amwest lending services / advance fee loans?

1 3267 Highway #7Thornhill, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I was contacted stating I was approved for a loan.(Doubful) I researched BBB and learned this is a sub/company of Cloverfield lending. They have Chicago address which may or not be legitimate. The BBB states that this company is an Advance Fee Loan which is both illegal in USA and Canada. They ask for money up front for a loan at a ridiculous low rate in order to secure the loan.

Comments

• Am
      5th of Feb, 2009

We are not associated with Clover lending. We have never heard of them and are not our associates.

• Am
      5th of Feb, 2009

We are not affiliated with clover lending. We are based out of Ontario with no affiliation with any American companies. We are not an advance fee broker.
    Please contact us at 1888-439-1113 for any questions or concerns about this comment.

• Da
      7th of Feb, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me. I contacted them with a request for a return for all monies paid and got lies and false promises. I am currently seeking legal services and will pursue to the letter of the law. There phone # at Amwest is 888-493-1113 . Steer clear if you value your money.

7th of Feb, 2009

Dale...

Was the money sent for the first 4 months of payments for the loan??

Did they just not send you the money? I was considering sending a payment next week.

• St
      17th of Feb, 2009

I have receive a loan from Amwest Lending.
    I just had to see what the complaints were about. I made a 4 mth deposit because of my credit history and i received the loan within the stated time. I receive my $10 000 in 24 hours.
    That was in November. I also did not make any monthly payments for the first three months so far. My next payment should be due next month.

Thought i just give credit where credit is due.

Thanks
    Stephen Berg

• Su
      24th of Feb, 2009

i tried to get a loan from this company i western unioned my monies it was in the amount of 1032.00 to ontario canada to a fitzroy bowen and i havent recieved my money i am not able to get in contact with jason martin the guy who is supposedly getting me the loan and also the guy told me 12hrs and then i called him back and then he told me the transaction was processed late so now its been almost 7 days and still no money and still no contact with jason martin so my advice to anyone trying to get a loan here do not work with this company "FRAUD"

• Er
      24th of Feb, 2009

My daughter too went thru this company..jason martin wanted 958.00 then she sent it out (my money) and then he wanted another 958.00 saying there was aproblem, so we did then he wanted another amount the same when she got the laon so we canceled...I have all emails of him telling us when and how we would get our money back...been 17 days.he wont answer phone and just hung up on me. Now what? The money we did have to hire a lawyer he now has. Think of how many people he has done this to...

24th of Feb, 2009

Jason Martin does not return any emails or calls. I started to get this loan on 1/26/09 and still havent. I still have never gotten my money reimbursed to me either. I wanted to pay bills off and I gave him my whole savings to get this loan going and it has been nothing but stress and agony to get the money. It was to be deposited into my account and last I knew it was to be mailed but now Jason doesn't answer. The number was 1888-493-1113 Ext.4 and his email was jasonamwest@gmail.com. Here I thought it was the answer to my prayers but really it has just brought more stress into my life.

24th of Feb, 2009

anyone got any ideas how to recoup the money lost that jason martin has stolen from all of us?

24th of Feb, 2009

Find him and beat it out of him. Obviously they are taken from innocent people looking to pay their bills and giving him money that they barely have.

24th of Feb, 2009

It looks like there is a Fitzroy and Bowen in Canada so it is therefore probably put together as something false

25th of Feb, 2009

Id like to know where everyone is from...as far as canada or the united states as far as who jason martin has taken money from... we are in iowa...

25th of Feb, 2009

if everyone looks at the complaints above...all who have complaints are from the usa...the only positive one is from canada...thats fishy

• Mi
      28th of Feb, 2009

I am considering getting a loam with Am West Lending and was trying to find out if it was legitmate, it seems too good to be true-getting a $10, 000 loan with bad credit. Any ideas where I can get more info on them?

2nd of Mar, 2009

Michel
    I have a claim filed with the Better Business Bureau. They do not have anything good to say about them. They say it is illegal to put money down and if you look at the blogs above we have all been victims from them. They owe me 2046 dollars back and now they have me blocked from their website and emails and will not answer any phone calls. It is way to good to be true. I thought it was great and they just scammed money out of me and now I am in debt even more. Jason Martin never called back and for them to block me from the website and their emails I know I will never see that money

4th of Mar, 2009

Everyone on here that has been ripped off should go to https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx to file a complaint

• Ro
      9th of Mar, 2009

Jason Martin and Kelly Meyers doulbled teamed me and got me for $3935.96. I checked them out on the website and thought they were legitimate. Here is what I filed today at Https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx. It's long but thorough.

