Ampd Mobile / BEWARE! Scam artists!

I wished that I would have read these post before signing up for the Pay As You Go with Ampd. I have never seen a Back*** Business like this... They are a BUNCH OF LIARS, CROOKS & THIEVES!!! I read all of the threads about how damn great Ampd Mobile was... (WTF) I used the phone for 4 days... Sure coverage was great! BUT>>> On the fifth day, a message from Verizon Wireless stating "You have reached Verizon Wireless... Your call will now be transferred to an external operator where your call "should" be connected using a credit card, calling card or collect." (WTF) I had a $60.00 credit and last time I checked had $58.00 left! Called "Customer Service" on the same day... (That was a joke) "Customer Service Rep said they couldn't find me by using my phone number and that he needed my social security number... My "full" social security number. (WTF) I replied "You don't have my full social security number on pay as you go. He tried to give me this Bull**** story that he had over 3000 names with my same last name to look through and that they weren't in alphabetical order... BLAH BLAH BLAH! He finally found my account less my social... Because I wouldn't give it to him... Said my number had been changed (and I didn't change it.) with a balance of $0 ( and I didn't use it.)... Unfortunately, I can't credit your account (so he said). He said that I would have to contact Tech Support dialing the same number that I just did when I called him... He said press options 2 and then 4... I asked "Can't you transfer me?... No unfortunately I can't do that he said." (WTF) So I did call the same number [protected]. BTW I have it memorized! I was told the same thing " Unfortunately, I can't credit your account for the unused minutes that is a technical problem... and you will need to contact Tech Support." (WTF) I asked "I thought I had Tech Support!" No, I'm just Customer Care you will need to contact Tech Support. (WTF) Can you transfer me? Yes she says, then I was on hold for 1 1/2 hours the first time. I finally hung up because I was getting tired of waiting. I repeated this process until finally I get a message saying that it was after normal business hours. Now on Day Two, I try again on my quest for the non-existent Tech Support! Asked to speak to a supervisor... "Unfortunately, I can't transfer you until "I GET YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER"... (WTF) I got so pissed that I was in a rage... I went off! Eventually, I just hung up. I repeat the process over and over and over... ETC> Then I acquired a new number from a "Customer Care Rep." for Tech Support. Same SH*T different number. Only difference, I finally got to speak to an "Excellerated BLAH BLAH BlAH" (Supposed to be a Supervisor) With the same answer... Unfortunately, this is a Technical Support issue and you will have to speak to Tech Support... This has went on for over a week now. Customer Support lines have been down for a few days. And the CS link on the Ampd website doesn't work either. I was still unable to use my phone or add any airtime because the system didn't recognize my number. I have come to the conclusion that I have been ripped off! So, anyway I did file a complaint with LABBB and FCC... Not that it will do any good... Cause it's been 4 days and they haven't responded to that either! Why should they, Ampd Mobile is on it's way out! They are protected under chapter 11 bankruptcy. So we can all forget about the rebates (DON'T EXPECT THEM IN THE MAIL!) We are all SCREWED!!!

Comments

• Ge
      2nd of Mar, 2007
    Ampd Mobile - Terrible! Terrible company to deal with!

Bought a phone on their website, wanted to return since it was supposed to be a gift, was told to wait for return label (You have to spend 2 hrs just to talk with someone!) No label was shipped ever!!!!

After 45 days, was told to ship the phone back, follow-up after got the return receipt, said need 8 to 10 weeks for refund! And it's been 12 weeks and still no refund!

Stay away from this company, you'll thank yourself later!!!

