Andrew Webber, Just Webber / Was paid and did not deliver work

Andrew Webber bid on a web design project for me. We came to an agreement and he took a deposit. He then became "slow" in delivering anything- then had a strong of "personal issues" which kept him from finishing- then admitted he wasn't going to complete the project and said he would refund my deposit. Which despite repeated calls and mails, he did NOT do.
Google this guy- you'll never hire him. I am sure he must have changed his name by now.

Comments

• Vo
      4th of Jun, 2009

Did the exact same thing to me back in 2005. Ran into him AGAIN in 2009. He ADMITTED he was a con and told me he was "changing his ways" once I confronted him with what he did to me years back...took an upfront fee then began a series of excuses. He even said he would refund my money..HA! Yeah, right. Once I got off the phone with him I checked on various [redacted] sites and even just that past week he was still pulling the same old stunts. He's a pathological lair who tries to wear people down until they go away. Always super friendly and available at first, then once he's got a few hundred bucks from you, all the personal problems start up. He now has a website wutt.ca. It means nothing. It's a front for a company that does not deliver work. And I don't care HOW many "rebuttals" his girlfriends try to leave here, they are weak and ineffective cries trying to protect themselves or him.
    Just remember, he ADMITTED to me on the phone he was a screw up and a thief. That was all I had to know. And...he hasn't changed.

A word to the wise..check out ALL references a person gives you that they claim they built. The sites will look very good, very impressive. Flash sites. Over time the owners of these companies used as references got back to me and told me he had regularly used them claiming they were his own work.

The guy just doesn't know when the real world ends and the one of deception and lies begins.

Buyer beware. Get real references from people you know. Research what you do. NEVER send money western union. Don't alwasy trust PayPal. Remember..your money is GONE.

• Ge
      7th of Jun, 2009

Yep! Andrew Webber or Andrew Wutt or whatever he wants to call himself is a MAJOR scam artist. the EXACT same thing happened to me only a few weeks ago. He took my deposit, of only $50 mind you, saying he needed it for smokes, red bulls and munchies. That once he started a project, he worked non stop and would have the site up real fast, probably within 24 hours!

No work was EVER completed past the initial mockup he made to convince me to send the deposit. He also claimed that that all the [redacted]s on him were misunderstanding and that he was going to fix his rep by building me that site even after i found out he was a scam artist. that was the last time i ever heard from him. I've since reported him to the FTC, the IC3 and recol.ca and I recommend others do the same!

Wutt.ca needs to be shut down! Andrew, jesus christ. You are a terrible person. You have nothing in your life to be proud of, I'm sure. You're a screw up, a thief, and a loser.

• Sr
      11th of Jun, 2009

So far it seems he ripped me off for $300. I deposited $100 in his CIBC account. He produced a website that he emailed me. I gave him the $200 and now he is saying he has "bell" issues and will upload it in 3 hrs. It has come and gone. My mistake is I did not google his name. Collectively we should call the RCMP on him and report his actions. ANYONE? Email me at newwheelchaisr@hotmail.com

• Te
      23rd of Jun, 2009

Serves you right you D1ck. you expect to pay $50 or $300 for a website and not get scam. Why don't you pay people for what they are worth and hire respectable designers and not low life ### and you will not be in this position. I just wish there are more of him out there to root out ### employers like you.

Cheers

6th of Jul, 2009

Attention Victims,

This has happened to me as well and apparently when you google this guys's name 'Andrew Webber / Just Webber / wutt.ca he has many other victims as well.

My story is not important however shutting him down is and together, we can do this by simply outsmarting him. Each of you have your own story as well as bits and pieces of information that can be provided to the authorities who can build a case against this parasite sufficient to issue a warrant for his arrest and charge him with Fraud and this will stop him once and for all.

As it appears he is based in Toronto, Ontario Canada and if we put the pieces together, we may likely be able to track him down. In many cases, perhaps most, these white collar criminals have a history and so there's as good a chance as any that he has already has a criminal record or at the very least has been flagged by the Toronto Police Department so I believe this would be as a good a place to start as any.

