Ancestory.com / Taken by Ancestory.com

1 UT, United States

I tried a 14 day free trial from Ancestry.com. They offered a month membership for 22.95 and the website made it look like it for just one month. I soon realized they were automatically charging my CC a monthly fee of 22.95. I called and cancelled and received a cancellation number. Seven months later I discovered they were still charging me. I couldn't find my cancellation number (I later did) and the agent cancelled me again. She had no record of my previous cancellation. I asked for the charges for August (2012) to be removed and she said she couldn't. I gave the first cancellation number to the next agent I called, and he found it and said the account was reinstated the next month. I did not reinstate it. I do highly suspect that my membership was automatically reinstated without my knowledge when I revisited the site looking for any deals they might be offering. I was told to email support to ask for a refund. I asked who I might go to if I didn't get satisfaction. He wouldn't tell me and when I jokingly said "a lawyer?" he said, "yea". Their business tactics and poor customer satisfaction is sub-par and they are just really good at ripping people off. I plan on making complaints to BBB and the State Attorney's Office if I don't get a refund from them. I'm really angry about this.

More Ancestory.com Complaints & Reviews