Amex - Costco Card / overlimit fee!!!

I was charged a $29 "overlimit" fee for the Amex-Costco True Earnings card. How do you even get a "overlimit" fee? Isn't the definition of a limit that you cannot go over it?!? The charge is buried in the fine print of the card agreement and AMEX won't waive it when I called to ask. I've never had that done before and I even have a platinum card with AMEX. It's ridiculous. Cancelled the card on the spot after that. Never take another Amex card ever.

Hl

Comments

• Pr
      30th of Apr, 2008
    Amex card - Non Delivery of Credit card
    India

Applied for Amex card, application No. S080100187105 dt 24-03-2008,
    Reced sms alert, but when called the courier people, they say, card has been returned back to the bank.
    Please look into the matter and reply.

Thanking You

• Ri
      7th of Apr, 2009

I've just found this same ridiculous charge. I'm thinking I'm done with this blasted card, too. Much better to use actually money that I have to make purchases, but the promised "rewards" for this card have led me on a wild goose hunt into the land of credit cards once again. And then they do this. This is criminal if you ask me. I'm finished with this. Tell your friends!

• Hu
      24th of Apr, 2009

I have had a VISA card for over 20 years and four months ago I decided to get an AMEX card from Costco. BIG mistake. First they lowered my limit after I did a balance transfer and then they cancelled my card after I complained about it. When I tried to resolve this issue, it was like a SNL skit because I was transferred to six different customer service idiots.

Stay with VISA!!!

• Mo
      24th of Apr, 2009

Beware! your credit history could be affected negatively. I called to cancel my AMEX-Costo Credit Card, but recently when I discussed my credit history with my bank it was mentioned on the report that AMEX suspended the account (not the customer.)

• Jj
      29th of Dec, 2009

Where are you from guys? Mars?