Anchor House Financial / FRAUD

Phone: 866-961-6024

Unbelievable. I called this number on craigslist, knowing that it was too good to be true. But, what the hell. Right? WRONG!!! They advertised $700/month mortgage take-overs on pre-foreclosed houses. I figured that with the economy, anything is possible. The guy on the phone explained that I put $199 as a down payment and a no credit check (which doesn't matter b/c I have great credit, but not a lot of money to put down). So, I figured it was a good deal. I asked where I could view the list and he asked me "what credit line do you usually use?" I said Visa. He said "what's your expiration date on the card?" I replied, "why do you need my credit card information?" First Red Flag. He said "you need to put the $199 down now, but you get a full refund if you don't purchase a house. We will send you a list of houses to your email." He told me that all I had to do was call customer service if I didn't find anything and they would refund my money immediately, and they would honor that refund for up to one year. I asked him where I could find that information in writing and he said it would be sent in the email after I gave him my credit card number. Second Red Flag. I immediately looked up the Terms and Conditions on the website and about 1/2 way down I found where it said that in order to get a refund (which they only honor for ninety days) you had to send certified mail to Anchor House Financial with at least 5 denial letters from homeowners. Third Red Flag. I immediately read out loud to the guy what I found on the website, explaining that it was totally different from what he told me and he said "I don't know, that's just what they told me to read in the script." Are you kidding me? I laughed and said, "you realize that you're ripping people off, right?" And then he hung up on me. How do these people sleep at night? If I had $199 dollars to flush down the toilet I wouldn't be looking online for foreclosed houses. Like I said. Unbelievable.

Comments

• Pa
      11th of Oct, 2008

Look out for Anchor House Financial

They take $199.00 for access to their web site for preforclosed homes with the promise of THOUSADS of homes listed with pictures & balences of mortgages as well as phone # of current homeowner and mortgage company. I was also told that the $199.00 was refundable.
    End result = website listed two properties without any pictures or info for the entire state!
    Next state over listed = 0 properties
    I call back and am told the policy for returns is (Impossable to attain)

• Br
      12th of Oct, 2008

Our apologies that there wasn't home available in your area. If your looking for a specific city, state, zip code, etc. all you do is contact customer support. They will complete a custom search for your area and any area that your looking for. Were happy to help you. A simple phone call would have solved your issue. Also the fee that you paid is still fully refundable. Were not here to take peoples money, were doing our best to assist you in getting into a home. Contact Customer Support ASAP!

• Mk
      14th of May, 2018

@Brian How does one contact customer support?

• Ly
      17th of Oct, 2008

Looking into purchasing a home. Found them on backpage.com with the intent to get more information on a particular house listed. Gentlemen who answered the line said I had to pay a one time fee of $199 to handle title and what not and if I could not get would get the money back. Contacted customer service to further get information and was promised to get emailed detailed information but to date have not received it.

• Ti
      18th of Oct, 2008

Reading the comment above...I'd like to try the suggestion made to Brian. Customer support...could I please be informed of the listings in or around Spokane Wa. or Coeur d 'Alene Id.? Thank you very much! I'd be happy to invest in your services as long as I'm assured there are some worthwhile opportunities in this area. Tim

• Ka
      25th of Oct, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE WITH YOUR MONEY>>> THANK GOD I NEVER GAVE THESE STUPID IDIOTS ANY OF MY MONEY> THERE ARE A LOT OF EX MORTGAGE BROKERS OUT THERE TRYING TO GET BY>>> BY SCAMMING PEOPLE OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY!! SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE. THEY BETTER WATCH OUT OR THE FEDS ARE GOING TO BE KNOCKING ON THEIR DOORS PRETTY SOON!!

29th of Oct, 2008

i cussed these idiots out and they threatened to put me in federal prison

• Te
      4th of Nov, 2008

i saw ad on the craigslist and thought what do i have to lose. well i called the 877 number and a guy answered. i started asking some questions and he did not like that and hung up on me. for those of you who come across this add, it is a scam

• De
      4th of Nov, 2008

The same thing happen to my, I was on criaglist and came across the add, when the guy told me that's all I had to do was pay 199.00 and take over the payments which was 932.00, I ask him the name of his company and he became very upset with me and called me mam.

