Ameritrust Financial Credit / Ameritrust financial credit is a SCAM!

In the mail I received info from Ameritrust Financial Credit regarding a credit card with a $200 membership fee. I called them & gave them my personal info, bank account info and $200 was deducted within 24 hours. 2 months later I still have heard nothing from this company. No card, no calls, no mail... NOTHING! I have made several phone calls and left messages. They don't respond. They are bogus! Don't give them any of your personal info. Throw away their info they send or send it back to them. They are a SCAM!!!

Va

More Ameritrust Financial Credit Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Do
      26th of Feb, 2007

DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH AMERITRUST!!! On February 12, 2007 I canceled the credit card with Ameritrust because they did not follow their agreement. They were to take out $200 FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT on March 3, 2007. They tried to take it out on February 12, 2007. I called and closed the account, got a cancellation number and ask that they refund the $200. (The bank paid it because I have overdraft protection.) They did not. They claimed it was not their's. I went to the bank, got copies of the front and back of their check, and faxed the whole thing to them. They then tried to take the $200 out on February 16, 2007. I called them again and they claimed they did not get the fax. I was told to send the fax attention Steve Jackson. I sent them all the information again and ask them to refund the money. I then called to make sure the fax had gotten there. They told me it had, and the refund was in the works. I still do not have my money. I have had to close that account and put a freeze on it. I don't know what else to do.

• Lo
      15th of May, 2007

I supposedly gave ameritrust financial my information for a card to shop on-line. I know that i would never have paid money to shop on-line. I don't know what products they have in their catologue but i have seen other companies products and it is all simply junk. They must have misrepresented themselves and posed as some other company. I filed a police report because i felt i was scammed. They sent the police a tape recording saying i authorized them to take money out my account. I don't remember the transaction but i talk to my reputable card companies all the time. Bottom line: i would not knowingly authorize a transaction such as this from my account.

• Ra
      17th of Jun, 2007

I checked my online statement and saw there was a deduction of $200 from my checking account. I never spoke to anyone regarding a credit card. $200 is a lot of money for me. Since this happened over the weekend i am now going to have to talk to my bank. I cant believe this happened to me, especially since i have never talked to anyone from this company.

• Sh
      1st of Aug, 2007

I am just so happy I came to this site. I received a call this morning from a sales representative for Ameritrust Financial (from a "Five 9 Inc" 408-731-7348 call center per caller id). He told me I was approved for an unsecured credit card up to $2000 and he needed to verify my bank account number and date of birth. I really didn't feel comfortable giving my bank account number to him and he explained it's done to check status with bank since no credit checks are done which I understand. He said that there is NO SET UP FEE and NO ANNUAL FEE and the rate is 8.9%. This almost sounded to good to be true. I told him let me think about it and research it - of course, he tried to get me to give info and transfer me to a specialist and then he said I could make final decision. I told him I rather not and I'll call back if want to proceed. He gave me 1-866-529-7037 to call back. Now after seeing where customers are being charged $200 unawares or before the time expected, I will not be calling back. I am sorry for the inconvenience you all have had and I thank you for posting your complaint to help other consumers like myself.

• Ki
      7th of Aug, 2007

I received one of these phone calls tonight from the Five9 company. Was told that I was approved for a credit card with Ameritrust and all I had to do was give her my checking acct info, as a credit check. I told her that I wasn't comfortable with this, she then snapped back with... what 's not comfortable about it? I told her that I had not applied to her company, she said it was due to a turn down from another credit card offer. Told her that I wasn't turned down by the other card and had already received the card. I asked her what the credit line was, she told me $2000 at 8.9%. I then asked about the fees and she said there was a $200 transfer forward fee but that it wasn't due now, in two weeks it would be due. I turned it down as soon as I heard that. I'm glad I did after seeing this site. Horizon credit is another one that only lets you purchase from their catalog.

• Tr
      31st of Aug, 2007

These program is a rip off these people told me i would receive a credit card in less than 7 to 10 business days and that was 4 weeks ago. They took $200 out of my account and i never received anything in the mail or by phone or email. I now have to shut down my account to stop them from taking money out of it. I can not find phone numbers and most places say they never heard of them. So if i was you i would not fall for this scam. Because now it's going to cost me more to fix this problem then what i was promised from this company.

• Ed
      20th of Sep, 2007

You can call these losers at 408-731-7348 - They tried selling me this POS credit card & when I questioned them, I got some wise ### replies from some guy saying he's from Florida when in relaity he's in Jersey ...

Total scam - Guy kep saying "I'm not the owner" blah blah blah ....

Advised him of Federal Do Not Call list & he said "I don't care" you're not on ours...

again, their contact number is 408-731-7348

• Ji
      20th of Sep, 2007

I've just filed a crime tip report regarding Ameritrust Financial with the FBI. Maybe they will do something about these crooks.

