AMHSI, Option One, WL Ross Co / Poor Customer Service

United States Review updated:
AMHSI, Option One, WL Ross Co
American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc.
P.O. Box 631730
Irving, Texas [protected]

Mr. Wilbur Ross
WL Ross & Co.
1166 Avenue of the Americas
27th Floor
New York, New York 10036

I know anyone who is reading this has experienced the hell that is American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc. or AHMSI or Option One Mortgage. The company is now owned by Mr. Wilbur Ross, Jr. of WL Ross & Co., an investor and billionaire. Shortly after the purchase of the company out of bankruptcy, he moved all "customer service" calls through Pune, India.

Here are some of the problems I personally faced:

1. I was married in November of 2007 and my name changed. I have sent multiple letters and faxes and spoke with “customer service” representatives regarding this change. It has never been updated.
2. I requested a loan modification in writing and was denied because I am making my payments. I spoke with a “customer service” representative over the phone who advised I would have to stop making payments for three months to get a loan modification.
3. I have written and requested an escrow account to be set up with taxes and insurance and have received no response.
4. Previously when I paid amounts over my monthly payment, it was applied to principal; however, AHMSI steals my money and applies to a “corporate advance adjustment” although I am not delinquent on my account.
5. If I do not make a payment prior to the first of the month, AHMSI calls me daily twice a day at both home and work although I have always made my payment every month between the 1st and the 15th of the month.
6. Whenever I call or receive a call, I am connected to a call center in India. Their English is generally very poor. The people are often speaking from a script and are no help at all. I can never talk to the same person. I have multiple times requested to call back the same individual to handle my problems with the company and they advised they cannot do so.
7. In the fall, I made a payment through Bill Pay from my bank account as I always do. AHMSI reversed the payment for no reason and never credited my account for the payment. They then charged me a late fee and called me stating that I was delinquent on my payment. I explained what had occurred and advised I would resend the payment. The “customer service” representative I spoke with advised it had been taken care of, but they did nothing. I sent in verifications from my bank account and still nothing has been done.

I ENCOURAGE ANYONE WHO IS HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH THIS COMPANY TO CONTACT THE MR. ROSS, AHMSI, and your elected officials. If you are not certain who represents you, you can go to www.vote-smart.org

N  28th of Apr, 2009 by

Irving, TX 75063
Direct line 214-260-8794
Fax 866-274-1503
A  22nd of Oct, 2010 by
Beware of W.L. Ross and his liquidation plan.
This is a copy of a letter to the Judge regarding my issues with Option One, Mr. Ross, Chase Acquisitions, and Sandcanyon Corporation. Though these guys have been beyond difficult to deal with, they have yet to address a single complaint that my attorney has put forth. Moreover, with out legal right or document managed to convince a judge to set a sale date of my property. Here is a copy of the letter I wrote to the judge prior to the judgment. I think it roughly explains the issue:

