Angel Baby Bedding / Charged 30% restocking fee for an item that was never shipped

We had the same problem also, except they charged us a 30% restocking fee for an item that was never shipped. Our order was supposed to arrive "3-10 weeks" after ordering. We placed our order on Mar. 10, charged on April 15ish. May 19th was the 10 week deadline and still no word. We sent an email asking to cancel our order and we were charged a bogus 30% restocking fee...now it would make sense to charge that if the item was shipped but I doubt it even left the manufacturers warehouse. there were no tracking numbers or email saying it was shipped. And the owner, http://angelbabybedding.com/meet-the-owner-angelbabybedding.html, sent and email after we disputed the 30% (direct quote)

"If you would prefer a 50% restock fee and store credit, we can alter the leniency on the account."

Oh, and in the email she basically threatened to sue for defamation or libel if negative information was posted.

Final word...Do not order from angelbabybedding.com

Comments

Ka
  10th of Jul, 2009

I feel that you probably should not agree to a policy, unless you read it.

So I read here:
"I ordered would be shipped w/in 1-6 weeks" then "May 20th and as of June 22nd" - so that is 4 weeks and 2 days - within the 1-6 time frame agreed to (Not counting in business days). Then you were refunded in full because the items were not available from the manufacturer - also in the policy I read and not the retailer fault - the manufacturer fault.

Basically sounds like you did not read the policy on new collection offered and you are mad because you did not get your way. How do you think the retailer felt when they had to cancel orders based on the manufacturer defaulting on a product line?

Same thing for the lady with the restock fee - then do not cancel the order when it is still within ship time - or at least read a policy before you agree to it.

10th of Jul, 2009

Also, this is part of the terms of service i read, not an email - "Customer publicly insults, degrades, lies or releases any information regarding an order (even if it is their order) on public forums, websites, discussion boards (or any other type of Internet site or public place). If a customer uses our business name in any way other than personal email's or referrals. Or in any way trying to negatively impact our gross sales verbally or printed online or off by stating not to do business with our company and/or "warning" others because of an issue you may have had with shipping, prices, policy, customer service, or any services provided to you that you agreed to when purchasing with angelbabybedding.com. Under defamation and/or libel."

Ra
  12th of Jul, 2009

Umm...karen w. U work for angelbaby huh?

St
  12th of Jul, 2009

I agree with randomconsumer11. Funny, seems my wife got another bullying email threatening legal action from laura h. (owner of angelbabybedding) the same day that KAREN W posted that response...sounds like a ghost writer for angel baby.
It looks like the owner of angelbabybedding prolly prowls review websites and complaints boards for negative information and tries to bully people into taking down their opinions. Horrible business practices.

31st of Aug, 2009

No i do not work for them, i do run a small business though and I am sick of doing business with customers that are online constantly griping instead of praising. I would like to know how many posts you all have done with praising a company, rather than bashing it. It is silly. read a policy before you agree to it. The only person you should be upset with is yourself.

Jo
  2nd of Sep, 2009

If you're a reputible company you will 1. speak with the customer especially with concerns/questions; 2. you will answer emails with direct answers to their questions and not a copy and paste general canned message; 3. you will not have such a window of time in which to ship a product. I think this company needs to learn a few things from Lands End, Zappos and Baby Supermall. And how despicable to prey on those engaged in the joyous arrival of a newborn. Shame on you.

3rd of Sep, 2009
Best Best Advice +4 Votes

Sounds like you work for a competing company. Like I said, if people actually read an online store policy, no one would have an issue. The only one to blame is yourself.

3rd of Sep, 2009

My point on people and their ability to gripe and not praise. have a look :

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/salvation-army-shelter-c175878.html (interesting how people can be)

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/conroe-family-ymca-childcare-c240990.html (note these are volunteers that work here).

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/ebay-paypal-c158927.html (since when was paypal and ebay a bad thing? )

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/fdcampf-c169789.html (griping about money they are getting - it could be worse. they could get none at all)

See what I mean? Playing the blame game always makes you the loser.

