Amtraktrain delayed

I had a reservation # 33CA27. Train #0066. Fredericksburg VA to Washington D.C. on May 18th 2018.
Arrival time was to be at 7:57 pm. I parked my car in the VRE free parking lot next to a busy Irish Pub.
I headed to the train platform around 7pm. Once on the train platform, I noticed an alert from#1 Amtrak @ 6:56pm that train 0066 delayed est arrival now 8:56pm. The message added to pleas arrive 30 minutes prior to board train. Well I waited on the platform.
#2 Train 0066, delayed est arrival 9:06pm, arrive 30 minutes prior to departure
#3 Train 0066, delayed est arrival 9:35pm, arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
#4 Train 0066, delayed est arrival 10:05pm, arrive 30minutes prior to departure.
#5 Train 0066, delayed est arrival 10:35pm, arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
#6 Train 0066, delayed est arrival 11:05pm, arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
#7 Train 0066, delayed est arrival 11:35pm, arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
#8 Train 0066, delayed est arrival 12:05am, arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
#9 Train 0066, delayed est arrival 12:35am, arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
#10 Train 0066, delayed est arrival 1:05 am ""
#11 Train 0066, delayed est arrival 1:21am "'
I found out that a tree fall in a nearby city and work was needed to remove.
However, I still received Amtrak Alerts
#12 Train 0066, delayed est arrival 1:32am, arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
At this point, I returned to my car and waited. I made a few calls to nearby friends who suggested I call police if I felt scared.
I made several trips from my car to the Fredericksburg train platform with my luggage in the RAIN. At this point, I was the only passenger boarding train # 0066.
The local bar had closed, leaving the area where I parked dark and desolate. As fear sat in, I called the non emergency city police dept.
#13 Train 0066, delayed est 1:56am, arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
#14 Train 0066, delayed, est 2:21am" "
#15 Train 0066 delayed, est 2:36am," "
#16 Train 0066 delayed, est 3:16am
Police arrived and requested I move my vehicle to a available parking area nearest the Amtrak platform. I moved my car where the office suggested. Upon my return from out of town, I was welcomed with a $25 parking ticket (parking in a permitted area without a permit!
Train 0066 arrived at 3:45am

My request is to be compensated for train delay and to request that Amtrak info customers a realistic time frame for delays and not string us along. I was going to DC and did not want to travel in the inclement weather, I understand that mother nature had a major part in the delay. Tell me that it will take over 5 hrs and I'd make other arrangements.
Amtrak left me confused, exhausted, weak and scared

Your assistance in this matter will be mostly appreciated.

Desyree Hooper