Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals / Acai Berry Bogus Offer; DON'T BUY!!!!!!!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I ordered Nature's Acai Berry Supplement from Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals online, after reading that it was thoroughly researched and "Approved by Dr. Oz and Oprah." I placed my order on February 15 and received the product on March 13. I was not so happy that expedited shipping took a month! I was happy to finally get it in the mail (whew, I thought, I didn't get ripped off!). But, the joke was on me. The bottle came in a small envelope with NO invoice or phone number to call. That is when I got suspicious and looked up Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals online and saw all these complaints--all very accurate. Note that when I ordered I don't recall seeing "Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals" anywhere with their ads or I would have checked them out first. I called tonight to cancel after reading the complaints and was put in a short queue. The woman who answered spoke little English and was an obvious cocaine addict or a person pretending to be a someone with a bad speech impediment with half a tongue. It was so painful trying to communicate with her. I got the same speel from her that the other complainers got...that you have to cancel 14 days after ordering the free trial and that I passed the deadline so there is no way she can refund my money. Supposedly, I was supposed to see this fine print on the SOLE email they sent me on the day I ordered the product. Read for yourself...the email they sent me from a "DO NOT REPLY" sender is below:

"Thank you for placing your order for the Nature's Acai. This RISK FREE trial is a very limited time offer that we are running to introduce our brand new product to consumers. The small shipping and handling charges will appear on your statement as "NBAcai" With our amazing Acai Berry blend, you should start getting results almost immediately and within three short months you should be well on your way to reaching your weight-loss goals! And remember, not only does this Acai Berry blend assist with weight-loss, but also provides numerous other benefits such as promoting younger and healthier skin, increasing energy, and removing harmful toxins from your body. All of these wonderful results are now yours to experience! We thank you for your business and feel confident that you will be very pleased with your results.

For billing information or any other questions regarding your order contact customer service at [protected] hours a day, 7 days a week.

Regards,
Natures Acai™
Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals. "
****
Do you see anything about cancelling within 14 days of getting the email notification? NO. And tell me, how does one try a product on a trial basis when one doesn't have a product to try???? Finally Miss Strungout gave me two cancellation numbers (FINALLY) . TWO you may ask? Yes, TWO because apparently I was signed up to some other program as well (unknowingly). I am going to try to call my credit card company to stop all future charges and try to get the money back (about $85), but I fear I will have no luck. When I asked to talk to a supervisor or to get a bank refund number, she told me that this was a number for cancellations only and that she didn't have a supervisor. I persisted and she said "May I put you on hold for a minute or two?" I thought I might be getting somewhere but she just hung up on me. DO NOT BUY from this company...! RIP OFF! Oh, and about the product itself? I took one capsule today and it was so loaded with caffeine I'll be up all night. Is this healthy? NO. I believe in Acai Berry as a good antioxident, just wish I knew how to find a reliable distributor. If you ordered this product and got taken like I did, please call and harrass the living daylights out of the company. Call 78 times a day if you can...

Comments

• Kr
      15th of Feb, 2009
    Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals - Didn't work/Can't stop charges
    Amir And Sanchez Nutraceitocals
    20100 S. Vermont Ave
    Torrence
    California
    Phone: unknown

They advertise a trial product that you only pay $4.95 for shipping and handling and there is no obligation. Then, I find out there will be automatic shipping for $79.00 per month. The phone number listed stated they are not assoicated with the product (Acai Berry) Apparently there are different forms of this product out there but this one is bogus. It states that it is promoted by Oprah and CNN.

• Co
      16th of Feb, 2009

On behalf of Nature's Best Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. If this is not the case, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Furthermore, I would like to apologize for any problems or concerns that you may have had while attempting to cancel your order. The phone number listed on our website is 100% reliable and customer service representatives are standing by! Nature's Best Acai and its employees are unlike any other offer out there and we stand behind our products completely and your satisfaction is our number one concern. Please feel free to try the listed phone number once again and allow our service agents to take care of your situation.