• Cl
      6th of Dec, 2007

I agree wholeheartedly. I have gotten 2 calls from Ameritrust Financial and yet another call from a different company in Florida requesting the same information as Ameritrust: My bank account information, my SSN, my mother's madien name and my date of birth.

I do not give out ANY information to ANY individual who contacts me. I have contact information for every business I do business with and say, Capital One calls me needing information about X business, I'll hang up and call them back and ask for that department. That way I know I'm not being scammed.

Watch out for these people. Another number to be wary of is 727-683-0725. They call themselves CFFA (Central Florida Financial ###'n) and they are scammers as well. Be wary!

• La
      8th of Dec, 2007

I was contacted by AmeriTrust and thought this was a good deal. They told me I would be able to pay my bills with this credit card. I asked if this was a catalog only credit line and they promptly told me NO. I don't know if I believe that or not seeing as I was told that they would discuss with me when they would deduct the money from my account and they never did. The representative was very unprofessional and I should have known better. They deducted 200.00 from my account within 48 hours and overdrew my bank account. Of course my bank paid the amount because I have overdraft protection but because of them I have been paying fees for my last paycheck. I am with everyone else on this site that 200.00 is a lot of money for someone. I still haven't received the welcome letter that they requested I feel out and send back so that they can send out my credit card. I called them back after waiting a month and they claim that they sent it out before Thanksgiving. RIGHT!!! When I did finally get someone on the line she was very rude and unprofessional. She left me saying "HELLO" (to make sure someone was there) for almost 5 minutes. I wasn't going to hang up because they had my money. I am still waiting for that letter. They are definitely bogus and I would warn anyone before taking this as a legitimate business. I actually think this is the 2nd time that they have gotten me for 200.00 and now that I found this website you better believe it won't happen again. Thank you and hope everyone are on their guard against this company.

• Wi
      10th of Dec, 2007

Hi I am 21 years old, and I too received this call from "Ameritrust financial" about this I gave out my bank account number and routing number... the looked them up on the net when i found all of this.

IT IS TRUE ALL A ###ING FRAUD LUCKILY I went to my bank right away closed my account and opened a new one. I also got the same smart ### comments that others have received so they said.

No money was taken because I am fast on my feet..when it comes to saving my money from utter HELL.

Do not trust these people I dont know who they are but I do know what they want thats Your Money.

Please dont trust AMERITRUST FINANCIAL. THEY WILL [censored] YOU OVER.

• Ba
      10th of Jan, 2008

This company took $200 out of my checking account. For me, this is alot of money. This happened in November of 2007, and here it is January of 2008. They took the money out in Dec. and as of today I have not heard anything from them. This is truly a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't fall for it like I did.
    Barbara

• Ga
      14th of Feb, 2008

Yes I believe this too be a junk. I have been getting calls from weird numbers, I never pick up the calls from a weird number since I had same problem with simmilar numbers. Im getting calls for the past week from this number.almost got 100 calls till now, never replied to any calls. They are the wake up calls for me in the last week. Dont attend the call

• Ba
      13th of May, 2008

I hope that someone stops these so c alled people. All I want is my money back, and to be paid for compansation

• Im
      21st of Apr, 2009

AS A FORMER EMPLOYEE OF AMERITRUST FINNACIAL I HAVE TO SAY YES IT WAS A SCAM WE TOOK PEOPLES MONEY FOR FUN AND PROFIT ..IM SORRY I WORKED THERE.. WE USED TO SCAM PEOPLE SO BAD BUT ON THE OTHER HAND IF YOU WERE DUMB ENOUGH TO SIGN UP I THINK ITS YOUR OWN FAULT ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS LISTEN TO VERIFICATION (((THE AUTOMATED MESSAGE AFTER YOU GAVE ALL YOUR BANK INFO)))) IT TELLS YOU ALL THE STUFF YOU PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT 35 DOLLAR OVERDRAFT FEE IT TELLS YOU THAT ITS A CATALOG CARD IT TELLS YOU THAT YOUR 200 DOLLARS IS NON-REFUNDABLE BUT YOURE SO WRAPPED UP IN GETTING YOUR HAND ON THE 2000 DOLLARS SEEM BLIND THATS WHY I WAS MAKING 1250$ A WEEK ...BUT DONT FEEL SO BAD THE COMPANY CLOSED 7/2008 THE COMPANY WAS FINED AND THAT WAS THAT ..AS FAR AS ANYONE GETTING THERE MONEY BACK NOW GIVE IT UP ITS IMPOSIBLE UNLESS YOU HAVE THE OWNERS NAME WHICH I KNOW ...BUT IM NOT GIVING IT UP SO ...SORRY FOR TAKING YOUR MONEY AND NEXT TIME LISTEN IF IT DOSENT SOUND LEGIT IT PROBIBLY ISINT..