Ameritrust Financial Credit / Fake offers!

30353 US Hwy 19NClearwater, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8665297037/4087317348
Received several calls offering a credit card refused several times. They repeatedly called back offering good credit card at 8.9% interest with 2000 limit. They received my banking info and social. After researching online. I immediately called the costumer service attempting to cancel, could not get through. So I called the number that contacted me asking for help in canceling, they refused nor did they give me any contact info to customer service. So I called my bank and placed a freeze on my account that allows you to receive funds but will not allow any other transaction to happen, accept at a bank, I also contacted the credit bureaus and initiated a fraud alert at [protected], and filed a complaint with the FTC at this link;

I also went to the OPT OUT web site to OP OUT permanently at this sight for all four credit bureaus.

Know this when you issue a fraud alert with one of the three major it will not initiate with the fourth Innovis because they do not see them as a credit bureau, unfortunately they are, and when you opt out you will see that all four are notified not just the three. I hope this helps other like the other posts have help me.

More Ameritrust Financial Credit Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Et
  11th of Feb, 2008
Just got the same kind of call--I'd been approved for a card, the guy said, knew my address and employer; didn't ask for Social but then asked for bank account number and routing number. I hung up.
Mo
  17th of Apr, 2008
THIS IS A SCAM! The same thing happened to me. They contacted me on my cell phone offering me a Visa card with a credit limit of $1, 200.00. Didn't state that it was a merchandise Visa credit card to shop from their catalog until I received the final authoization form to release the card via fax.

I then sent them the information back via email informing them that I wanted to cancel due to falsified information. I never heard back from the company.

However, thank God my bank felt responsible (because I never authorized the transaction to be deducted from my account) and the fraud division put a freeze on my account until my direct deposit came in and closed that account. I had to open up a new account. The bank informed me that several banks were having problems with Ameritrust Financial with the same scams. This is so unbelievable how the government can allow this company to stay in business!

I was one of the fortunate people; my bank credited my account within 21 days so I got my $200.00 back.

THIS A LESSON TO EVERYONE, IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS! Never give out important information over the phone or on-line.
Me
  29th of Jul, 2008
i was also contacted by these people, calling themself Central Florida Financial, offering a credit card. And I also asked what type and was told it was a regular Visa. From the conversation I had with "Nick" I assumed it was a secured credit card. However a week after I signed up, I looked them up and saw what it was really was. I called on July 2nd to cancel, and was told it would be taken care of, I would not be charged. About a week later I received a form from them asking to verify my account information and that the money would be taken out. Once again, I called on July 17th and told them to cancel. And I was again told that it would be cancelled and I would not be charged. Well on July 25th 150.00 was taken out of my account!! Not only did I lose that money, other bills I had to pay were taken out, so my account balance was put to below zero and I now have overdraft charges and fees. Luckliy my bank is considering it an unauthorized transaction and is giving me back my money.
But today I decided to call these people and see if they would refund me. I repeatedly keep getting the same person on the phone...all he does is change his voice! He gave me several names such as Chris Phillips, Chris Washington, and a Mr. Rivera. Whatever name he used he was extremely rude and abusive and claimed he was the head of customer service and he was the only one I could speak to.
So I decided to call from a different number and claimed I was calling from a law firm. This person refused to give me a street address or a phone number.
I am filing a report against them with the NY Attorney General and the Florida attorney general. I would suggest other people do the same. With people having such a hrad time financially and looking for ways to get out of debt, these people are basically making money off the people who can't afford it. I'll repost on here and let everyone know what happens with the attorney generals. But more people need to speak up, itherwise these people will continue to do it.