Ameritrust Financial Credit Card Service / Can't seem to even cancel

United States Review updated:
It's virtually impossible to contact these people. They wont let you speak when you do have someone on the phone. I have been trying to stop them from debiting my account for about a month now and still do seem to have stopped them i may need to close my account and start over. No one there is willing to talk with you they talk over you all through the conversation only say you must deal with customer service. Customer service is never available. The products that you have access to but are very few and all garbage. They get you to sign up with a phone call that you have no time to ask questions about or even wrote down info from. They don't even give you an opportunity to replay any info or a confirmation number. Please someone stop these thieves and put them in jail for theft.

Comments

Mi
  5th of Dec, 2007
I let this company talk to me over the phone and had found them over the internet. Without my consent they took money out of my personal account. I had not authorized them to do this as is evident by the check # they used.
Ca
  10th of Dec, 2007
im a college stundent and i needed this card to get college ###...im so pissed i lost ###ing 200 dollars to some piece of ###...### you...your a waste of life and jump off a bridge...i hope i dont find out who you are...cause ill be looking for you lil dicks
Ro
  2nd of Feb, 2008
im a mother of three they got me to how can we work togetter and get our money back from this shamer cuz i need my money
somebody call me 559-373-2773 i need my $200 rose
Ri
  4th of Feb, 2008
So listen, Everything that you guys are saying is totaly true. These people are on the " BAD BUSSINESS REVIEW" What they are actually selling is a Merchant card. But the funny thing is you can only make purchases throug a Merchant Catolouge they provide. It's really silly! Especially whe you ask them " hey is it a real credit card that i can use at a store?" They say yes! but as you all realize that is FALSE! So this is what i did. I did my research. I talk to my bank and advised them of the situation. I told them about the company. I gave them the link to the BBB (Better Business Bureu) and BBR ( bad Business Review). When a company lies to you about what they are selling that is still consider FRAUD! So what my bank did is they end up contacting the company, and from what my bank told me is that they were extremly rude and they refused to give out there Business license ID. OH and by the way that is EXTREMLY illegal!!!! So my bank work there magic and even listen to a recording of me saying go ahead and take the funds. But when they heard the rep say its a real credit card when it was not. That was immediate fraud!!! They credti me back my $200.00 and my family got our attorney involved. My attorney tried to spk w/them and i guess they told him to "go ### himself" SO hahahahaha look's like the only people that are going to get ###ed is Ameritrust. I wish those people the best in life and that my lawyer doesnt ### rape them to hard! sorry Ameritrust you messed with the wrong citizen!
Ke
  13th of Feb, 2008
Thanks so much for posting! I was leary of what they were saying to me. When I asked if it was a Visa or a Mastercard, all they would say is that it is a credit card, same as cash. I did NOT close any deal with them over the phone and told them I wanted to do some research. God, I'm so glad I listened to my intuition to check them out before signing up. But I did give them my bank acct. and that has me worried they will take money even though I didn't sign up. I better put a block on my checking acct. to prevent them from STEALING my money.

I got burned over 10 yrs ago when I was just outta collge and wanting to establish credit. It was very similar to these guys. They took my $200, the $50 vouchers were worthless and then they continued to withdraw money from my acct. unauthorized. I filed a complaint with the FCC and the BBB. Turns out they were in Canada and I could not press charges for the fraud nor did I get my money back.

