Amigo Energy / Billing/ Customer Service
I agree with all the other postings. I have experienced the same problems with Amigo. Billing two months at one time, charging at least twice sometime three times what I was paying with National Power Company. I was fortunate and found out through a call to CenterPoint that I was being changed to Amigo. I called them and was treated very friendly and agreed to a 3 year contract to lock in a low rate (.15/ kw hr). I didn't like the idea of being on a contract but I went with it because the other option was 0.19/ kw hr. Two months went by and no bills. I contacted them. Within a few days I got two bills due at the same time totalling nearly $700. FOR TWO MONTHS AT A LOW RATE!!! In the heat of the summer the year before I never paid more than $200 to NPC. How can 0.02/ kw hr make such a drastic difference?
When you can get through to the company, it's hit or miss wether someone can speak English. I usually have to talk to a supervisor. They are rude, unhelpful, uncooperative and give the word "amigo" a whole new meaning. I can tell you, I would never treat a friend the way they treat their customers.
More Amigo Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Amigo Energy - overbilling 
- Amigo Energy - Amigo is Ripoff 
- Amigo Energy - Breach of Contract 
- Amigo Energy - NPC customers scammed by Amigo Energy 
- Amigo Energy - Illegal billing 
- Amigo Energy - my bill amount
- Amigo Energy - service 
- Amigo Energy - Charges/ bill
- Amigo Energy - STAY AWAY, customer service is TERRIBLE
- Amigo Energy - STILL &Slamming& NPC Customers since 2008