AMSVehicleSales.com Answers / [protected]

1 VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-326-0949

With so many untrustworthy businesses operating online, we at Auto Marketing Systems want you to know that there are clear, free, and easy ways of knowing who you can trust. One of those ways is by knowing that when you call a business line, someone answers. Another is by knowing that when you email, someone replies. As I have mentioned on message boards elsewhere, I am here to answer any questions you may have about trying our service. We would just like this to be yet another venue where we can answer questions that you take the time to submit that might also be on the minds of other consumers.

Sincerely,
Paul Russell
Auto Marketing Systems | [protected]

Comments

• Mi
      12th of Jun, 2009

Business Contact & ProfileBack to Top Business Name: Longwood Industries, Inc.
    Auto Marketing Systems
    Business Address: 1617 Longwood Ave.
    Bedford, VA 24523
    Type of Business: INTERNET MARKETING SERVICES
    EMBROIDERY
    SCREEN PRINTING
    Website Address: http://www.longwoodinc.com

Products & ServicesBack to Top Longwood Industries is a 501(c)3 charity that does not solicit for donations; therefore, they have not been evaluated in relation to the BBB charity standards.

Through an agreement with Adventis, Inc. d/b/a The Big Lot, Longwood Industries offers automobile Internet-Web Advertising. Consumers report that after placing an ad in a newspaper to sell an automobile, they are contacted by Longwood Industries to place a similar ad on the internet for $195.

Business ManagementBack to Top Ms. Renee Fisher, Director

Customer Complaint History Back to Top
    When considering complaint information, please take into account the business's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 131 complaint(s) about this business in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 131 complaint(s) closed in the last 36 months, 56 were closed in the last 12 months.

These complaints concerned:

1 regarding Service Issues

• Il
      24th of Aug, 2009

Dear Paul Russell,

I am extremely, extremely dissatisfied with your business tactics, and the scam company that you seem to be working with. I was told on the phone multiple times by sweet talking Sheila that I would be having buyers be calling me instantly after I posted pictures. Well it has been two weeks, and I have yet to recieve one called. I made her guarntee that I would have potiental buyers atleast calling me about my car. I chose to go the $99 dollar route, and of course I felt nervous doing this, but i needed my car sold quickly, so I figured hey lets give it a shot. Well two weeks go buy, and not 1 call. Not even one whatsoever. I told her I needed my car sold quickly, and she pretty much force fed me ### until I bit it. I decided to put my car on craigslist again, which you guys used to illegally contact me by the way. I have gotten multiple contacts from that site. Anyways all I want is a damn refund, because you guys failed to do your job completely. My ID # is 506606, please contact me if you do say that your business is so trustworthy. Frankly, I disagree completely, of course you probably get complaints like me on a hourly basis, so I am sure I will never be contacted back. Also I will add that just because you have customer service, and nice representitives, that doesnt mean jack squat when your actual business is still a scam. Gosh literally I paid you $99 for nothing, literally not one call, and dont even try to tell me what the cs rep said, that its not your fault people didnt call because before I handed over the money, your sales lady Sheila only guranteed me like ten times that I would recieve PHONE CALLS!!! Im passed angry with this distasteful company, and I will be making a CC dispute, I WILL be calling BBB, and I will be contacting state authorities on your illegal means of using craigslist to contact me. It is illegal, and I do not know why I feel for this scam. All I can say is, do whats right, give me a call, which I am sure I will never recieve.

• Do
      21st of Sep, 2009

Company is calling Craigslist ads, which state:
    it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests and leaving generic messages about "selling your vehicle." They don't even address which vehicle you might have for sale. They claim to be able to help me sell my 1965 Honda parts bike for who knows what fees. I doubt that they even know what it is or where it could be marketed.
    I am on the DO NOT CALL list, as well and they are burning up my cell phone minutes leaving inane messages that I don't want to hear. STOP THEM NOW!

• Ni
      9th of Nov, 2009

The phone numbers listed on an advertised vehical is for the people that are interested in buying that vehical. They are not suppose to be used for a company to advertise their buisness. This is wrong, and it should be stopped!

• Mi
      13th of Nov, 2009

Hi my name is leslie, i have had the wost expirence with this company and is like also like a bad dream, everyday i wake up so mad at this situation and i vow to push this as high as this can go and my aim is to sink these people by speading the truth to the public so that nonone else is subjected to this scam...