So I decided to look up the name he give me and look what I found. Scam Scam Scam, there are others on Craiglist be careful.

I am going to contact Craiglist and report them.

• De

Yeah RIGHT, THIS IS A SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

6th of Nov, 2008

I have no comment...

6th of Nov, 2008

no comment..

• Ca
      10th of Nov, 2008

I too saw their ad on Craigs list, called the 877 # go tthe same speel. He kept pressuring me to give him my credit card info "to get you started". I told him I didn't feel comfortable giving my info. out to someone I didn't know about. He said " It's only $199.99. It's not like your buying a ______." I forget what his compared it to a mercedes or something. But I told him I'd have to talk to my husband first. He then gave me the web address & said all I'd have to do is give him my info to charge $199.00 & I'd get all the housing info.
    I have just e-mailed them asking if they are licensed by the California Department of Real Estate. Let's see what they say to that!
    This is SHADY SHADY SHADY. Smells like a "too good to be true "SCAM!!!

• Mi
      10th of Nov, 2008

I saw the ad on craigs list of a home with a take over payment option the charged $199 to my credit card and have gotton no further information on houses I am very angry I want to find out how I can get my money back.

IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

• Jd
      10th of Nov, 2008

thank u so much for the info. i thank god i research it first before trying to commit to them..

12th of Nov, 2008

I just called the phone number also and got a speal of nobody does anything for free and I said I was interested in seeing a property that they listed and he said I would have to pay the money first to get the addresses of thier property's. I said I was only interested in the one and didn't want to shell out $200 to see if I even have an interest in it.
    HE THEN HUNG UP ON ME!!!
    CROOKS< CROOKS< CROOKS

• Pg
      26th of Nov, 2008

I am really glad i read this first, and I am sorry all of you had to deal with untruthful, people. There are people out there that need homes, and this is not fair to the public, if this happening, I will do my own home search on my own.

28th of Nov, 2008

I just saw the same ad on Craigslist and yeah, the guy got really short and hung up when I wanted to wait and not just give some stranger my credit card number. Something just felt wrong. Thanks for being there guys cause if I didn't find info to support my feeling that something wasn't right I'm sure I'd be out of $199.00 right now. I think it's best that we not only post but that we all complain to the source where the ad was located like Debra Jenkins said that she was going to do.

• Ju
      30th of Nov, 2008

I too found the ad on craigslist. surprisingly the lady was very nice and patient. in desperation, i forked over my credit card info with hopes. i was so naive to be fooled by the representative's caring voice. I made the mistake and did not research this company. my husband was upset that i didnt consult him of this decision. i then came to my senses to google it right after the phone call. and what do i see? SCAM SCAM SCAM. i realized the mistake i made and called back immediately to the customer care to cancel since I did not consult my husband about this. another representative told me that someone will call me back. never received a call. and never received any email as discussed when signing up for this service. i just wasnt my money back. i never even logged on to their site since I DO NOT have their site info that there were supposed to email me. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY

• Ke
      30th of Nov, 2008

I called the number listed on craigslist for anchor house finance, and proceeded to ask how the program worked. The guy asked me for the number to my credit card without asking what my name was. When I called him on it, he got antsy and impatient. The only thing he was concerned about was gettiing my bank info. When I refuesed to give him my bank info he tried to get short and hang up. I told him that his attitude was unprofessional and he really got steamed then hung up. BEWARE OF THESE WOLVES IN SHEEPS CLOTHING. DO NOT GET DUPPED INTO THERE BULLCRAP.

27th of Dec, 2008

I praise God for this site. I called the number for Anchor House Financial on craigslist and almost got scammed. These scammers need to be shut down. Why are they still in operation? Why are they being allowed to continue to scam people who are already in bad situations? I spoke with ayoung scammer and he was very very polite. I wiggled my way off the phone and typed in the name of their company in my browser. How come the word fraud is a key phrase in all complaints? These people should be ashamed of themselves. Do not give them your hard earned money. They are shameful.