AmeriTrust Financial / Fraud & cheating!

Do not be stupid like me!! I am having financial problems. I was sitting here one day thinking "What am I going to do"? And wa-la, a phone call from Ameritrust Financial promising me a $2,000 credit card. All I had to do was give them a $200.00 deposit that would be given back to me as payment vouchers. I tried to call to cancel the deal before the check cleared and could not get through. I got a hold of them after the check cleared after twenty minutes on and I asked when the card would arrive and was told in three days. Well after three days, guess what ? No card. When I called they told me that a letter was being mailed that I had to sign and send back. I knew I was in trouble then. "When I got the letter I read it and it said "I will recieve (4) 50.00 worth of payment vouchers to use towards the payments on the balance of my AmeriTrust Financial Merchant Catalog Finance Account... Cash advance terms... with a maximum of $1000.00" I was confused but still thought I could at least get cash advances if needed. I faxed over the letter called a few days later to see if they mailed my card and the told me they did not receive the fax. I then went to the Internet and found all of this stuff from other victims like myself. I called my bank and changed my checking account because I did not want them to try to send any more checks through like happened with another victim.

Do not trust these people. You can't get through to them, they put you into a type of loop "welcome to Ameritrust financial, please hit one if you know the four digit extension of the person you want to speak with or hit two for customer service" you hit two and it puts you through the loop again.

This is a SCAM!

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Comments

• Li
      15th of Sep, 2007
    AmeriTrust Financial - Fraud and cheating!

I was contacted by Ameritrust Financial and was told that with a $200.00 deposit, I could obtain a credit card with a credit limit of $2,000.00. I gave my information, and the money was deducted from my checking account and I received a letter of verification in the mail that I had to sign in order to obtain the credit card.

At NO time during the "recorded" conversation was I told that Ameritrust Financial was a catalog company and that the credit card could ONLY be used on their merchandise. I contacted them to get my $200.00 back and have yet to get a return call.

DO NOT trust these people - this is a SCAM - save your money. If you want a credit card go to your bank - get a SECURED credit card from your bank - and DO NOT trust Ameritrust Financial.

I plan to pursue this as far as I can take it and get my $200.00 back.

4th of Oct, 2007
    AmeriTrust Financial - Harassing calls!

This company has called me 15 times today. Calls started at 8 am this morning and it's only 2 pm now. They show up as five-9 on caller id and don't say anything when phone is answered or machine picks up.

Beware people!

• Me
      6th of Oct, 2007

They called promising to help me rebuild my credit by giving me a credit card but first they withdrew 200.00 out of my checking. I have never received any such card and they refuse to refund the 200.00.

Beware!

16th of Oct, 2007

They will be take money out as of nov 3,2007. Please call back!

• Ro
      11th of Nov, 2007

Me and my husband was also riped off by them along with my dad so I know what you mean we are also pursuing this to get are 200.00 back we are in contact with the lawyers and all and will not give up until we have are money back they put us in trouble with are bank also thank goodness the bank is working something out with us because of that company we are in 500.oo in trouble with are bank.

• Ti
      14th of Nov, 2007

I think this is really ridiculous. I just got a call and gave my info like a dummy. When I had to say yes I said NO and wanted to talk about the terms. The woman was VERY VERY rude. All but short of yelling at me and hung up. I called back and talked for like 10 seconds they said they were taking my name off a list and hung up. I tried to call again. call rejected. So I called from a different phone and they hung up again!! I hope that by me saying no rather than yes that no money can be taken out. If money is taken out I will post on here.

• Yo
      15th of Nov, 2007

I fell victim to this scam this week... I spent 30 minutes on the phone and demanded my $$ back. They won't do it. The guy I talked to said i could use the card at walmart and target... what a scam. I have an address that I am to write to to request a refund. Anyone had any luck getting a refund? I even asked them about all the scams reported online, they said they were all going to court or some stupid line like that and they were not scammers.

Please help!