I posted my add for my infiniti cause i was stressed and wanted to just start over in life and i was willing to sell my car so that i can speand more time with my family. Winter was on its way in and i desided to post an ad on the auto trader website by posting this ad i recieve couple emails from people and in a 3 day span constant i had been recieving repeated calls from an unknown number being i was at work i never got the call well now to think of it one time i did pick up and i was saying hello hello and none replied but they never hung up. Anyway i checked my messages and the message went something like this ... " hi my name is BRAD i have been trying to contact you but was alway unable to catch you so i desided to leave a message you can call me at 1866-..." (what ever the number was).. ok being cruious i was like ok i am a give the number a call and see what its about.. so i called and i got a rep and i asked to speak to brad she stated brad was on a call and she can assist me so i spoke to her ( talking to these people have you feel so uneasy i should have went with my gut) i asked alot of questions because i dont just give my card to anyone so she told me about a package that you dont get a refund on and then she told me about the refund one leaving out that you had had to get a notorized receipt but she did say that if you stay the 90 days with the ad that you a have a refund and they keep the 29 for processing fees. I also asked her if well i sell my car before the 90 days if i can have my money back and she stated that yes they will refund me right away ( because we all well know if she stated that i had to still wait 90 days and they aint doing nothing for me why would i have them hold my money ) anyway she said yes you will have the money refunded right away( which was a HUGE LIE!!!), ok i went away for the weekend cause i did this friday and on the tuesday i called back to cancel she then told me that i have to fill out this form and send it back in and i have to wait 90 days to do so...I asked why do i have to wait that time when the ad is cancelled and you all are not doing anything for me further more my car is nolonger for sale i told her i want conformation of the cancellation and she sent me to personal email i was like what is this? this is a personal email i want a company letter head stating that i was cancelling she refused to send me that and instead sent me an emial of the terms and conditions.. this have been exactally a week and since i started with them and i have not gotten the reciept in the mail or anything, when you call in they all excited and bubbly when she pulled up my account she got all angry, bitter, unprofessional so i allowed her to speak to her self and the dial tone... AMERICA AND CANADA ALERT!!! DO NOT AND I MEAN DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE ...TOTAL SCAM!!!

16th of Mar, 2010

The same thing happend to me today how stupid could i have been.

16th of Mar, 2010

Hey Folks i was had today too of corse brad contacted me when i called i was given the SOS that they fed everyone else. I called back immediately about 15mins they said we caint refund the payment for 149.oo it has already been posted i called my bank and it had not but a long story short the 149.00 IS GONE OUT THE WINDOW. I dont expect them to do 1 dam thing. I wish i knew who to complain to. People dont do it check out or Google it first. sincerly LOST MONEY.

• Fa
      8th of Jul, 2010

How do you and Renee sleep at night? You are what is wrong with the world.

• Tr
      15th of Jul, 2010

Wow, that looks like a post from Adventis’ lawyer – such strong language from an attorney that is knowingly lying for its clients. Should the Virginia Bar Association be notified and sent these knowingly false statements and threats?

The fact they, Adventis, claims they purchase these lists from “financial institutions” and “lead brokers” is actually quite funny. There are not companies that exist for this purpose unless it is another entity created by Adventis to help perpetuate their lie. By purchase lists you mean they have programs that go out to Craigslist, Autotrader and newspaper sites to extract telephone numbers? You mean “lead brokers” in that you used to subscribe to newspapers from all across the country, cut up the classifieds and feed them into a scanning machine to extract telephone numbers? If that’s what you mean you need to be clear.

Truth: Adventis used to perform all telemarketing and ad placement services. Their current arrangement with Longwood is purely a [censored]edil;ade to “appear” that the operations have been separated.
    Truth: Adventis uses automated calling machines to place ALL its outbound telemarketing services
    Truth: Adventis constantly changes the name on the outgoing message to track results of the new message
    Truth: Adventis plays with the price and refund policy to see which performs better.
    Truth: If you complain enough and threaten a charge back Adventis will simply refund the money to keep their charge back percentage low (they risk loosing their merchant processing)
    Truth: Adventis keeps your number until they can leave a message (up to 3-5 times)
    Truth:
    Truth: Adventis used to have a refund request rate (% of all customers who ended up requesting a refund) of over 60-80%
    Truth: Adventis shut down operations and fired all their employees, including me, because they thought they could not comply with the new Do Not Call policy that was coming out.

It wasn’t until Adventis created this “relationship” with Longwood Industries that they felt they could hold out the argument that they were then calling on behalf of “Longwood Industries” so that they would be exempt form the DNC (because of their non-profit status).

Ironically enough, another owner of Adventis, Chris Coleman (who is from Bedford, VA, used to work for Longwood and is friends with Renee Fisher of Longwood) helped create this relationship with Longwood. This relationship wasn’t created out of the blue, and Longwood industries is Adventis’ only “client”. If Adventis was a call center for say 10-100 other clients it might make sense, but that’s not the case.

