Andersen Corp / Defective windows
As homeowner I purchased 41 Andersen windows and 16 Frenchwood patio doors for a new home that was completed in mid 1999. Within a month of occupancy, I informed Andersen that some of the windows were out of tolerance so that the Andersen screens could not be installed. I also informed Andersen that the method for fastneing the hardwood grilles to the patio doors was faulty. Andersen representative, Lance Chevalier, inspected these defects and agreed to pay the replacement costs for new windows, and refund the cost of the patio door grilles. These promises were never kept.
In early 2004 Andersen was informed that the exterior vinyl was delaminating from the patio doors, and spots had developed between the glass of an octagon window. Mr.Chevalier sent Andersen workmen to replace the vinyl with aluminum on 6 of the doors, and applied caulking to the delaminated vinyl seams of the other 10 doors by running it high on the glass with his finger.
The repair was considered crude and unprofessional.
Subsequently a verbal agreement was reached wherein Andersen would replace the defective windows, refund the cost of the grilles, and replace the delainated vinyl with aluminum on 12 of the 16 doors. Mr. Chevalier sent a release which was not in accordance with the verbal agrement. Andersen sent a revised release in mid August 2005.
In mid Spetember 2005 Andersen changed the terms of the revised release and delivered 12 new patio doors to be installed by Andersen workers the following day. Andersen was advised that the installation of the doors prior to applying interior finish and replacing only 12 ofthe 16 defective doors was unacceptable. Andersen's installation instructions are for finishing patio doors prior to installation.
After Andersen's change of the terms of the release concerning the patio doors, their posiiton has been that I should sign the revised release even though it is factually untrue.
More Andersen Corp Complaints & Reviews
- Andersen Windows - Do not honor warranty! 
- Andersen Windows - Rotting wood in the windows 
- Andersen Windows - Poor customer service 
- Serious Problems With Andersen Double Hung Vinyl Clad Windows - Windows 
- Andersen Windows - Warranty
- Anderson Windows and Doors - patio henged door..400 series
- Andersen Windows & Doors - patio door
- Andersen Windows & Doors - anderson 3000 series door 
- Andersen Windows & Doors - series 2500 storm door
- Andersen Windows & Doors - installed windows by anderson leaking - and no call back!!!