• St
      18th of Apr, 2007

I have signed up in august of 2006 on my birthday. This is my first line of credit. I got three phones one for me and one each for my mom and dad. I have sent seven phones to replace all the problems that i have been having Ampd mobile said they would credit my account. I got seven phones sent to me from aug 2006 until dec 2006 something was always wrong or did not work my parents phones have never worked properly and but they don't know how do a lot of the functions. When I spoke to customer service they have show that they have credited my account $900.00 and that is all out of a $3K bill they sent me and it was the first bill I received was in Jan 2007. I don't understand how they can charge me full rates for phones that kept not working and even the phone that I have not is not doing everything that we are being charged for. Now for the first time the customer service manager told me to go to my local dealer and he can me further adjustments to my bill. I don't understand how they can charge you for all these different functions. They have given my number out to people selling something/anything so I get all these strange phone calls. They have no records of sending me these phones nor do they have records of all the credits they promised me. I don't know what to do this is my first credit purchase. How can I straighten this situation out. Please someone help me.

• La
      24th of Apr, 2007
    Ampd Mobile - Charged my account for services I did not - and now NEVER WILL - receive!

At the end of March, I began the process of subscribing to the Ampd mobile service. After nearly a week of processing time, I was denied - although the coverage map showed that service was available in my area, when Ampd reviewed my address, they discovered that my area was not, after all, within the range of service. Not a big deal - I will be moving soon and planned on simply delaying my subscription.

AFTER I was denied service, I found TWO charges on my bank statement for $32.40 each on 4/2/2007. Since that day, I have been in contact with the billing and technical departments attempting to get money refunded for a service that I was denied for. On three separate evenings of phone calls - totaling over 3 hours - and hearing a different version of the difficulty each time - I was told that I had three accounts initiated, two of which are now cancelled (this is the second time I have been informed of this, and I hope it's truer than the first), and one of which is pending, which they apparently can't do anything about. I asked repeatedly to speak with a supervisor, and was refused.

Damage Resulting

It has been nearly two weeks since Ampd charged me, and I was just informed that it will be anywhere from 10-30 ADDITIONAL days until my refund will be processed. Assuming that my refund was actually initiated this evening, which it apparently was not on the previous phone calls I had made. Ampd has essentially tied up my bank account for over $60, for services I did not - and now NEVER WILL - receive. I am extremely upset - they have wasted my money, and wasted my time in the several hours I spent on hold and speaking with customer service representatives. I am told that there is no way to get a hold of the refund department directly.

The only thing more disturbing than the waste of my time and resources is Ampd's apparent incompetence.

• Tr
      26th of Apr, 2007

A similar thing has happened to me. I discontinued my service on February 20, and ported my number to Alltell. It seems that all the calls I have made with alltell were charged to Ampd as well. Ive suffered the same experience as above regarding trying to get my money refunded as well as the 230 dollars worth of charges I was charged after I had canceled the service. They seem to be extremely hard to get a hold of. Definitely a fraudulent company.

• Ni
      7th of May, 2007
    Ampd Mobile - False Charges on Current Bill

Almost four month ago ampd mobile told me if i upgrade my plan that they will take money off my bill. Still i have not seen any adjustments on my bill. I feel like they want me to upgrade me phone so they can keep adding on to my bill.

• Lo
      3rd of Jul, 2007
    Ampd Mobile - Customer Service Extinct

My phone would no longer accept a charge 5 months after purchase. I tried to call customer service most of the time the 800 number was busy and when I finally get threw i was on hold 2.5 hours before i decided not to hold longer. Went to the store where i purchased unit they could not get in touch with cust service so i have i phone thats usless and acompany that can not be reached i even went to the website to send email but when I clicked on cust service it says page cannot be displayed just a heads up whatever you do do not do bussiness with ampd mobile or youll be sorry you did.

• Ds
      5th of Jul, 2007

I too have been sucked (by means of an offer for a free phone and 10 cents per minute) into a company who apparently has no care in the world for its clients. No phone support. No website support, no e-mail support. When the phone support was working all they gave me was grief. Lie upon lie, plenty of deceptions. It took 3 days to get the damn thing working. A buddy of mine went threw same situation. I should not have sent in the upc code from box as i could have a refund otherwise.

