Ancestry.com / Impossible cancellation of a registered guest
After several failed attempts to unsubscribe from all of Amncestry.com newsletters and emails, I complained to the Custeomer Service, asking them for help and asking contextually to cancel my account from all of their databases.
They answered me telling me that:
1) that I was placed in their "Do Not Contact List", which should mean that I shouldn't receive any new email from them
2) Surprisingly, they told me that for "Registered Guest accounts (...) there is not an established method to cancel these accounts. When you have concluded using your Registered Guest account, simply discontinue your use".
My complaints refer to:
A) I do still receive emails from them. Date of my complaint to Ancestry.com 02/16/2010, Date of their answer: 02/18/2010, date of the last Newsletter I received from them 03/02/2010 - which means AFTER being included in the "do not contact list".
More Ancestry.com Complaints & Reviews
- Ancestry.com - Scam and fraud 
- Ancestry.com - deleting account 
- Mfi Family Ancestry / Ancestry.com - Credit card fraud! 
- Ancestry.com - credit card fraud 
- Ancestry. Co. Uk - scam 
- Ancestry - ancestry.com membership
- Ancestry - automatic renewal
- Ancestry - ancestry records
- Ancestry - auto renewal of subscription - no warning that the auto renewal has taken place
- Ancestry.com - rude customer service