On 26 January 2009, I was notified via email by Jason Martin I was approved by a loan that I had applied for with AmWest Lending Service. I wanted the loan to repay some debts and start my real estate business. I reviewed the webpage of http://www.amwestlendingservices.com and I thought it was legitimate; it was a lending service that catered to people with financial issues like me. On 29 January 2009 he sent me an email with loan documents that I filled out and returned to him on that day. The loan was for $10, 000 at 7.5% interest. I had questions about the paperwork and called him at 888.493.1113, ext 4. Jason told me I had to provide collateral for the loan and was given 3 choices – 1. I was told I either needed to have a co-signer with a 730 credit score that had an income of 60, 000, 2. Provide car title, or 3. Pay an insurance deposit. I opted for #3 because I wanted to do this on my own. My Dad has helped me out a lot & I did not want to ask him to cosign. I was required to send a $958.32 insurance deposit (3 months of loan payment). On 2 February 2009, I sent him the $952.32 at 1009 AM EST. Jason said I would receive the loan via wire transfer later that day. I did not receive the wire transfer and when I spoke with Jason the next day he said that there was something wrong with my income and that when he spoke to the lender that I needed 1 year's worth of loan payments for my insurance deposit and I that I had to send another $952.32 and that the same amount would be taken out of my loan amount. On 4 February 2009, I sent another $952.32 at 915 AM EST and was told that I would receive the wire transfer that day. I did not receive the transfer, On 6 February, Jason said I would not receive the transfer because the loan officer that agreed to take the last payment out of the loan amount was on vacation and the new loan officer he was dealing with required another $952.32 insurance deposit. So, on 9 February 2009 at 914 AM EST I sent $952.32 and was told by Jason that I would receive the wire transfer that day. I thought it strange that I had to provide $2874.96, over 25% for a $10, 000 loan. On 10 February 2009 at 1005 AM EST I sent Jason an email telling him I was still waiting for my transfer. He replied at 216 PM EST, "transfer should be available at 4:30. I am in a meeting and I should be out shortly. Your bank requires 24 hours." I did not receive the transfer. I was unable to contact him for the next 2 days after sending numerous emails and leaving numerous voicemail.
    On Thursday, 12 February, I talked with Kelly Meyers (an associate of Jason, telephone # 888.493.1113 ext 2) and explained the situation. She said that there were mistakes made on my loan, and that the insurance deposit was too high for a $10, 000 loan and that my loan was for $16, 000 and it required another $750 insurance deposit. Since I had no more money to send and I did not request a $16, 000 loan, I asked Kelly how come the loan amount couldn't be adjusted for the amount of collateral AmWest already had. The next day, I spoke with her again. She told me that the amount could NOT be adjusted and that the loan check was already cut she said in order to receive my loan I had to send the $750. So, on 13 February 2009, per Kelly Meyers instructions, I sent another $750 at 319 PM EST, making the total insurance deposit $3, 624 for a $16, 000 at 7.5%. She sent me an email at 5:15 PM saying the wire transfer should occur within 4-6 hours. I did not receive the transfer.
    I called her and emailed her numerous times, finally talking to her on Friday, 20 February 2009 about 10:15. She said she had been out at a conference and asked why I hadn’t talked with Jason or the receptionist. I told her I could only get Jason’s answering machine and that I did not have the receptionist telephone number. She told me email my bank account information and to call back around 12 noon. I sent her the email and called about noon but only got voice mail.
    Finally, on 25 February 2009, I received an email from Jason saying “We will send your refund out. Refund should be available in 5 business days at your address. There been a big misunderstand regarding this account and we will not have you send any more funds. The problem with the account is that you have not covered your processing fee payment. That is the exchange rate from Canadian currency to USD funds. The total is $725.00.” I emailed him and asked him “1.What is the amount of my refund? 2. Since I have been unconvinced by AmWest and have been in financial distress for 2 weeks, why can't you send my refund via Western Union today?” Jason replied, “I will see what I can do. Your refund is $3648.00.” I emailed him back and reminded him that to include the reimbursable 4 western Union service charges of $287.96, bringing the total to 3935.96
    To date, 9 March 2009, I have not received my refund. I have left numerous voice mails and emails to Jason Martin and Kelly Meyers and neither one has returned my calls or emails. Additionally, since 25 February 2009, I have sent 19 emails to the website address for Amwest Lending Services to info@amwestlendingservices.com and all of the emails were returned undeliverable. Today I tried to go to their webpage but received an error message. I telephoned Jason today. He answered, asked who was calling and when I told him my name he hung up on me.

• Ha
      11th of Mar, 2009

rooked... he did the same to us...so far had the two pymts...this is the exact same thing we did and got...including an error page and returned emails...Jason has got to be stopped...are you in the usa? Please keep us updated...everyone needs to file charges on him...I am thinking of just going there and meeting him face to face!!! To rip off people like this is horrible...should check with dateline...they like investigation people like this!

11th of Mar, 2009

Rooked that is terrible and I am going through the same thing. I had my mom help with the down payment and now on top of the bills I was gonna pay off I know owe my mom too.

• Pi
      7th of Apr, 2009

WOW, the exact same thing happend to me and now I am trying to get my monies back from Becky Sworts. this is crazy, how can they get away with this. Stealing from the poor. there should be some way we can get them, and get our money back as well.