Ancestry. Co. Uk / scam

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

What an awful scam from a large US based company that preys on those interested in family history.
They offer a 14 day free trial. However they take your card details and then bill you if YOU dont cancel the free trila. The terms and conditions do say they will BUT who reads all the terms and conditions. That is what they work on-the assumption we dont read them. what a scam. They make MILLIONS $ and £'s in USA and UK and worldwide.
Anyone else ripped off by them?

Comments

• Ba
      31st of Jan, 2010
    www.ancester.co.com - paid fee unable to get online
    United Kingdom
    ancester.co.uk

paid special offer fee on *january 8 2010 money taken from my account but cannot access web site

• La
      31st of Jan, 2010

i have received an sms on my mobile that no. is 9835221255. in this massage written that i had awarded one million pond from yahoo/msn contest held in london.

• Vi
      24th of Oct, 2012

i agree with the last complaint ancestry .co. are pulling a scam .i used the site only once when i signed up for the so called free trial didnt realise they would bill me without letting me know first not until i received my credit card statement and found i had been charged quite are large sum as i am a senior citizen (you you would think i should know better but you trust people who are advertised on television and have such a big profile .
    i do hope no one else will be taken in by this firm as i was i have cancelled my subscription by phone tried to do it online but email address was not recognised

6th of Feb, 2017

Its time that an international police investigation was immediate because for 3 months AFTER i Cancelled my Account held for many years
    and still they are extracting a monthly premium.
    If I try and log in "BECAUSE I OBVIOUSLY HAVE AN ACCOUNT I am notified my E.Mail/Password is not recognised.
    So phoning the Dublin Office Southern Ireland I was informed I had an account according to their records and thats why they have extracting MY MONEY OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT.
    Strange how signing in on thev Ancestry Co Uk internet site I am advised that I do not have an account, yet today Leo in Dublin stated I do have an account showing and thats why they extract money monthly.
    So having E.Mailed and cancelled in December 2016 they decided to not cancel but illegally extract money each month.
    I will be pursuing the Chief Executive of Ancestry Co Uk and seek an immediate Police Authority investigation in Utah and Dublin