Amk*pth Essentials / Amerimark / unauthorized charges on VISA

1 OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-345-4401

I just took over finances for my elderly mother (Emma J. Hayes) and discovered that she had been paying $29.90 a month to belong to a discount pharmacy "club". I called them and asked to terminate the service IMMEDIATELY, which they did. I asked them on the phone if my mother had ever availed herself of the service and was told that she had never used it. Later I asked my mother what she knew about the service and she told me that she had never authorized this company to charge her VISA card and had never agreed to use the service. Granted, my mom should have been watching her VISA bill more closely, but when she tells me that she never authorized those charges, I believe her. I am attempting to get this company to return her money.

Pat Waters

Comments

• De
      25th of Mar, 2010

ON 02/10/10, I ORDERED 60.00 WORTH OF PRETTY COSTUME JEWELRY FROM THE WINDSOR COLLECTION MAGAZINE FOR MY LITTLE GIRL'S BIRTHDAY. YESTERDAY, A 29.99 CHARGE HIT MY VISA ACCOUNT FOR SOMETHING CALLED "PASSPORT TO HEALTH" MEMBERSHIP. COMPLETELY UNAUTHORIZED! THE REPRESENTATIVE WHO PLACED MY JEWELRY ORDER TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO UP HIS COMMISSION BY SIGNING ME UP WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AND, BY GOD, DON'T GIVE THEM ANY DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION!
    I'VE NOTIFIED THE BBB AND OUR LOCAL STATE'S ATTORNEY. HOPEFULLY, I'LL GET MY MONEY BACK. DEBBIE

• Ti
      9th of Mar, 2011

The same thing happened to me! I could not figure out what the $29.99 charge was for every month. I finally got rid of them.

• Ad
      13th of Apr, 2016

I went to a Mike Relax Foot Massage located at 5226 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027 with telephone numbers (323) 666-1216 for a foot massage. I gave him my debit card when I paid and the next thing I saw on my card's transaction was this AMK Essentials 8008308471 OH for two transactions. One for a buck and the other transaction is for ten dollars, a total of eleven dollars.