9th of Sep, 2009

Karen W - nothing you've said is positive in nature. Angel Baby Bedding is rotten throughout. Please take a class in customer service before you rob an unsuspecting first time grandmother.

3rd of Dec, 2009

Oh please lol This is what I am talking about on my other posts too. How does a company "rob" a person when the policy is in their face? For one day it would be nice for a customer to actually have to sell goods, make MAYBE 2.00 per sale in this economy on a 200.00 item, then have to listen to their customers complain about a policy they agreed to lol Check my other posts... same stuff and it kills me how daft, rude and ignorant retail customers can be.

Gu
  1st of Mar, 2010

If Angel Baby Bedding, or any other company in the US, believes they can suppress free speech with a ridiculous contract phrase such as the one restated below found on their web site, then they obviously have much to be concerned about regarding their customer service, ability to execute orders and meet or even exceed customers' expectations. I strongly doubt a silly clause like this would hold up in any court in the US. It should however help deter individuals from doing business with a flaky company such as Angel Baby Bedding. Thanks for the heads up!

Bu
  10th of Mar, 2010

I have been trying to contact Angel Bedding Baby for over 2 weeks now for an update on our order. We placed an order in February 2010. Their so-called "shipping policy" states 2-3 weeks. Well, it's been over 5 weeks and still nothing. I have sent 3 e-mails that have gone unanswered, have made dozens of phone calls that ring until the phone disconnects, and have tried faxing to them only to have the fax machine time out because there is no answer. This is obviously a fraudulent company. Any company that put's so much emphasis on their ridiculous policies and has to constantly refer to them as a solution is clearly not doing something right. And I agree completely with the last post. There is a thing in this country called free speech and no one can suppress that. The internet is a public domain and anyone can post anything about anyone they choose. If Angel Bedding Baby is so overly concerned about getting bad publicity, perhaps they should run a reputable business.

Wi
  1st of Apr, 2010

I ordered from AngelBabyBedding in February. I still have a week or two until my item is due to arrive, I've already been charged as of March 22nd. I had a bad feeling and went online to check up...and this forum is what I found. It's very disturbing and unsettling to me. I'll keep the site posted as to if my item ever arrived, if it was on time and if it was in good, quality condition. I hope I wasn't scammed.

As for Karen W and her comment " it kills me how daft, rude and ignorant retail customers can be" I've worked customer service and in the retail industry for 14 years, serving those customers. IT KILLS ME that you still have a functioning business with that negative, condescending, sarcastic attitude. God help me if I ever do business with your company. I wish you would be so bold as to post the name of your company so that we are all forewarned not to do business with the likes of you. Geez, learn some acumen lady!

21st of Apr, 2010

I, too, placed an on-line order on Feb 21 2010 with Angel Baby Bedding for a 6-piece crib bedding set. I had located the Cocalo pattern I liked, and chose Angel Baby Bedding because they offered so many pieces of this pattern at the best price with free shipping. I wish I had checked for on-line complaints before I ordered. I did get an email confirmation that my order had been received. I also got an email concerning the shipping status of my order. While the the Angel Baby Bedding web site indicates a 2-8 week wait for Cocalo, the order status indicated that my order would ship in 2-3 weeks. It is now Week 9 and my order has yet to arrive. I sent 2 email inquiries and called the difficult-to-find phone number, only to have it ring without any answer or voice mail. I am so disappointed, as well as concerned, as I used a credit card to order. I have doubts that my info is secure. I believe Angel Baby Bedding should close their web site if they are not going to ship orders or respond to customer inquiries.

22nd of Apr, 2010

After cancelling my order with Angel Baby Bedding, I finally got an email response from them (within 24 hours - not 2-12 hours as stated on their web site), saying:

"Thank you, your order was for lams and ivy products, which on the policy
page ships at 3-10 weeks. Did you want the store credit per cancellation
policy, or would you like the products?
currently all lambs and ivy orders are shipping within 4-7 business days.
Once your items ship out, you will receive a tracking ID via email."

