Anantara Vacation Club / Misleading information

1 3rd Floor, White Group 1 Building, 75 Soi Rubia · Sukhumvit 42 Road · PrakhanongBangkok, Thailand Review updated:

11 April 2015, my wife and I arrived in Phuket, Thailand and were approached by a salesperson telling us about Anantara Vacation Club (AVC) and a special offer for attending a presentation. On 14 April 2014, we met with representatives at the Anantara resort area. We were offered a membership in which the representative stated the regular annual points would not expire. One of the managers stated that 9, 000 bonus points would be offered if we signed up for the membership that day that would give us enough points to be able to go to the Maldives. I found out later that our level of membership/ ownership did not allow us to go to the Maldives until after the first year in which the bonus points will have expired. None the regular points expire. We did not receive access to the Anantara web site until 24 April 2015 when an email was sent to us providing the log in information. By this time I was back at my work place and did not have much free time to review the web site. It was also past the “5 day cooling period”. My work requires me to put in 12 hours a day, 7 days a week until my next approved vacation time which is anywhere from 2 to 3 months after returning from my previous vacation. So I am very limited on planning future vacations to about 3 months in advance; this fact was stated during the presentation. Once I had received access to look at the web site, I found that Koh Samui, Thailand did not have available accommodations until about 6 months; our ownership/ membership level was not eligible for the Maldives and I found that the regular points had an expiration date. My wife is a Philippine citizen so we are limited on what countries we can go to; this fact was also made very clear to the representatives during the presentation. I am used to being able to make last minute decisions to book a trip through Expedia and was left with the impression that being an Ananatara Vacation Club owner/ member would be the same or better. I was not informed or aware that AVC Vacation Club was a timeshare until after talking with Capital One sometime in July 2015 while dispute the AVC Vacation Club charges. If I knew that it was a timeshare I would never have signed any paperwork. It appears that the Annatara Vacation Club “ownership” is not an “investment” as advertised. I have mentioned several times that I would not be able to use their services as I was lead to believe. Insufficient information was provided to me in order to make an honest and sound judgment to what was actually being offered. Michael Kosmas, VP Marketing Alliances, Ananatara Vacation Club states that AVC is a vacation lifestyle investment. However, I have found that AVC does not fit my lifestyle to be considered an investment. I have stated many times that I cannot book or plan my vacations more than 3 months in advance due to the requirements of my work and even 3 months in advance is not always possible. Request for a refund/ cancellation was sent on 3 June 2015 and again on 6 June 2015 (less than 1 month from the date the documents were signed). Told that a refund was not possible.

Re
Nov 22, 2015

More Anantara Vacation Club Complaints & Reviews

Comments

4th of Mar, 2016

Dear Reviewer45744, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. Our team is looking into your case right now. In order to facilitate the process and to provide better service, we ask that you send an email to feedback@anantaraclub.com with your Club Owner number and contact details. Thank you for your kind patience and please let us know via email if we can help you in any other way.

• Ge
      25th of Nov, 2017

Hi, How to cancel Anantara vacation club membership.
    When we were on holiday (Phuket) one of the sales rep in the Jungceylon shopping centre adk us to visit one of their hotel opening. Just to drop in they will pick you up and drop you and free two tickets to one of their Fantasia show.
    Next day we haven't had anything in the morning...so we decided to go. To be honest very good sales person approach us the holiday hotel package. And when we thinking take it or not they said sign the contract today and pay (US$2800 something) down payment and then the rest we can pay as a instalment.
    At that time everything was good we paid and sign the contract.
    This is how they made us to sign the contract.Sales person gone thru everything and then quality assurance person read the points in contract same as sales person mentioned and ask us to sign. We ofcourse...signed trusting their words.They never mentioned or never read in contract points about cancellation.
    Once we go home after holidays, we decided thats package is not the right one and why we pay so much money for upcoming vacations for 40 odd years?
    Then I took the contract and start reading how to cancel. In contract it is mentioning, if we want to cancel within 5days of signing the contract we can do so. Then the last day(5 th bussiness day) I sent an e mail saying we want to cancel. Didn't get get a reply for that and after another 5days sending me a msg saying you can cancel but you don't get the refund cz we haven't contract them within 5 days.
    Can someone help me regarding this and need to get my refund.
    I live in Australia.
    Anjalee

26th of Feb, 2018

@Geethanjalee Ganegoda i can help you... Please contact me via http://www.exitvacationclub.com or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/exitvacationclub/

I can help you.

2nd of Dec, 2018

@Geethanjalee Ganegoda Have you been able to cancel? If not contact me at info@exitvacationclub.com and I will assist.

