Amway/Quickstar / Cheating people

1 Des Plaines, IL, United States Review updated:

On weekend while we went shopping, my husband and I met this person by name Ram Yellamanchi. He started a conversation with us with regards to a product we were looking at buying in the store. He inquired about my husband's nature of job and later phoned us that next day trying to inquire if my husband can spend few hours after his work for his company. We asked him if it was network marketing like Amway, he said he didn't even know what network marketing is and mentioned it was not Amway.

We asked him about his companies website and nature of job and told him if we find it interesting, we might think of it. That next day he phoned us a dozen times asking us to attend a seminar his senior team lead was giving. It was at sheraton. We asked this guy a million times about the nature of the job and stuff, he told us that his companies website is yellamanchalis.com.

When we phoned the hotel to find out what exactly the seminar was all about, we were told it was an e-commerce seminar.

Later when we went in there, we were taken by surprise to see that it was indeed Amway. It was such a waste of time and the most disgusting part is that the guy lied to get us to that seminar.

I have friends who work for Amoco and we order stuff through them and we liked the products too. Sadly because of people like Ram, the company loses its reputation.

It was a mere waste of time.

Sh

Comments

• As
      10th of Sep, 2008

This happened to me too. The guys always lie to get you to this seminar.

• Th
      2nd of Jul, 2009

This was totally true because it happened to us and we are so sad! I was a member in Amway, and then I cancelled my account due to their false talk! They’re really, really BIG CHEATERS as everyone commented. We have truly suffered, but thanks to God that I’ve cancelled everything. I can’t deny that they have some good projects, but very rare! Amway’s projects are so expensive, even if you just register, so it cost a lot!!!
    The problem is that their project doesn’t renews, it just stays the same thing.
    I agree 100% with those who complains on Amway cause I have tried it very well. I couldn’t even sell the projects I booked to my friends because it way so expensive. It has a same problem in Sweden because my friend lives their and she explained the same problem to me(she was also a member in Amway).
    I’m now registered in a company that has satisfied me too much, actually and it is Oriflame. I hope someone of you can know more about it because it’s 100% Swedish naturally and safety projects.
    It’s not a joke, because I’ve tried Oriflame and wish to proclaim it to every one of you.
    I’ve a lot of things to explain about Amway, but maybe later.

Thanks in advance

26th of Jul, 2009

Totally agree with both comments above. Quixtar/Amway is scam. Pyramid Schemes never work! If selling products is only on the internet then anyone can create their own website and sell whatever they like. (Since if it is all about E-commerce).

These representatives are all liars, and my theory is to earn something, you must work hard for it. If businesses like Quixtar can help someone to make money then everyone in the world will be doing this.

My family, friends and I have suffered a lot due to this business. I was approached by a family friend (Neelofar and her gang in Jersey City) and was involved with this business for 6 months. The people who we were involved with were liars and illiterate. Their demand would be not to discuss business plan with anyone without their permission and not to talk to cross-lines. And even if we spoke with someone then they would make a huge deal out of it. Later on we had a huge argument with the diamond and other people in that group to explain what waste of time this thing is.
    To Quixtar reps, education/job was not important and neither had they valued it in their speeches.
    Now, what job /business in the world de-value education and job?
    Morals are something; these people do not have morals.
    Anyhow, I can go on and on but will say one thing, please stay away from these people.

26th of Jul, 2009

BTW, they want you to go to the seminar because speaker makes money out of it!

• Ju
      23rd of Sep, 2009

Amway is great for amway and bad for the [honest] IB'Owners' (and their friends).

• Ri
      9th of Aug, 2010

Yes, I do agree that Amway is cheap. It will make you to sell the product to your own mother/Wife. These people are such bigtime losers who will waste your 2 hours!!!.

One of my best friend called me one day stating that he would like to take suggestion from me about the business as I have the knowledge about the business world. As I know the biz world, I agreed to spent two hour with my friend.

There he is, explaining me for hours to join Amway. I told him arre baba, mei to insaan hum... sub logo ko idar jeena hei... mei kushi hun aur mei kushi rahna chaahta hu...

I told him that he lied me. Even to sell this, you'll lie to your mother. Chain marketing ( hidden in case of amway ) will make you cheaper than a street seller.

In order to get people under your tree, you'll even convince your wife, mother, daddy, brother and everyone. Believe me people hate this. I don't want my relatives hate my...

Beware!!! This may not be fake. But your reputation in the community goes down. People think that this guy is cheaper than a street seller. Go for a franchisee or some other way to do a genuine business. Don't make your own people hate you!!!.

People hate door sellers. Don't get in to Amway. My friend is in amway for 9 years. He's still nothing. He told me much about this [censor]!!!