I DIDN'T ORDER LAMS AND IVY PRODUCTS!

They couldn't get the order right, couldn't respond until receiving cancellation, have yet to ship my correct order. Something is definitely NOT right here.

Perhaps the Better Business Bureau should be contacted.

23rd of Apr, 2010

I wanted to recognize Angel Baby Bedding for doing the right thing.
Twenty-four hours after I challenged their erroneous email response to my cancellation notice, they responded by sending another email, confirming my cancellation.

Since the order had not been charged to my credit card, no restocking fee or store credit was involved.

Hopefully, the customer service and response times can be improved to all Angel Baby Bedding to be successful.

Jw
  7th of May, 2010

I ordered from them in feb as well but read the policy duh people. It is right there. I think people just want to gripe . I will order from them in the future. As for the people above, I feel they are either really ignorant or illiterate. Good job Laura, the rep I talked to, keep up the good work and don't let these ###s bring you down . Jacob W. Ny, Ny

Am
  8th of May, 2010

I ordered in late Jan, but the policy time did say 3-10 weeks. I called in Feb, and spoke with Laura too. She stated there was a small back order and she sent me the email (which went into junk mail for some reason). She asked on the phone and in email is I wanted to cancel, so it wasn't like that option wasn't there the whole time (without a restock fee). But I did read the policy, and knew the ship times. I too am not understanding why the people on here are griping and the policy they agreed to. And, by the way, online store policies are legal binding contracts especially when they are agreed to.

Jw and Karen are right. The only thing angel baby bedding is guilty of is having illiterate customers.

I am going to call them back today, let them know what is being said on this board, because I can hardly believe it. I mean, really, mad about a restock fee? Most of the online stores today have that. Made about ship times? I am certain not all of their orders have back orders. Mad about an automated email? grow up. I think the statements are way too exaggerated, to say the least.

Am
  8th of May, 2010

Just got off the phone, and spoke with Laura. Yes on a Saturday. Was not hard to get through at all! Then sent an email to see if she would get it, she said she got it just fine and sent a reply tester.

She looked over the complaints while I was on the phone and she said, "I feel horrible that these few people are unhappy. I wish I could make them all happy. Though, I can't, but I can try" and "out of over 40, 000 customer this year, we have had less than 1 percent complaints". She continued, "this is better than most, if not all, similar online stores".

Unfortunately, since the people do not post their name on here, she could not look up their order directly. Though she ran an email search for the "dissapointed nana" email above and found the email. Apparently, this person, when auto-emailed, threatened legal action and requested a cancellation. Laura said that "those emails are very uncommon, but I just canceled her order for her as she requested, and of course no restock fee per policy". The products "nana" was ordering were not late according to her order date. Her product had a 2-6 week time frame in the policy. The actual time she waited was 5 weeks. This same customer on the cancellation form said "After nine (9) weeks of waiting" then in "nan's" email response back she said "After waiting seven weeks beyond your indicated shipping time, I am cancelling." Get your time frame right lady. Also, her crib set was due to ship within 24 hours when the cancellation was received, right on time.

I am sorry, but I loved the customer service from angel baby bedding. I like Laura, she was very kind, sweet, very funny and when i could not find what I wanted, she spent over 30 minutes with me on the phone (which she called me back on THEIR dime to talk to me) and helped me decide.

I think more companies need to be like this. You think babiesrus would do this? or walmart? People, you should be ashamed for being such ignorant consumers as to not even realize the way you treat a person is the way you will be treated.

She also wanted me to post the contact information for the company, as a few people are saying they have not been able to get through.

Remember, to leave information or a phone number at least when contacting because she said "a lot of the time, people just call and say "I need to know about my order" and hang up and they do not use the phone number to call that they ordered with"

I can understand that, I mean if you cannot get back to someone due to a bounced email or no info... common sense people.