There are several e-mails on their website and i did e-mail them. Guess what? No replay and its been 2 weeks waiting on those as well. I was on the phone when they were supposed to open some weeks ago and it disconnected me and has busy 24/7 ever since. That means its not callers keeping it busy.

How do i sum up amp'd mobile? I think e-mail and phone calls to our attorney general (per state we live in), might help the fight us "GET AMP'D" um i mean "GET SCREWED" customers have with this supposed company.

I would like to know why they have a FCC or for that matter a STATE TAX LICENSE.

thanks,
    d. staford

5th of Jul, 2007

Before Amp'd launched I was scheduled to Beta test their product. The testing never came as the handsets were never delivered by the vendor. The concept though was cool marketing to the younger generation. Anyway, I received $200.00 in AmEx travelers' checks anyway as a thank you gift and an offer for three months of free unlimited service and a free Angel phone. As I know that Amp'd uses the Verizon Wireless network I chose to just with Verizon. It seems that Amp'd Mobile has lackluster customer service but also you only need a minimal credit score to qualify for a phone with any major company and Amp'd targets twins, etc. that do not have credit or people with no credit. I guess that people's expectations should be inline with how they have taken care of their finances and if they were irresponsible and need to go with a second tier company, like Amp'd or SST (purchased 170,000 Wamu credit card accounts) then that is the price of not being responsible consumers in life's affairs. Second and third tier company's that extend credit to higher risk applicants are doing the consumer a favor!!!

• Je
      6th of Jul, 2007

I have an ampd movile hbyrid end the bordom plan. I got my phone in February, just because of the rebate. But when i got my phone my dumb ### tore a piece off the shipping receipt and wrote a phone number on it to take with me and then i realized i could not get the rebate. No big. I got a kick ### phone with cool stuff on it with a no commit plan for 100 bucks. I am still happy. I have never had any problems with my service and living in a very small town this is the only company that i have been able to get service in my home area. But today i tried to reply to a text message and got a message on my phone that said that i did not have enough funds to send the text. Wow i have unlimited text messaging in my plan. I have my payments automated every month and a little extra to cover down loads. So i think maybe i got carried away on the games and went over, which i did when i first got it. So i try to acces my account on my phone so i can reload it to get thru til my next payment and it says cannot access your account at this time. No big just one bar of service. So i go to the site and try to make a one time reload. Get every thing ready to go and it says there is a problem at this time try again later. I do, same thing . I call customer service. I wait for about 10 min. And get a rep who asks the same thing they always do. Amped number, name, and last 4 digits of you ss number for verification purposes. She reads off my address and asks for my contact number, which i give to her. Then she asks me what my problem is. I tell her that i got a message about my funds and and she says that i need to call tech support for that. I ask her if its the same number and she says yes. Then she tells me that there have been a lot of calls about the same issues and that they are having serious call volumes over there. I thanked her and i think that may have surprised her. Then she told me that my best bet would to either try tomorrow or to try the ampd live part of the call. I thanked her again and told her to have a good night because she sounded like people have just been chewing her out all day. I called again and tried the tech support part and got hung up on because all of the operators were extremely busy. Then i tried the ampd live problem part and got a message that said that it closed at 6 pacific time, and that puzzled me because it was only 4 p.t. By my clock. I really like the service i had gotten to date, and i hope i can get this issue resolved without getting overly hostile or angry like some of these other posts. I have found that if you are patient and respectful and understand that they are people working in little cubicles hundreds of miles away from you, that they will try to help.

• Ki
      7th of Jul, 2007
    Ampd Mobile - Extremely bad customer service!