Your Honor,

I urge you to deny the request before you to allow J.P. Morgan Chase acquisitions, San Canyon Corporation, and W.L. Ross, ET AL, acting as “Plaintiff” to proceed with foreclosure proceedings, and further deny a move forward in any type foreclosure proceedings, Sheriff' Seizure and Sale. There are problems with the instrument and the process used to create a mortgage and subsequent lien which they are asking to satisfy against the property located at 2825 Cambronne Street, New Orleans, La, 70118. This instrument and mortgage was legally rescinded in 2008 upon discovery of significant errors and issues within the loan and it terms in late 2007, and rescinded only after pleading for correction and relief personally with the Loan Servicer (Select Portfolio Servicing) who is a paid co-representative of the plaintiff. The entire group of corporations and representatives that constitute the “Plaintiff” have offered no remedy or relief to the errors that appeared in the loan, its processing and its associated documents, other than to proceed forward acting as a machine to effect a seizure and sale of my property, regardless of the lawlessness of the act and the mortgage that it created, while uniformally ignoring the legally allowed and legally served rescission of the loan.
Moreover, the Federal Government of the United States and the President of the United States have publicly acknowledged that there are certain loans which are considered predatory and have been rightly outlawed, which appeared within the mortgage loan market in the time frame that this particular mortgage instrument was produced which is the Summer 2007. The Originators of this loan and its associated documents, are Option One Mortgage (lender) and Brian Brush (mortgage broker) who have respectively filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy and are out of business. Option One Mortgage bankrupted in December of 2007, and Brian Brush is no longer a loan broker based out of Frisco, Texas since 2009. This loan has proven itself to be predatory and has caused me financial harm, along side the acts of these organizations or “Plaintiff” which have consciously chosen to ignore not only my legal rights, but the law in order to effect a seizure and a sale of the property for their financial gain. As a result, a law suit seeking relief and remedy against the “Plaintiff” has been underway regarding this situation since 2009 and it is important that the property is preserved with clear title in my name to deny any further financial harm to myself as a result of the actions of the “Plaintiff”.
Further, it should be noted that at the time this mortgage was placed upon my property, the property was paid off (I had no mortgage or liens on the property) and is my primary residence. In an effort to 'qualify' for a Loan Modification, I have rented the property since June of 2010, on a one year lease for the sum of $1150.00 per month. The rent has been paid at the first of the month and also the property has been properly maintained by the tenants in accord with the lease. The loan servicer, who is another representative of the “Plaintiff” and who negotiates and accepts all payments, will not accept $1150.00 per month or any payment at this time in an amount less than $86, 608.01 which they claim is interest and fees they have paid on this loan. It was my belief that perhaps the issues related to this loan would have been resolved faster via a modification since in that process the terms of the loan are corrected as well as the balanced owed. On multiple occasions in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 I have asked for a modification and its paperwork and have received none, in fact I have been told on multiple occasions by the loan servicer that the loan legally can not be modified, while at the same time, Chase Bank claimed to have no record of the loan. As a result of the activities of the entire situation associated with this loan, my credit has been damaged, I am not in my own home, and further I have suffered direct financial loss and harm from these activities both paying on a bad loan, and having my reputation diminished by showing a foreclosure associated with my name in print for the public on both the internet and in the Times Picayune, and as well on my credit report.
Further, it should also be noted that in an article appearing on September 29, 2010 in the Associated Press titled “JP Morgan halts 50K foreclosures for possible flaws”, JP Morgan has publicly stated “The bank asked judges not to enter judgments against homeowners facing foreclosure until it completes its review of the problem.” Although it is my contention that the issues with this loan are far more involved that some of the minor problems that plague many of the loans JP Morgan is attempting to liquidate, it is still relevant that as a tacit admission of errors that harm “homeowners” the parent company of JP Morgan Acquisitions has asked for a a halt on judgments against homeowners because of significant errors and should be considered in this proceeding.
Respectfully, your honor, I ask for relief in dealing with the “Plaintiff” and their representatives who are a third party acquisition team that purchased this jumbled mess after the lender filed bankruptcy. They have been unwilling to cooperate about any issue related to this “Loan” unless it provides themselves direct financial benefit, while attempting to preserve a situation designed to cause me the homeowner financial harm, and they further seek to exacerbate the problems the loan originator created and foisted not only upon myself but the “Plaintiff” as well. In addition, foreclosure is the only option these folks have offered as a solution and is completely unworkable. It serves no other purpose than to cause me further direct financial loss and harm through the liquidation of my home. I urge you to deny the “Plaintiff's” request, and further ask for help with the constellation of problems and direct financial losses this consortium of businesses has caused me.

With Respectful Regards,
Christopher S. Woyewodzic
A  26th of May, 2011 by
american home mortgage sevicing inc. has modified mortgage to a lower rate in november. my payments were $728.00 principal and interest. the new payment was $629.36. in april they raised the payment to $944.46. now they say i owe them $1, 400 and if i dont pay them they will forclose. these guys all should be in jail. they prey on old and disabled people destorying thier lives by taking thier houses illegally.
A  26th of May, 2011 by
the goverment should step in and regulate AHMSI, and prosicute thier executives.
A  17th of Jun, 2011 by
I am preparing a class action suit against this company.
I do not want money
I want your verified complaints to submit to my attorneys
you can email me at lblplus@aol.com
or mail me your situation at
Jim Kapsis
PO box 132
Albertson NY 11507
A  2nd of Mar, 2012 by
It is a fact that THAT Willie Ross is, indeed, a vulture capitalist preying borrowers NATIONWIDE. Someday I and others will be relieved and pleased to see this 1%er hauled before a court and held accountable for his crimes and misdemeanors committed against his mortgage loan suckers as he steals homes from his customers by way of his sloppy, irresponsible manner of doing business which seems to be his modus operandi. Just read the complaints that are stacked to the gunnel's with victims. Maybe Obama can cut him down to size
A  18th of Jun, 2012 by
hi my name is Haney Farah behaving a problem with this company they stealing my money all the time i been Behan's many years from this company and i never was connect it to a manger they dined my mummification 2 times now they saying i have to pay 10 grant month for aman Ben in my house for 8 years i have 4 kids and am heard by a car accident i dont now ho is that company