26th of Nov, 2017

Dear Anjalee,

We've acknowledged your situation, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. In order for us to look into this for you, could you kindly send us your owner ID, name, and contact info to feedback@anantaraclub.com, so we can assist you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Anantara Vacation Club

• Po
      8th of Sep, 2018

@anantaraclub Hi. So are we able to cancel within 5 days from signup? Please advise. Tq

• Je
      17th of Jul, 2018

I am into the similar situation where i wanted to cancel my membership. We found out so many hidden points that were not explained earlier. We were told that points can be accumulated and used anytime we want but i was so surprised to get an email about the points expiry. Another thing was Interval Travel which was never mentioned as well. We would have to pay extra for each stay made through interval travel. This was also not explained.

One of the flaws i can see in the contract is "We can cancel this application within 5 days" but nowhere it mentions that we cannot cancel the membership.

• Po
      8th of Sep, 2018

@Jeevan Mainali Hi can share with me how u cancel? I just signed up but having so much doubts. Pls assist. Tq

2nd of Dec, 2018

@Poison Ivy Eric Have you been able to cancel @Jeevan Mainali?

18th of Jul, 2018

Jeevan Mainali, I've just sent you an email...
    www.exitvacationclub.com

• Da
      25th of Aug, 2018

I'm in the process of trying to cancel my membership... I don't uinderstand why it's such a pain in the A$$

2nd of Dec, 2018

@David A. Morris Have you been able to cancel David, if not drop me a note and i'll see if I can assist. info@exitvacationclub.com

• Me
      3rd of Sep, 2018

Messaged you David, happy to assist

www.exitvacationclub.com
    info@exitvacationclub.com

• Ay
      17th of Sep, 2018

Same problem I have with anantara vocational club I was being mislead by the soo called presentation while I was on Holiday in Phuket Thailand with my wife. I bought the jade programme which till date I have not been able to utilize u have 20000 points I tried several time to book the hotel around my region but that isn’t always available..so why get clients to pay way in advance for a service you cannot give!!! Im still paying for this and to be honest I don’t want anything to do with it anymore. The company offers no help what so ever to refund or help sell off the package at this point I would just like to count my losses and move on lessons learnt...

1st of Dec, 2018

@Ayeni Anthony Hi ayeni Anthony. I am in the same situation. My husband lost his job and now we're going off of my income. We can't have any this over our heads when we are trying to survive in the bay area. I am in the process of trying to cancel the contract but no one is really helping. The only option they gave us was Deferment. Deferment is not an option for us bc we don't know what will happen in the next few years. Did you lose your deposit or what actions did they take on you? I really need some advice...

2nd of Dec, 2018

@Ayeni Anthony Please stop your payments via your bank, and contact me on info@exitvacationclub.com and I will advise how I can assist you

• Je
      13th of Oct, 2018

This Anantara resort is nothing but scam please please people don’t get it. We just lost money. So angry they don’t know how much you have to work to get money and they just don’t care. SCAM SCAM SCAM!

2nd of Dec, 2018

@Jessiepeguero If you need help cancelling please contact me on info@exitvacationclub.com

• Pu
      23rd of Oct, 2018

Same problem. We found so many hidden points after coming back from Thai vacation where this was marketed.
    The presenter was very good but they are trained to speak half truth, I guess part of their job description.
    Main issues for us:
    - Jade membership has extremely limited resorts available to book.
    - Interval membership resorts: we were told it would be a exchange fee of $18 but in fact it is $108 to $128 !! That is my hotel cost for 1 night so why would i pay them for a short stay?!
    - Hilton group was mentioned very proudly by them and that was main selling point for me but it does not allow access to most Hilton hotels, only few of them!
    We realise all this many days later because you start working straight after vacation and checking out the membership gets last priority in busy life.

If I don't get refund, I will take more serious steps and take to all- Twitter, FB, WhatsApp.

1st of Dec, 2018

@Pukumu Have you followed on what actions they can do to you, since it's a different company. Bc my husband and I are going through the same crap.

2nd of Dec, 2018

@Pukumu contact me on info@exitvacationclub.com and I will assist you.

• Ad
      22nd of Nov, 2018

AVC is a biggggg Scammm!!! Please don’t do it. I don’t know how they are allowed to continue scamming innocent people like they did to us. Legal action needs to be taken. Shouldn’t this be illegal.They take advantage of the excitement people on vacation are feeling and sell you lies of a dream yearly vacation. Liess! Don’t even fall for it. It’s almost impossible to cancel it. We spent over one year trying to cancel the membership. We eventually got frustrated, accepted we lost huge amount of money and cancelled our credit card. Yes we canceled it.

@Adefunke Hi adefunke,

2nd of Dec, 2018

@Beeek I can help you. Firstly, stop your monthly instalments. Secondly do not mention financial hardship again. Thirdly contact me on info@exitvacationclub.com and i will help you. https://web.facebook.com/Vacation-Club-Exit-Team-1701769703275829/?modal=admin_todo_tour

2nd of Dec, 2018

@Adefunke Adefunke, did you receive a refund of any sort. If not contact me on info@exitvacationclub.com and i will see if I can assist you.