I am writing this out of pure rage. I have been a customer of ampd for 9 months. These 9 months have been pure HELL! I noticed a problem with my husbands phone back in February. He has the jet phone and I have the angel. All of a sudden his phone just does not work. The buttons do not work, he can text me or anybody else, and when the phone rings he can not answer without putting the phone on speaker. Now I call ampd and they say go to Best Buy get a prepaid phone and call us we can transfer a prepaid phone over to the plan for you guys no problem. Well I go to best buys and I am told this is not possible because the store I went to in South Philly does not have a contract with ampd for prepaid. After waiting 2 hours on the phone for a supervisor at ampd the supervisor I spoke to decided to let me buy a phone from best buy that was a plan phone and just transfer my husbands number to this phone and he only charged me 10 bucks. Now that was great. Now later on I waited to pay my bill ampd turned my phone off and they were right to do that. However when I paid my bill they took 4 days yes 4 days to turn my phone back on. Not 2-4 hours as promised And everytime I called it was run around or the usual were sorry for the delay. Now this brings us to the present. On 6-6-07 I called and requested a new phone because the same problem my husband was having with his phone now I am having. On 6-6-07 I was told you will have your phone in 7 - 10 days. Well as right now I still do not have my phone.Its 7-07-07 When I called to find out why I didn't get my phone yet customer service says you have to talk to tech support they handle this not customer service. Im sorry but we cant help you. Now in the meantime I did not pay my bill due on the 16th of June and they turned me and my husbands phone off. When I called to explain why I didn't pay my bill yet (my phone does not work) the guy I talked to (Rubin) said we can give you $30 off your bill I said ok thats cool I'll pay my bill Friday. Well I called back 2 days later to make sure he took the credit off the bill and get the correct balance and this other guy Patrick says the 1st guy did not take the $30 off the bill. He did not even notate my account so he says all I can do is give you $10 off your bill and as usual he says I am sorry. I hate ampd mobile and would not advise that anyone deal with them. If we did not have a contract til May 2008. I would have cut them off LONG time age. Waiting on hold for 2 plus hours is crazy. Ampd has filed for bankruptcy because they owe Verizon 33 million dollars. To all reading this DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT do business with ampd mobile!!!

Or you too will be sorry!!!

• Kl
      8th of Jul, 2007
    Ampd Mobile - Lying about their services!

I purchased phone in March the razor for $250.00 I have got the hybrid plan 1000 minutes unlimited text messaging. I had to pay $50 a month, but then my phone cut off , and they told they were having problems with all the hybrid plans and as long as I pay my 50 they would credit my account. They did at first. When I called they transferred me to technical support. I got cut off. I called back they told me it would take 3 days to fix my phone. They still haven't. I called they didn't want to help me they gave no good customer service and I regret going to that company they are liars and have no customer service skills. I even spoke to the manager and she did not help me either. I feel as a customer I should have gotten my respect, not tell me they cant help me ain't that their job?

8th of Jul, 2007
    Ampd Mobile - Horrible customer service and billing!

Ampd mobile has the worst customer service i have ever seen... i waited 3 hours on the phone trying to get my phone activated... also 4 months in a row they have billed my checking account twice and had problems getting them to credit the money back... talk with supervisor and they no nothing at all... really really bad phone service, would not recommend!

• Tr
      12th of Jul, 2007

I have been with ampd since September. I went to make a payment on line for $350. nice bill huh. Well if thats not bad enough they charged "my" bank account 7 times. you do the math... $2500. It took a week to get my money back. Also ampd is almost impossible to get a hold of anybody. This is the worst company I have ever worked with. I don't have enough room to tell you how messed up this company is.

• Wi
      13th of Jul, 2007
    Ampd Mobile - Phone states that i need to load up

I paid my bill on the 9th of july 2007 in the amount of $50.00 and that was supposed to give me 1000 anytime minutes and unlimited text messaging. My phone worked really well until the 11th of july then it told me to load up i know i did not use all 1000 min. In two days and now when i call 611 tech support is either closed or call volume is to high i would really like to have this problem fixed so i can use my phone.

• St
      19th of Jul, 2007
    Ampd Mobile - Poor customer service!