• Fr
      17th of Feb, 2009

I contacted this company( Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals LLC) which has a location in Torrance, CA 90502 Phone number 800/983/7968 which was different from the one my bank gave me.
    The customer service person and I argued for over 30 minutes about a pending charge of $79.96 which I wanted removed from my account. The free bottle was mailed out on February 4th 2009 and they were already charging me for a second bottle which according to her was already in the mail. She refused to give me an authorization number and would only give me a confirmation number to stop any further shipments. She stated that I had 14 days in which ti return the product and call the phone number which was on the bottle to cancel any future orders. There was no phone number on the bottle and not even an invoice in the package. All I had was the name and address of the company which I looked up on the Internet. They lied sao many times! I was very upset over this whole scam. I refused to accept what she was telling me.
    Then I told her that I was going to pray against her and pray against their company for what they were doing. I then asked her "do you understand what I am telling you? Ripping people off of their hard earned money is wrong. She said I just work here Mam. I told her then it did not matter because the company she is working for is a scam and she is part of it. She then asked me to hold while she spoke with her superviser. A minute later she came back and told me that they would remove the charge from my checking account right away under the circumstances. She changed my confirmation number to an authorization number which my bank can use in case they do not do their part on their end between the banks. I then called my bank back and gave their claims department the correct information. All I can say at this point is mentioning the name of God has power!

23rd of Feb, 2009

I too have been on hold for over 30 minutes with a rep who says I am wrong, that the free trial started the days I ordered the product, not as the website s says when it is shipped and I didn't receive it for almost 10 days after I ordered it leaving no time to cancel.

• Cv
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I NEVER even recieved my bottle, and was still charged. I called to cancel that and any future shipments...I was told I wouldn't be charged for anything since I didn't recieve anything. HAHAHA I am now fighting the charge with the bank. I am also in contact with my FOX2 SCAM ALERT and they will hopefully be doing a newscast on this since I can't get anywhere with these THIEFS!

• Ka
      23rd of Feb, 2009

the number on the wesbiote they give you is to a pizza place-!! Its a full scam! watch out...

• Tm
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I just got off the phone with one of their NOT so helpful customer service reps, which for one I couldnt' understand because of the STRONG accent! I repeatedly asked her to get someone else on the phone that I could understand. It got so bad we were in a yelling match. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said there were a lot of supervisors/managers that worked there, I told her I want to speak to the supervisor that you answer to and I was told by this woman Rheo which probably isn't even a correct name that they are not allowed to disclose their supervisors names. I said so you are telling me that you can't get me a supervisor to talk to and you can't give me a name. I told her that I want this straightened out right now and of course they gave me a confirmation number, then she is telling me about these other things that I apparently signed up for and I said cancel EVERYTHING that you guys signed me up for today! She didn't want to cancel anything until I told her about 15 times that I had already called the credit card company and they were reversing the charges. What a nightmare!!!

• De
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I also contacted the 800 number ... we were charged 29.95 for something i know nothing about and 79.96 for the acai berry supplement ... the person I talked to told me that the 14 day period had passed, as stated in the agreement ... my wife had told the operator that she was trying the product and didn't want anything more ... she was assured that she would be charged nothing else unless she placed an order ... SURPRISE!!! After a while, I was given cancellation numbers for both amounts ... I immediately called the bank fraud department and disputed the claims (just to make sure I wasn't being given the run-around) The bank told me they will be contacting the company concerning these charges ... he also told me that they receive a couple of calls about this company each day ... so we're not alone ...

• St
      26th of Feb, 2009

i was going to get a free sample but did not put my card in and changed pages. they must have still gotten my information because now i am getting calls all day from two NJ #'s. one is 201-918-4852 or 201-918-4955. I called the # an all I got was two options 1. wait for a rep or 2. to be put on the do not call. Neither one that i pressed did anyone pick up just music playing in the back ground. these # keep calling be and hanging up. I had to call Verizon to put blocks on the #. I did not agree to any of the terms or conditions nor did i agree to purchase any products but just by simply typing in my # and them changing my mind this stupid company was able to get my # and then they proceeded to give it to other scamming companies. Thanks a lot. Trust me they will be hearing from me!

26th of Feb, 2009

I also got sucked into Natures Best Acai free trial and the next morning after ordering over the internet, my credit card bank called stating there was suspicious activity on my credit card. I had not used that credit card for anything else that week except to order the Acai. My credit card was immediately cancelled, but now I have to go through the fraud affidavit process and who knows what else with the identity theft. The Natures Best site had to be the source of where my credit card information leaked. So far I have been charged only the $4.95 shipping charge and that is probably because my credit card was cancelled immediately. I spoke to Natures Best representatives at two different times to confirm my cancellation and I had no idea that I was signing up for three things! I just wanted the Acai. ..Very shady operation! JP

• Do
      27th of Feb, 2009

I too started to order the sample, but decided against it before putting in my credit card. I now am receiving phone calls from early morning to night from a cell phone #201-918-4852. No message is left and I won't answer the call. If I don't recognize the number I don't answer. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. I guess they will eventually give up.

