Amerismooth Cellulite Laser Treatment / False Advertising and No Results

1 Johnson Ferry RoadMarietta, GA, United States Review updated:

After reviewing the advertisement which indicated that American Laser had a cellulite treatment that worked and promised significant visible results and winning a $300 off certificate, I signed up for 12 treatments totaling $2500 which is what the clinic manager said it would take to reduce or eliminate the cellulite on my thighs. I was told I could pay for the treatments interest free for 12 months not realizing I was signing up for a credit card with GE Money. Because of cancelled appointments by them, broken machines, or excess waiting, I was given additional free treatments. After 17 treatments and on one occassion burned and bruised thighs, I saw NO results and sought to obtain a refund. Even their technicians after reviewing the original photos agreed that there had been no changes to the cellulite in my thighs. At that time, I was offered 5 additional treatments free which I declined to use. After getting no satisfaction from my complaints to personnel at American Laser, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. After months of requests for info by the BBB, American Laser finally responded that I got the treatments and that they may not have been effective due to my lifestyle... which I took as a reference to my weight. Even though I had lost a significant amount of weight working out in the gym and altering my eating habits after a bout with colon cancer. I was told my only other recourse was to file a dispute with the finance company GE Money or hire an attorney and file a lawsuit. Well I could not afford to hire an attorney so I contacted GE Money nearing the end of my 12 months interest free period to find out what my options were. At that time, I was told if I paid GE Money the $2500, I could not file a dispute. So I filed a dispute with GE Money only to have them settle the dispute in favor of the merchant with no explanation as to how and on what basis did they agree with the merchant since by their on admission and in writing, I got NO results. GE Money has not responded to repeated letters asking for an explanation of their decision. I reluctantly paid the $2500 and refused to pay any interest. I have now been screwed by both American Laser and GE Money as GE Money has impacted my credit report due to my refusal to pay the interest charges, added $39 per month in late fees, and is assessing interest fees on the interest I have refused to pay. American Laser is the most unethical business entity I have ever encountered. NO consumer should be forced to pay for services that do not work as advertised.

Comments

• Ne
      29th of Nov, 2011

I had the exact problem with American Laser Centers in Greenville, SC. I made the stupid mistake of entering a drawing for some contest in my gym. When they called to tell me i won, i had no clue what she was talking about. I just heard that i had won a 300.00 gift certificate. I was stoked to go collect my winnings. I was ambushed by the office manager, promising that I would be amazed with my results from the new state-of-the-art machines. She must have seen me a mile away, because she lured me in with false promises like, "If at anytime during your treatments you are less than 100% satisfied, you come and find me. I will always be here to address any questions or concerns. If you are not satisfied with your first few sessions, we will be getting a new machine in a month or so, and you can just switch over to it. " I never saw her face again, and when there was absolutely no results after $1400, and being told that I was not able to even try the new machine. I never went back. I just hope that no other women get taken for this RIDICULAS SCAM: $300 gift card contest for American Laser Centers.