TORONTO POLICE DEPARTMENT

Therefore, I would suggest as a first step each of us should contact the Toronto Police Department's Fraud Department and lodge a factual formal complaint. I would suggest keeping it purely factual and unemotional. The fact is we are likely to never see our money again and therefore our primary objective should be to stop him in in tracks while he is still scamming, likely this very minute and so every minute, every detail counts and the TPD don't really care about our story as much as they do about apprehending him so keep it simple and give them as much detail/facts as you can including any formal complaints you may have filed, with whom, and so on. You can contact the TPD Fraud Unit here:

Fraud Squad
    E-mail Fraud Squad
    40 College St., Toronto, ON, M5G 2J3
    Phone: 416-808-7300
    Fax: 416-808-7302
    Unit Commander: Staff Inspector Susan Grosvenor

Email: susan.grosvenor@torontopolice.on.ca

WESTERN UNION

Next, if you are like me, you have paid Mr. Webber via Western Union and so it would be in my best judgment to not only provide them with your control number so that they too may file a formal fraud complaint and record it as such so this may be used as further evidence for the TPD to prosecute. Also, if thy (Western Union) are smart, they will flag his name somehow so that in the event he attempts to do this again, maybe, just maybe they can work with TPD and require the dispensing WE outlet to ask for government ID (driver licence, passport, birth certificate) and once they have obtained this, decline his request to recieve the funds and immediately forward the details to TPD > this would fast track his apprehension and assure us that justice will be served.

If you think you have been a victim of fraud please contact us at 1-800-448-1492 (Western Union)

WEBSITES & SERVICES

Next, we have to ask ourselves where is he finding his victims > I found him on a website www.flashden.net and he can be found here:

Contact them, as I have, and have his products and services removed immediately and advise them that there is an ongoing and extensive fraud investigation into Mr.Webber's business and c.c. your communication with the folks at flashden.net (or any other site that you know he is showcasing his products and services) with Staff Inspector Susan Grosvenor so that any personal contact information they have on file for Mr. Webber can be provided to TPD for their case.

This can and should be repeated with any website in which he is associated with and they will certainly have details on him, including payment details as he must provide them with a payment method to receive his credits from purchases.

ISP / GODADDY.com / INTERNIC.ca

Next, let's shut him down immediately by contact his ISP (GoDaddy Inc) and have his site revoked and blacklisted. They will also have contact details for him and their fraud department will also cooperate with the TPD as obligated by law.

It might also be a good idea to contact Internic.ca who governs the registration of Canadian domain names and they too should be advised

Url: www.wutt.ca
    IP: 72.167.232.35

abuse@godaddy.com
    noc@godaddy.com

Internic.ca is the Canadian Registrar and can assist local law enforcement with details on registration and contact details.

Toll Free Phone: 1-866-642-1232
    Phone: (613)-820-4374
    Fax: (613)-221-1205
    E-mail: service@internic.ca

COMPLAIN COURIER/CANADIAN GOVERNMENT

Register a formal complaint with the Canadian Government's Online Fraud Protection Division

consumer.information@ic.gc.ca
    or via telephone at (613) 946-2576.

INTERNET CRIME COMPLAIN CENTRE (FBI)

File a formal complaint with the FBI IC3 website > Mr. Webber's name and details will be posted and flagged and any attempted travel to the United States will be prevented and he will be detained as his name will be registered in a national database which is cross-referenced with the United States Border Patrol Land & Sea - if he attempts at any point now or later to enter in the USA by land or sea and he is stopped and his name is entered into the computer, his name show as an individual being investigated by the FBI for multiple Internet fraud complaints and he will be detained and likely incarcerated in a US prison and put on trial for his actions.

RIP-OFF/https://www.complaintsboard.com

Sites these are excellent for lodging complaints against businesses and individuals and is exactly how we found each other and each time a scammer strikes, they will be recorded to eternity for all to see and this will help aid in any criminal investigations carried out by local law enforcement agencies and almost always show up in search results.

/link removed/

These are just a few of the good options available to us. My email address is bossabeach@gmail.com > email me your email address and I will forward copy of this entire post to you as well as keep you informed of the status of MY CASE against Mr. Webber and his fraudulent activities and together, we can ensure this individual (parasite) is apprehended and justice is served once and for all.

I wish you all the very best in your quest to recover your money and serve justice to this man.

Kind Regards,

Michael Burke
    310-464-1606

11th of Jul, 2009

Update: Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dear Victims of Andrew Webber, Wutt.ca:

I have spoken with both the FBI as well as the Toronto Police Fraud Squad and have their attention. I know exactly how to get this guy, serve justice, and possibly get your money back. There is an ongoing investigation into this criminal activity and I now have the means and contacts to locate Mr. Webb, have him apprehended, and charged.

If you have been defrauded by Mr. Webber and his alleged accomplice, and would like to participate directly or indirectly with the investigation, please contact me direct at bossabeach@gmail.com or call me +1 310 464 1606 and I will update you on the status of this criminal and how you can help have him prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law both in the USA and Canada.