• Jv
      2nd of Mar, 2009

THESE GUYS ARE THE WORST. IN ADDITION TO THE ACAI BERRY, AND COLON CLENSE, THEY ARE ASSOCIATE WITH AND SHARE INFORMATION WITH (YES - THAT INCLUDES YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!) WITH GREEN TEA NUTRITION PRO. THEY BILLED ME FOR A "TRIAL OFFER" AND I HAD NOT EVEN HEARD OF THEIR COMPANY.

THIS IS TRULY A SHAM OPERATION.

HEAD THE WARNINGS - DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THESE COMPANIES.

• Le
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I was charged $ 85.91 on my credit card and there was no phone number on there. I had to come to this website to get a phone # for these scammers and still haven't been able to get a hold of a person. I also was charged $29.95 and another $2.95 for stuff that I did not order. I too have cancelled my charge card to prevent any further charges.

• Ti
      3rd of Mar, 2009

To the supposed company rep - you are nothing but thieves! I have cancelled my card so you will NOT have the opportunity to charge me again or pass my number to another company for their bogus products. I am pursuing a fraudulent claim with my bank and am going to post everywhere I can on the internet that you are nothing but thieves.
    You purposely have a horrible telephone line so that you have to literally scream answers to the highly accented customer service reps and I use that term loosely. There is a higher power and you will answer to that one day - just remember that.
    Your product is going in the trash. God knows what is in it since you are so disreputable. I trust the product about as much as I trust that the sun won't come up tomorrow. You stink and so does your company.
    If it takes me the rest of the day to alert others, that's what I am going to do. I hope to inconvenience you and stop your sales as much as you have inconvenienced me.
    To the others who have been bitten by this - CANCEL YOUR CARD IMMEDIATELY! My bank rep says that they are more than familiar with this scam and receive calls from customers everyday that are in our situation. Protect yourself against further charges. Your cancellation number(s) may not be enough to stop these people.

• Ri
      4th of Mar, 2009
    Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals - Never Recieved sample, was charged
    Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals
    Missouri

This is total crap. I cannot beleive they continue to get away with this. I was sucked in buy an apparently fake Oprah endorsement. They charged me prior to ever shipping anything and I never agreed to be charged. I luckily was able to stop the charges at my bank. I cannot beleive that this goes on. I just called to cancel and was told there were in fact 3 programs I was being charged for. Unbeleivable!!!

• Li
      4th of Mar, 2009

I am currently on the phone with my credit card company. I tried to call the number 1-800-983-7968 and was disconnected twice. I too have put in a dipute with the credit card company. (Buyers Beware)

• Mk
      5th of Mar, 2009

I just got off the phone with this ### customer service rep, I couldnt' understand her ! I repeatedly asked her to get someone else on the phone that I could understand. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she put me on hold for 15 mintues, then came back and said the phone lines were down to the supervisors. Needless to say I never got to talk to a supervisor. They gave me a confirmation number. I'm closing my bank account that i had for over 15 years to keep this rip-off company from charging anything else to my account. I'm sure glad they put the TERMS OF OFFER right up front and not have to dig for it.

• Fo
      7th of Mar, 2009

Well, apparently I did not pay attention to the 14-day risk free time period. When I signed up for the trial, the "fine print" read that following this period of time the second bottle was to be shipped automatically. I haven't yet tried the product, so not sure if it will work for me or react well with my body chemistry. Hope it does. I did not have any problem canceling my account or receiving up to 3 confirmation numbers. The rep was courteous and clear. Lesson learned -- there is ALWAYS a catch and to read the offer carefully in the future.

7th of Mar, 2009

Wouldn't be surprised if the person called "fooled" is someone from the company trying to stem the tide of hate and discontent. I have been on the phone now for 50 minutes trying to remove the BS charges from Natures Best Acai Berry. The 1-800-983-7968 representitives are unbelievable, they will argue with you, ignore what you have to say and stall you untill you give up. Don't give up! Run these ### into the ground or better yet to jail. Their 14 day trial is just another scam just like the ones run overseas or our troops. When I came home from Iraq I had 6 different charges on my credit that I had never heard of and had removed and investigated. This was no easy process. NATURES BEST ACAI BERRY IS A SCAM !!!

7th of Mar, 2009

An hour and fifteen minutes later a supervisor answers the phone and upon threat of contacting the Better Business Bureau and the banks fraud department and telling them about all the complaints I was looking at on this web site the supervisor not only agreed to remove the charges for the Acai Berry but informed me of the two other accounts they established for me, how much I was being charged and cancelled all of that too. SO, STICK TO IT!!! DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO STEAL YOUR MONEY.