I learned the lesson of "buyer beware" but only after being a victim of fraud. Well it's not going to happen a 2nd time with this Ameritrust Financil ###!
Ja
  12th of Mar, 2008
I HAVE TO BEEN SCAMMED BY THIS PIECE OF ### COMPANY!!...I WAS TOLD OVER A WEEK AGO THAT MY CARD SHOULD ARRIVE IN THE MAIL BY AT LEAST LAST WEEKEND...& OF COURSE HAVE SEEN NO SIGN OF IT...IT IS FUNNY...I HAD NO PROBLEM CONTACTING SOMEBODY UNTIL THE $200 WAS DEBITED OUT OF MY ACCT...NOW YOU HAVE TO WAIT ON HOLD FOR SEVERAL MINUTES...THEN PROMPTED TO LEAVE A MESSAGE...I HAVE DONE THIS ONCE...& I AM NOT ABOUT TO KEEP DOING THIS!!!!...HOW CAN I GET MY $200 DEP.......I JUST SPOKE THIS MINUTE WITH JANNELL & SHE TOLD ME THE $200 IS NON-REFUNDABLE...I ASKED HER WHERE MY CARD WAS...SHE PUT IN A 2ND REQ FOR ANOTHER ONE TODAY....I ASKED SPECIFICALLY WHAT THAT CARD CAN BE USED FOR...SHE SAID EITHER ON LINE (MERCHANT) OR $1000 CASH ADVANCE TO START WITH??...SOUNDS PRETTY FRICKEN FISHY....I LET HER KNOW THAT A LOT OF COMPLAINTS HAVE BEEN POSTED ONLINE & DOES SHE FEEL THAT HER COMPANY IS LEGITIMATE??...SHE SAID "YES"!!....I TOLD HER I WOULD WAIT A WEEK FOR THE CARD...I ASKED FOR A MANAGER OR SUPERVISOR THAT IS WHEN JANNELL GOT ON THE LINE....I CAN NOT BELIEVE PEOPLE CAN ACUTUALLY DO BUSINESS LIKE THIS...I BETCHA THEY ARE ONLINE LAUGHING AT EVERYBODY RIGHT NOW...HOW THE HELL CAN THIS HAPPEN...I AM VERY PISSED OFF...I NEED MONEY SOOOO BAD RIGHT NOW!!:[
Jo
  14th of Mar, 2008
I just got a call from these people and they tried to get me to open an account, I asked if they offered Visa/MasterCard and they atated that this was just that. I was trying to ask questions and they kept interupting me, so I stated 3 thime NO THAANK YOU because I could tell they were recordingthe conversation. Which by the way is illeagle, unless they inform you the conversation is being recorded, which they did not.
La
  19th of Mar, 2008
I started seeing withdrawls from an account that I rarely used. THis overdrew that account and I was charged overdraft fees. When I finally realized where the charges were coming from, I called them and instructed them not to deduct any further charges and that I was not interested in what they were offering. Now five months later I get letters from a Recovery Co in Georgia stating I owe them $708 for insufficient funds check and if I don't pay the money, they will turn me over for legal action and my account will be listed on the check recovery system, thus affecting my check writing status. When I contacted the company they said that I voice-authorized the amounts and since they were not paid they were forwarded to collection agency, even though I never received the card that I was charged for. The first person hung up on me. It did show that in November that I had called and instructed them not to deduct any further amounts. Never was I informed that this would be sent to collection agency. Now supposedly, the general manager is supposed to be calling me back tomorrow. We will see what happens.
Za
  26th of Mar, 2008
There are too persistent too! I told them no and somehow they talked my dumbass into it too... how did they get my cell phone number?!

BUT!!! I told them to give me a month and let me read over the info with my husband... now that the info still isn't here and they aren't getting anything since I read this! THANK YOU ALLLL!!! I am getting ready to go to the bank and change my checking acct number right now! Not only that, but this offsets my damn direct depoist too!!! ###! I have finally learned my lesson.. I will not do any internet or unknown phone numbers any more!!! I need to get off of the internet right now!
Ve
  3rd of Apr, 2008
can someone give me the number for these people
Ch
  23rd of Apr, 2008
Hey all these ### just contacted me im in the army and if this is a realy a fraud I will get my command in the middle of it and they realy dont want that.
Da
  27th of Apr, 2008
I love the people that want to build up thier credit, but hate the fact that`s not a MC/VISA, AMEX, etc, , , Before you judge any financial corp, stop and and ask yourself this, are they providing the service there stating, is your credit score going up/down, that`s what you need to ask yourself. If your credit is important to you and only you, than go forward with the program, remember you have been turned down in the past for many reasons, if any CCC is willing to give you credit go for it. I`ve had this problem in the past. Today I can truly say it was worth it for me.

PS- Everyone like`s to hear negativity for any corp, let`s get real and move forward