At present, Mr. Webber has a warrant out for his arrest and before I reveal his current location (he is likely to move however I have the means to find him), each additional compaint filed along strengthens our resolve and the maximum allowable penalty under CDN and USA law.

Let us rain down our conviction on this man to ensure that he does not defraud any other victims and that justice is served. Attached is a recent photo of Mr. Webber

Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you. I will be sending out this message to each who has posted on this site as well as 3 other sites I have found with similar complaints.

Kindly,

Michael

11th of Jul, 2009

photo: Andrew Webber, wutt.ca

• Ri
      7th of Aug, 2009

I as well have a pending motion action in the court system against andrew webber and sheila blackmore of wutt.ca. I also have used recol.ca to file agaisnt him. Im glad to hear there is an arresst warranty out for him

Best of luck to all the victims

9th of Dec, 2009

I posted on craigslist and he contacted me. I wanted someone to write a facebook app I had in mind, and like the sucker that i am i sent him$200 through - you guessed it - Western Union. That right there should have been a dead give away. But...I am too trusting of strangers and I see it as partially my fault.

I will follow up with every contact listed on this post. I think the best way to get him is to find a good hacker and have him change all of his passwords. His IP address is listed here and that is a start. He also has a facebook account. To harass him I would suggest that we all go to his page and send messages to all of his friends telling them what a rip off he is. Then we could each use our twitter accounts and post his email address and his web site and say that he has some free offer. It would stuff his in box with tons of useless emails. Lets get our revenge! Hire a hacker and get vindication! Tell all of your friends to email him everyday to fill his in box so he will be so busy deleting emails that he won't have time to rip others off. Let's get even!

15th of Dec, 2009

Well, Andrew contacted me again pleading his case. I think he sounds sincere, so i will see how this plays out by giving him more of a chance. If he does what he says he will then I will post in on this forum and give him my kudos. Likewise if it doesn't work out. As I said he sounds sincere so I hope he does well.

• Iu
      12th of Jan, 2010

We are a company in Italy and were looking for a freelancer to help us out with a Flash and Actionscript project so we found Andrew who of course asked to be paid upfront, sounded very professional promissed but never delivered, he would answer with 1-2 line emails that I can provide to anyone interested and even though I brought his attention that we are about to file a Police Report he was not moved at all.

Silly us for having sent him 500USD for the job. For anyone that has information on the matter of finding this ### please contact me via email info@vitriolconsult.com or our US phone (302) 504-4544

Do not under any circumstance believe this phoney!

Iurie Vlasov

• Sm
      23rd of Jan, 2010

Didnt get me, decided to do some research on him first before sending my hard earned $$$ over and this site says it all.

24th of Jan, 2010

Hi!

Andrew also scammed me and I am filing a class action suit against him on Monday. He will finally be served his dose of reality. Should you wish to be a part of it, contact me at angelina.gallo@live.ca

Thanks!

3rd of Feb, 2010

Well, it's me again. Webber never came through. I'm yet another victim. He is a ripoff and a scam artist. He stopped answering my emails and then when I threatened him all of a sudden my computer came up with a virus. Coincidence? It seems too suspicious. So here is my revenge plan. There is a site called yelp.com and yelp.ca. Yelp has over 1 million page views a month. It's a site where you rate a business. I will post there and tell the world what a ###, ripoff he is. I hope everyone here will do the same. Also soon I will be starting my own site dedicated to stopping this thief. In a few weeks look for http://andrewwebberscamartist.com. So between yelp, this site and my site when someone googles his name at least these three will come up.

I too will try to find him and have him prosecuted. I have sent Angelaina an email. MAybe we can all get together to stop this snake.

4th of Feb, 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Andrew Webber
    Date: Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 1:52 PM
    Subject: You lying S.O.B.
    To: Doug Atkins

I have been trying to get in touch with you. You have not responded to my request. I have included the police on this as I am tired, sick and tired of you lies and ###;

Good morning

show details Jan 4

I am hoping that we get things settled today as i really want to start the New year right. I backed away with New Years and all, but really want to know whats going on.

Forward

show details Jan 5

Hey Doug,

I am not sure what is going on. I have tried to get in touch with you on numerous occasions and I have had no response. I would greatly appreciate some kind of response in regards to the application that I have completed for you.

