Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals / Unauthorized charges

I recently ordered a 'free Trial' of Acia Berry supplement from Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals. This is a total scam!!! Once you order the free bottle, which is on a link referencing Opra and Doctor Oz on Facebook, you pay $4.95 for shipping and handling with your credit card.

This is a huge mistake!! The company uses your credit card to enroll you in a membership that is hidden away in the small print. Unless you cancel this and other memberships they've enrolled you in, they will charge your credit card $ 85.91 a month. I ordered this free bottle on Feb 18th, then called to cancel the order on Feb 19th after coming to my senses. I assumed at this point I had canceled my order. On March 5th I received a bottle of AciaBurn. March 6th a charged of $85.91 appeared on my checking account.

I immediately called the customer support number only to be told that I had in fact called on Feb 19th but only canceled membership on to other accounts that this company had enrolled me in but not this membership!

After reading the fine print I discovered that the company starts your free trial on the day the bottle is shipped and you have 14 days to cancel before they charge you on the 15th day. Well, my shipment was sent on Feb 20 and free trial began. I did not receive the bottle until March 5th (13 days into free trial). I called the customer service number on March 6th after discovering the charge on my account. This call was made on the 14th day of the free trial. I was within the time limit to cancel yet my card was already charged!!!

Do not order anything that says 'FREE'. Lesson learned, nothing in life is truly free.

He

Comments

8th of Mar, 2009

• Co
      9th of Mar, 2009

Marina,

For starters, I would like to ask you to verify what company you have actually ordered your product through. I say this because AcaiBurn is not associated with Amir and Sanchez and is actually part of another company. However, if perhaps you just misspoke and actually did order one of the products offered by Amir and Sanchez, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. This elite membership includes the automatic shipping and billing of your new supply of Nature's Acai Berry to save you the inconvenience of having to reorder by phone! Please remember, your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

• Li
      13th of Mar, 2009

I too ordered what I was lead to believe a sample and it was shipped on March 2. I received it on March 9 and saw that a charge on March 11 for 79.96 was posted to my bank account. I called immediately to be told they could not and would not refund my money even though I had not even openned the product to try. They said they could only cancel my membership. What a rip-off. I am contacting the better business bureau and want others to beware of the tactics!

• Sy
      19th of Mar, 2009

We are calling these people & getting RUDE PEOPLE who can NOT pronounce our names correctly & say that we didn't call in time when we didn't get our 14 day free trial. There has to be a way to BLAST THIS ALL OVER THE INTERNET OR BBB...

• Ba
      31st of May, 2009

I was burned by Amir and Sanchez also. My bank got my $ back, but I was scammed also. I will not order anything "Free" again. When I called the number the bank gave me, I got a lady that I could barely understand and she said I had to provide a tracking #. Since I had returned the "free" sample unopened, I did not have a tracking #. When I repeatedly told her this she just kept asking for the tracking #. I asked for a supervisor and was told they were all on holiday! What a joke! I got so upset. Then I asked her to take my phone # in case we got disconnected so she could call me back. She wanted to know why we would get disconnected, I explained that because the call was taking SOOOOOOO long, the battery on my phone was getting low. She never took my number, she wanted a tracking #. After screaming like a crazy person, I hung up on her. I called back 5 minutes later and spoke to someone who was able to cancel my "subscription" without a tracking #. He wouldn't refund my $ however. Luckily, the bank got the $ back. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

• Li
      7th of Mar, 2011

I ordered some Anti aging cream through an ad on the internet. It was supposed to be free with just a shipping charge of $4.95. They charged $94.95 to my checking account 15 days after it was ordered and eight days after it had been delivered. Not only that they delivered another jar of the stuff just three days ago, less than a month after the first delivery. Of course my checking account has been charged. I never signed up for more than one delivery. It was advertised as try the first jar and see if you like it after which you could order more if you like. The highway robbery price of $94.95 price was never mentioned. I would feel extremely guilty if I were to ever pay more than $25.00 for a jar of cream this size. the cream also doesn't work as it claims. It does no better than the less expensive creams in the store. charging my checking account for that one also. I still have two thirds of the first jar left, and it works no better than the less expensive store brands.The jar bears the name, Dermatal Anti Aging Cream. It is distributed by Amir & Sanchez Nutraceuticals, but the money was removed from my checking account by ARC*SKNGLOW>COM None of this makes any sense to me. It is definitely a SCAM!