I had two lines with ampd. Within a month I decided to suspend one of the numbers and keep the other. After paying the primary line in full and on time I made arrangements to pay the second line. Five days after making the agreement to pay on the suspended account ampd shut my service on my paid primary line. When I called customer service nobody could find the secondary line that I had. They would transfer me to billing and the charges would just keep getting higher and higher. Even when I went to another carrier and asked repeatedly to shut the phone off completely and send a final bill my phone still continues to ring and all they can tell me is it takes a few weeks to finally shut off. Another thing that they are infamous for is the wait time.It never fails. I usually have to wait 15 or more minutes for someone to answer and when they put you on hold for some strange reason you are transferred unknowingly to another representative without being told. Poor customer service and cellular service period.Never again. I totally tell my friends the deal with this company.I tell them that even though its good with the unlimited calling and the text messaging its not worth the headache and the mystery of you finding out whats really going on with your service and especially your bill and in my situation phone numbers that nobody can find when you know it existed. Don't deal with this company. They are money hungry and they will never give you a straight answer. It will be a big mistake!!!

• Ki
      21st of Jul, 2007
    Ampd Mobile - Going out of business

Well for all of reading this it has finally happened. I received a text today from AMPD Monday July 23 maybe their last day in business. Per Kimmie in customer service there is a meeting on Monday July 23, 2007 to determine the long term plans for the company and everyone's service will either be changed to another carrier or disconnected all together. So if you have AMPD you need to contact them ASAP!!!

• Su
      23rd of Jul, 2007

I have been on the phone since 830 this morning! It is now 1015 and someone finally answered the phone, now mind you I've had this phone for a little over a month now and the person on the other end of this phone says I owe 394.40! Who in the hell is behind the calculator!!! I put 150.00 plus dollars toward this freaking phone which was free because of my credit being so good! Well not any more thanks to amp'd mobile. By the way while stuck on hold I get this annoying loud screaming music in my ear!!!! Screw this!!! Its now 10;20am and I am going to hang up after trying to OH wait a minute someone else just got on the phone and explained nothing to me! So I asked to speak to her supervisor and she said "no mam their not taking any call at this point. WELL ALRIGHT THEN!!! NOW WHAT???

• Do
      6th of Sep, 2007
    Ampd Mobile - False Charges on Current Bill

I swithed to Ampd Mobile during May 2007.
    The first thing I explained to the representative was that I needed 2 of the cell phone numbers ported over to Ampd Mobile. 410-948-3902 and 443-850-8600. As it turned out he ported over all the cell phone numbers except one of the main numbers I originally wanted ported over. In the mean time I was still being charged by my previous sell phone provider. Ampd Mobile should be fully responsible for these charges which adds up to over $125.00. I traded my previous cell phones to down size the cost of the new phones. I razor, 4 Samsung camera phones.
    My first bill was over $400.00, there was a one time fee of $180.00 which I wasn't told about before hand. To make a long story short I wound up cancelling the cell phone service with Ampd Mobile and returned the cell phones for the following reasons;
    1. When I called customer service to cancel the plan they told me the people at the kiosk had to call and cancel the plan, When the people at the kiosk called customer service to cancel the service they told the people at the kiosk I had to call and cancel. We were going back and forth and nothing was getting accomplished.

2. I want compensation for the 5 phones I gave Saii Bacoy since I cancelled the service.

3. the one time charge of $180.00 was never removed from my bill, I was told it would only be removed if I stayed with Ampd Mobile.

4. The main number I wanted ported was never done.
    It is very frustrating to deal with a company like this. I suffer from high blood pressure and I can assure you that my pressure stays high and probably will continue to stay high until this situation is resolved. In the mean time Ampd mobile is threatning to send the bill to a collection agency.
    I have been trying to file charges with the MD courts but I need a name to put on the papers. I could put the representative's name Saii Bacoy but he can't be served because the kiosk has since moved.