- Show quoted text -

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Andrew Webber wrote:

Forward

show details Jan 6

Doug,

I have yet to hear back from you. I have made numerous numerous tries to get in touch with you and no response to date. Yet I have to look at the posting on Complaintsboard.com that you wrote about me. I have to say I am very very disappointed and I feel that I have been taken for a ride. But yet the posting will scar my reputation for quite some time to come. I hope I am wrong.

- Show quoted text -

--------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Andrew Webber
    Date: Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:09 AM
    Subject: Just one more time
    To: Doug Atkins

Hey Doug,

I wanted to try one more time, as I would like to finish what I started for you. I am not sure maybe something went wrong (hopefully not) with you personally and that is why I had not heard back. If you would like to proceed I am here and more than willing to do so. Just drop me a line to let me know. If it is a go lets gets this taken care of ASAP.

Regards
    Andrew

What is wrong with you people???? Seriously what the hell is wrong with you??? Do you have a life???? I sent you a virus??? Are you insane??? I have been there holding your hand. I have now lost all respect for you as you turned out to be just like the rest and I have had it with you. I am now going to post this on complaintsboard for everyone to see. You are a LIAR. I felt sorry for you as you CLAIM you go to the hospital everyday to be with your wife. I tried to contact you everyday before 8:30am and after 9:30pm. You are going to create a website called http://andrewwebberscamartist.com. I am highly recommending you not do that. You do not need the legal trouble as well as financial trouble you will cause yourself if you should.

Stop while you are ahead as it is quite obvious you have no idea what the hell you are doing.

14th of Apr, 2010

All that BS about webber trying to contact me is complete bull S@#$. In classic webber fashion he is lying here as he always does. I gave him my money in December of 2009 and it is now April of 2010 and I have seen nothing. He claims he as sent me stuff but we all know that's a lie. Like others here and other places have said be puts you off and puts you off hoping that you will give up and go away. I am not going away. If I have to complain about him until I am 100 I will never rest until he is out of business or behind bars like everyone who is the ### of the earth deserves to be. Don't believe him. He is an idiot!

14th of Apr, 2010

Oh Doug you IDIOT!!! I will now copy e-mails between us where you even informed me you changed your e-mail address and the lame excuse for why. YOU LIAR!!!

from Doug Atkins
    to Andrew Webber
    date Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:43 PM
    subject Re: Just touching base
    signed-by gmail.com

Yes, I see what you mean. That makes sense. Why don't you do it seperate from netflix, or what ever way works for you best.

As I mentioned I no longer get gmail on my computer at home so I have to go to the library to communicate with you. I have a third email address that I never use, but at least I could talk with you easier. The email address is doug02345@yahoo.com

date Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    subject Just wanted to confirm
    mailed-by gmail.com

You DID receive the images though correct?

date Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    subject Re: Just wanted to confirm

hide details Mar 25

Doug, I sent the vector logo images a couple of days ago to your gmail address. Please confirm receipt.

date Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:35 PM
    subject Ok so here is the concept
    mailed-by gmail.com

I am going to put together the same app but pull info from the IMDB
    SUPER streamlined, they have ALL their data organized pristine
    and with all the data they have you can expand on this if you want to in the future
    also - pretty much NO ONE is doing this!

date Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:15 PM
    subject Hey there
    mailed-by gmail.com

been emailing at the yahoo one and not getting any response
    where are we at?

date Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    subject Touching base
    mailed-by gmail.com

The app has activity on it and I am just wondering when we can get this completed and squared up

Thanks

Personally I think you have too much time on your hands. The work is done you have even been reviewing the work as it shows activity on your part. Be an honest person for goodness sakes and admit it. Pay for the balance of the work so I can give you the source files and you can go (to be blunt) SQUARE TO HELL. After your last posting I did not want any more to do with you BUT being the person I am I started the work and I wanted to finish it. Which I HAVE INDEED DONE. So lets end this now!!! Stop with your lies and bull crap be a man and admit you are lying and lets be done.

16th of Apr, 2010

Andrew just delivered a logo. I have to tell everyone that it looks terrific. Very professionally done. I am very pleased and impressed.

10th of May, 2010

its.wutt@gmail.com

City: Toronto
    Province: Ontario
    Country : Canada

Super sketchy - only accepts payment by Western Union.

BEWARE!!

11th of May, 2010

After Webber sent me the logo he said that he wanted all of the remaining cash before he would show me the final product (a facebook app) . Pure and simple I don't trust him. He's had my down payment since December or 2009 and it's now May, and all I have seen is th4 logo and a lot of promises. Based on my experiences with him and those of others I feel that he is trying to rip me off, like everyone else. As myself and everyone else here knows that he is a scam artist. Don't trust him. I certainly don't!