14th of Mar, 2011

Same thing happened to me: thought I was ordering one free jar paying only $4.95 shipping. First charge to credit card account $94.95, second charge to my account $96.90. On initial phone call to them I said I wanted nothing other than the "free sample." I did not want to be enrolled in ANY plan. Following up, I called them, spoke to someone who knew nothing and was able to do nothing except recite words from a paper in front of her, then spoke to a supervisor, "Ben, " who has no employee number or last name that he will give; he states he is the only one there named "Ben." He gave me a Returned Merchandise Authorization number to use in returning the stuff. More than Better Business Bureau being informed about this company that is out of Riverton, Utah, they should be reported to the Federal Interstate Commerce Commission. THe charges on my card from them use two different names: 1st is NWSKINS.COM out of Utah (toll free number 888-582-5089) and the second one is ARC*SKNGLOW.COM out of Colorado (toll free number 888-511-8058). The return address I was given is only a P.O. Box in Riverton, Utah.
    I ordered this for my mom who died before it came, and the supervisor, Ben, told me I was giving false information about the order because the order was not for me or in my name but just my name was used for credit card info.
    Their changing addresses, names, phone numbers all scream scam. These people should be put out of business, not just by word of mouth from unsatisfied and angry customers, but by a government agency. This company if horrendous in the way they cheat people and do business.

• De
      21st of Mar, 2011

Same thing happened to me! Boy, do I feel dumb! I was not aware I was subscribing to a $95 jar of cream every month, and they messed up my debit card account by charigng me TWICE, then to add insult to injury, the bank charged me TWO $35 overdraft charges - my balance the day after I got paid was MINUS $92! I was livid! And broke! When I called the company, they graciously credited me $6.00 for the two $4.95 charges that were supposed to be $1.95, then they credited me one $94 for one of the jars - THEN I received another jar (one jar) which they charged me $96 - still working on that, plus I'm going to call the bank - Wells Fargo branch office said they couldn't do anything because it was basically my fault for being a poor consumer, but I'll try the main office and hope for the best.

• Le
      7th of Apr, 2011

I, also, ordered this anti-aging cream through an advertisment at 4.95 in December of 2010. It was posted on a Better Homes & Garden site. I don't recall seeing anything about automatic delivery. The companion product (from a "different company") did indicate automatic delivery & I stopped dead in my tracks & didn't order it. The jar of anti-aging cream arrives with no paperwork & I've tried sending it back to the return address but I think that jar is lost in outer space. The charge on my bill is always a different description. I"ve canceled my credit card hoping this will stop the delivery & charges. If there was small print that I overlooked, then I'm at fault. But no paperwork? This is unacceptable!

15th of Apr, 2011

my name is jose varela i live in new york if this company amir sanchez nutraceuticals continuos send anti -aging cream they hav big problems with mi i want to report to law deparment, i only order one time they still mi money from mi credit card, they have big problems, is better they stop

• Ar
      19th of May, 2011

I too was scamed. First for the 4.95 trial jar. I changed my mind when I received it and took it to the post office marked refused. Two (2) days later I received a new package from the same address. I had my husband take it back to the post office marked refused. Now this all happened within 20 days. I ordered the trial jar over the telephone and was not told that there was only a 14 day trial. Most places give you 30 days to try a product out. I did receive a refund for the 4.95. It showed on my charge card. But there was also a chrge for 95.95 on the same statement. Now you know that they receive the first package, they credited my account, so they had to have received the second one. I did not open either one so that I didn't know I had to get a tracking number for them. I thought they were a reputable company that would understand that when I sent back the first package that it also meant I didn't want any more of there products. I am still fighing them. A 100.00 is a lot of money when your on social security or for that matter, at any time. R in Racine All for ARC*SKNGLOW.com Try to get your money back!!!
    on the tv.

• Ar
      19th of May, 2011

The parigraph that started I too was scamed is my complaint. My Master Card said they couldn't do anything about it so I will try you. I sent two packages back. They credited my account for the first, $4.95, but they slao charged me $94.95 for the second one. It seemes to me that if they received the first package and credited me for it, they also received the second one, but they charged me the $94.95 for it. Let me state again, Both packages were unopened, and taken to the post office. I sisn't open the first package so I couldn't know that I had to have a tracking number for eithe one of them. Please see what you can do. I see thet have scammed many people before me. When I ordered over the telephone, the woman never told me what I had to do if I didn't want the product. She was very fast to get my informaation to make the sale. Someone should close them down.