisory on this company:

15th of May, 2010

Or just follow these links in regards to the BBB... so who has more complaints?

More information on the BBB can be found here:

/URL removed/

The complainant in the BBB report is that lady above.
    Contacting the company tomorrow for the rest of the story here. Unlike some news / media outlets, I always get both sides before writing. Full story will be published here as well.

Pahleeze.

• Fe
      15th of May, 2010

I ordered from angelbabybedding.com on April 30th and just received the items. It is online shopping and I do not know what is wrong with people, that lady causing all the problems, getting her money back and then contacting the Bbb? What is the point? I doubt any company would take from December to ship, unless the customer was notified. Sounds like the lady above is either lying or just really obtuse on timeframes? That lady made it personal she needs to grow up a little. I liked the service and the products and ship time is far from bad on their site. The same items on babiesrus were almost 100.00 more and their estimated time was also 2-3 weeks. I am also a small business owner and you can't make everyone happy!

Good job amber. Small businesses help our economy, bad consumers are a drag.

17th of May, 2010

"buyerbeware" sent two emails saying she still wanted the order despite the back order. She was an international order. Angelbabybedding.com sent 11 emails to the customer, which i saw, customer responded she still wanted the order. customer then did a charge back without canceling, this delayed the order, as the customer still never canceled. Buyer then contacted the BBB, did not tell the entire truth, naturally, and still never canceled the order. Angelbabybedding shipped the order within the time frame the customer agreed to. Interesting. There are always two sides to a story. But when I was given this story to do BY the bbb for the story, unlike most reporting agencies, I declined until I knew both sides. I am glad I did. Felwsbowner you are correct in stating small businesses help our economy. They really are the backbone of our economy and I personally, as a journalist do no think it is fair to ruin small businesses based off of less than 1% consumer complaints. The bbb should be ashamed of themselves for even trying to hurt small businesses. The bbb also never really helps the buyers either. It is a money-grubbing organization that needs to quit wasting money.

• Dw
      5th of Jun, 2010

I will protect my identity because of the defamation policy. This company is bad news. I am warning as many people as I can. The experiences I had are the same complaints others have had. Read the BBB article for yourself. http://stlouis.bbb.org/article/angel-baby-beddings-customers-complain-of-delayed-orders-19577
    The person who owns this company reads these reviews and thinks it's funny to bully people and create drama. Beware of this company and avoid them at all costs.

• Cp
      3rd of Nov, 2010

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. The article by the Better Business Bureau is absolutely TRUE. This business screwed me over too. I ordered two items. 12 weeks after I ordered them is when they shipped one item and then cancelled another item without giving any reason. They sent me several automated emails lying about my items ship times being within a couple of weeks...just to keep missing all their stated deadlines. They do not respond to voicemails or emails unlike their claims. It is also absurd to think a business that claims to have processed over 40, 000 orders would have a company phone number that leads to a cell phone's voicemail requesting that you text her for assistance...another one of the methods I tried to contact the vendor which was unreturned. Don't believe the one business owner or Karen but do believe the tons of complaints you will find with an online search. Even if they would process 40, 000 orders...which I don't believe...that is not an excuse for them to have a 1 star rating. Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond, Toys R Us, BabySuperMall process thousands of orders and they have 4 and 5 star ratings.

• Co
      25th of Mar, 2011
    Angel Baby Bedding - HORRIBLE COMPNAY
    Angel Baby Bedding

I also had a horrrrrible experience with this bogus company and horrendous owner. I happily ordered some bedding for my first baby. I was so excited to get it and decorate the nursery. I had to wait about 3 months before I recieved anything, and only because I was able to track down the owner and call her personally about my order. She never replied to emails before then. I seriously thought this company was an internet scam. She also threatened me with legal action if I posted anything negative about my experiences with her online. What the hell?! Trying to suppress free speech, indeed. Clearly it is her who has posted on this website. She is a hooooorrrrriiiibbblllle business owner who does not care at all about her customers. I would HIGHLY discourage anyone from doing business with this charlatan.

• De
      22nd of Nov, 2011

]This business has a special place reserved for them in hell!!! They PREY on pregnant women and elderly women buying their daughters/in laws nursery items... We had the worst experience ever. The owner is the worst individual ever. Who scams pregnant women?! I was pregnant last year with my 1st son and my mother in law purchased a nursery set as a gift 4 1/2 months before the due date. We never received anything! After texting countless times since nobody ever answers we were told we agreed to their terms when we ordered and treated terribly. I sent numerous emails and texts only to be threatened by the owner that if we try to say anything they would sue us etc.! I had to contact the BBB and we went through hell. My mother in law canceled after the 12 wk mark and we ordered the same exact set on another site for $135 less and it arrived in 4 days.. lol Angel Baby Bedding tried to claim it was on back order by manufacturer-which I personally called Lambs and Ivy and they said that was not the case and had them under a completely different business name. BBB tried helping but this place is so crooked my mother in law had to cancel her credit card. By this time they sent a crib sheet-lol we already had the set from another site and cancelled by their terms since nothing had arrived after 3 1/2 months. Then they sent an email stating the entire shipment had been sent out-WTH... It states they are not liable for damages done during shipping etc-in the small print so beware and NEVER accept anything from this scam artist!!! We refused the package and my Father in Law accidentally signed the package form-which the delivery driver said he had never seen a note like the one they had on the package in his entire career. It stated "If shipment is refused/returned it will be sent back as a gift to the sender". This lady was trying to keep $495.00 of our money and only sent us a $20.00 sheet. Angel Baby Bedding then tried to state to the credit card company that we accepted the delivery and had received all items originally ordered which was the biggest lie ever! The owner should spend time in jail for fraud, and most of all harassment and unnecessary stress to pregnant women. I thought my blood pressure was going to skyrocket with all of the stress she put us through. Angel Baby Bedding ruined my first nursery experience... Not to mention this took almost 9 months to resolve all together. Good luck to anybody who catches this before purchasing-if you already have and found the complaints after the fact like I did, my deepest sympathy and apologies to you.