So Adventis does the calling on behalf of Longwood, pays Longwood a small fee per ad but Adventis created the entire process and developed all the systems to create this business.
    Does Longwood know anything about the used car business? Does Longwood have any full time developers?Did Longwood think of the idea? Did Longwood create your dialing software? Did Longwood create spiders to extract telephone numbers from the Internet and print classifieds? Do Longwood employees maintain these programs? Just because you may have physically moved a piece of equipment does not mean that the business model has changed – rather simply the address of a piece of software.

Interesing fact that Longwood has been able to keep its non-profit status - but what about the FTC and FCC. Have they ruled on this business practice? Is Adventis/Longwood violationing the Do Not Call list, TCPA and other state and federal laws? You claim you are exempt, but has it been ruled on? I do know that Adventis has been cited in the past for their business practices, and if enough people complain about this continued abuse of a relationship that has yet to be examined closely, I am sure Adventis would not be posturing as loudly.

Further, I am far from afraid of “civil charges” – you can’t be held libelous for expressing an opinion, especially one that contains 100% facts. The intent of my previous post was in fact not to damage the reputation of Messrs Cass, rather pull the curtain back on The Wizard and let people really know what is going on.

All day long people complain on these posts, they do know who/why they are being called, they are getting the run around on refunds, they are literally being lied to (“we have a buyer for you”) and we are told to lie to customers (“I’m sorry, Brad isn’t in but I can help you”).

That being said, however, your statement that “…assertion that the owners of Adventis, Inc. make any desicions or have any influence in the business dealings of Longwood Industries is 100% false” is just another example of their arrogance.

I will be posting documents and proof in these forums, and all online forums, daily until the owners of Adventis come clean and publicly tell the truth. I will also post them on a website for the public to view and link to them on all these forums.

For years I know Adventis has been scared that a former employee may one day share the truth with the public – you are now at that critical juncture. Tell the truth or I will.

• Ea
      6th of Oct, 2010

It took AMS a couple of hours to charge my credit card and now they say it will take about a month and a half to credit my refund. For 90 days I got NO calls, emails, or contact of any kind after listing my Harley at a discount price.

• Lo
      3rd of Jan, 2011

I sincerely hope there is someone out there with legal knowlege to stop this scam and get refunds for all of us that are not going to get a refund back, but have an ad on Amsvehicle sales until the vehicle sells. My vehicle is an 1984 Dodge camper. I had advertised on craigslist. My husband has stage four cancer, they should be ashamed of scamming people.

• Se
      7th of Jun, 2011

I too was contacted from a Craigslist vehicle that I had posted with the box marked NOT to be contacted with services or commercial interest. Hence, no solicitation to my way of thinking. They, according to the person I spoke with "Patty" are in good standing with the BBB, I asked her about this as I was reading about the Co. while chatting with her and she said ...you know how it goes we forgot to pay our dues so they don't recognize us but that has already been taken care of. Also asked her about all the complaints that I read online as there are a ton of blogs regarding this company, she said that was in the past and were all taken care of as far as she understood. Guess they do what that please, hoping someone will keep sending in the money to pay for the attorney they need, or perhaps they think that since they're in Va. that no one will go to the trouble to go after them as a company. Sounds like someone needs to file a class action suit against them, not me as they will never receive a dime of my money from me. Just another scam but this is just my opinion, and you all know what they say about opinions. Thanks for reading!

• Ri
      19th of Oct, 2011

I was called from AMS because someone saw my ad selling my car on craigslist. they signed me up and said that they had 11 buyers. IT WAS A LIE! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I sold my car on my own.
    This company lies and takes your money! Save the time and money, sell your car yourself. Barbara

• Ri
      19th of Oct, 2011

AMS Vehicle sales rips you off! save the time and your money DONT USE THIS COMPANY!

20th of Dec, 2011

AMS does not return calls, does not honor it's return/refund policy and it's complaints dept. email address is so full it can't receive any more emails - my advice is to avoid them at all cost - in my experience they are not at all trustworthy. I'm still waiting on a refund after 6 months and countless phone calls - they've never return one call, despite "Laura's" claim to return calls within one hour... yeah right "Laura" ... give it a try yourself 1 866 326 0809 ex 138, don't worry they pay for the call so go ahead callas often as you like and leave questions... "Laura" just doesn't call back.

• Na
      31st of Oct, 2012

Shame on you ...AUTOMARKETING
    Customers service- they definitely don 't know the meaning of customer service.
    The person that was presenting the company is giving the company very bad reputation, she hong up the phone on the customer with out giving opportunity to the customer to tell the opinion. This company doesn't deserve even to exist out there...

They should change the attitude of their workers
    change the strategy of advertising ... Making promises that they can't keep

• Jc
      28th of Jan, 2013

Same lies - beware of these forks.