• Tr
      28th of Nov, 2007

I too have fallen for this, please contact me and give me some advise on how to rectify this situation.

• Gr
      30th of Nov, 2007

I got scammed by them last night. My dumb self gave them all of my bank information. After reading all of these complaints that are exactly like mine, I'm calling my bank this morning to make sure they don't get my $200.00. The lady was talking so fast last night. I kept making her repeat herself and slow down. I don't know why I fell for this. You hear about this stuff all of the time. I called them and kept getting the same recording. I'm calling the FCC and Better Business bureau this morning also. I know that somebody can stop them from ripping off innocent people. We all need to call somebody and complain and shut them down!

• Vg
      7th of Dec, 2007

I'm another victim. I was in a bind, looking for a way out when I received "THE CALL". Everything sounds legit, especially since I had just inquired about a loan online. Now I'm in more of a bind than I was a three weeks ago, before "THE CALL".

YOU CAN'T TRUST THEM!!

• Ti
      10th of Dec, 2007

I am so damn happy that I decided to look them up before i decided to give them any information. I appreciate the fact that people came to this site to file their complaint for others to see so no other people could fall into this trap either. I feel bad for those who do, but this is why we have the internet at our fingertips so when we are not sure about these people all we have to do is look them up .

• Ta
      27th of Dec, 2007

Those sun of a ### took my 200$ out of my account and it was all a lie the ### on the phone when I called to ask her if my cad had ben sent out said yes without even asking me anything I hope the ### who did this to so many people rot in hell for taking our money, now I might not ever get my money back because my bank will probably say well you gave them your bank account number so there is nothing we can do. How could i be so stupid I am so mad at my self for falling for this scam.

• Je
      27th of Dec, 2007

Same thing happened to me. I said no rather than yes. I hope I am protected because of that. The lady hung up on me when I said no. She tried to convince me for a couple minutes but then hung up in my face. Tried to call back but kept getting hung up on. Can someone confirm that they take the money out under the name Ameritrust Financial? I put a stop payment under that name on my account but I want to make sure because I know a lot of companies change names when deducting money.

• Bo
    Dunedin
    Florida
    Phone: 1 415 901 1680
    www.americanexpress.com

Hi my boris i was rip off with $200.00 hundred dollars from this people all i want is from you to catch this individuals and put them in jail because they don't care who they rip off. Please someone help me to get my money back good lock and god bless you all.

• As
      12th of May, 2008

same thing here they called and said this was a credit card to help me rebuild my credit and I told them I was not intreasted in no damn merchant card and they talked me into it saying that it was not a merchant card but it was a credit card they took my money and a week later I still havent heard from them so I called and they said that I had to sign some contract but why did I have to contact them why did they not contact me cause they just wanted my money and now they say there are no refunds and that I should sign this contract becouse after every three monthes without purchasing any thing from them they charg you another 35 dollars one rip off after another rip off do not fall victom to this scam

31st of Jul, 2008

they did the same thig to me then called me back again for the same thing. when i told them they had already aproved me and taken 200.00 and i had never recieved a card or anything they quickly hung up. when i called the number on the caller id back it came up as disconected i called it severial times . i reayl could us the 200 back .

• Gl
      26th of Aug, 2008

this company also ripped me off of $200.oo. i am in the process
    of complaining to the better business bureau. this company in florida but still they need to be put in jail forever and a day.
    gvalenzuela
    odessa, tx

• La
      17th of Nov, 2008
    AmeriTrust Financial - fraud company
    ameritrust financial
    california

this company took money out of my checking account assuming to be a major credit card company but were frauds and will not return my money

• Gl
      17th of Jan, 2009

i feel so stupid for falling for their scam. i lost $200.00 which i really cant afford to lose. i live on a fixed income and i will not do this ever again.
    i got swindled june, 2007.

• Da
      18th of Jan, 2009

Is there a lawsuite against them for misleading the public?
    It seems that we were all mislead on how this program was suppose to work.