Contact 24/7:

Phone / TEXT: 573.366.1305 - they use a texting service too!
Fax: 573-747-0515
Email: Jayla63640@sbcglobal.net
Online chat - here: http://www.angelbabybedding.com/Contact.html
All online question forms through here: http://www.angelbabybedding.com/Contact.html

No, I am not in anyway employed by this company, I am a writer for a newspaper (thinking about doing a feel-good piece on the company actually), I loved the service they provided and KNEW there was more to these stories above.

She also stated if people want to give their name on this forum, or the last four numbers of the order number, she will gladly call, email or otherwise contact them about their order.

Bu
  15th of May, 2010

Below is my experiences with Angel Baby Bedding, if even one person reads this and is detoured from using this company I will have been successful.

On November 30, 2009 I ordered a baby room collection from the company Angel Baby bedding; the page stated it would take 2-3 weeks for shipping. When I looked at the policy page it stated that baby bedding from the Lamb’s and Ivy collection could take up to 10 weeks. I had over three months left before the baby was due so I wasn’t worried.

On Dec 12, 2009 my credit card was charged for the order

On January 7, 2010 I emailed the business owner, almost 6 weeks after placement inquiring about my order as it should have been shipped 3 weeks prior. She emailed me back the same day and told me the order was “slated to arrive two weeks from now (Jan21, 2010)” and that she would try to speed it up.

On January 22, 2010, 8 weeks from the placement time, I emailed her again as I had not received any email or tracking ID and the order was to be shipped for sure on Jan 21, 2010. I recieved a read receipt but she did not reply to this email.

On February 8, 2010 I emailed the company inquiring about cancelling my order. I had waited the ten weeks and still no baby bedding. This order was never back ordered so I inquired about the restocking fee if I were to cancel. She emailed me back that day and beat around the bush but would not tell me if I would be charged a restocking fee. I had looked up previous complaints and she had charged other consumers 25-50% restocking fees up to the 18 weeks mark, the 3-10 week shipping time plus a back order time of 3-8 weeks (these consumers were never told their orders were back ordered and upset by these charges) As far as I was concerned she was not receiving any of my money if did not get an order. I emailed her again inquiring about the restocking fees only to get no reply. I phoned this company only to have it ring and ring.

On February 10, 2010, knowing I was not going to get my order and my baby was due on March 7, 2010 I ordered from Baby supermall the exact same order. I received this order on February 16, 2009, six days later from the same state as Angel Baby Bedding.

On February 26, 2010 I sent another frustrated letter to the business owner only to get no reply. I also faxed a letter only to have it rejected and phoned only to have it ring and ring.
I then on March 5, 2010 placed a complaint with the BBB, they attempted twice to contact the owner with no reply. I also gave a statement on an advisory for this company to inform the public about this company.

On March 23, 2010 the charges on my Credit Card was reversed after several attempts by my Credit Card Company to contact the business owner.

On April 6, 2010, 18 weeks and 1 day after the placement of the order, I cancelled through the Angel Baby Bedding website. No tracking ID was sent for my order and the time frame had expired. I have printed off copies of the cancellation as I knew this company was shady and I might need a copy of it. I also have copies of webpage history proving my cancellation of my order.

April 14, 2010 I received shipping information for the order that had been cancelled. I emailed her back Stating that I had cancelled the order a week and half ago and did not want this order. Surprise surprise, I received a read receipt but no reply to this email.
I entered the Tracking ID of CJ1052687 into UPS, the shipping company she states she used to ship my order on an email update, and it was invalid. I called the company and they stated they have no parcel in my name. My opinion is this order was never shipped.

On April 15, 2010, instead of dealing with the disputed purchase on my credit card she made an unauthorized charge on my card on a cancelled order.

It is now May 15, 1010; 24 weeks after I ordered my baby bedding and I still have nothing, she won't email/call me back and the tracking ID is still invalid. On the advice of the BBB and my credit card company I am to not to accept this package but to send it back to the buisness, if I ever indeed recieve it(Which I highly doubt)

I feel sorry for all of the you consumers out there having to deal with this company, I feel your pain and frusteration. I suggest filing a complaint with the BBB as that is the only way to deal with this owner after you exhausted all other methods.