ameriscores.com / CraigsList/Credit Report Scammer

1 Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:

The people behind this blogging site, www.ameriscores.com are also behind multiple fake apartment/job listing sites on Craig's List...do not fall victim to this scam and NEVER follows links sent to you fromwhat you think are legitimate emails being generated from listing you find on Craig's List to get your credit reports...these are activities being generated by bad eggs just to get paid...none of it is real. Here is a sample email that I received after looking for an apartment in Philly (I myself should have know better).

This is Craig's List listing: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/apa/1631383632.html...all of this is fake and they keep changing the credit report site that they point the link to so they do not get caught...

I'm sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner! Things have been so hectic for me these last couple of days!

The good news is that the rental is still available! We had an offer from the first person we showed it to, but now it appears that they are changing their mind, so we need to start showing it again as soon as possible. You were the second one to email me about it.

The property was just cleaned, and it's in great condition. We know a lot of prospective renters want to do a quick look of the property, but my husband doesn't want me to mass send out the address as a measure of safety. Last time we did that without verifying people, another vacant property was broken into and vandalized. We don't want that to happen again! I CAN tell you that it's a very special property, which would normally rent for quite a bit more than other comparable properties in the neighborhood.

For utilities, your electric, gas, water, sewer and trash will be transferred into your name upon occupying the property. You will be responsible for cable, internet, and phone, if you decide to have these services. Just to confirm, we DO allow pets at this property.

The rental term is 12-month lease, but can be switched into a 6-month lease if preferred. We just ask that you give us fair notice if you are moving out.

If you would like to set up an appointment, go to the link below and request the free copy of your rental / credit report. We use this company for all the properties we manage. Just fill out the form and indicate that you want the free credit report. The actual scores on the report aren't important to us; it's more of a formality to have it on file, to make sure you are who you say you are.

Get your report here: http://ameriscores.com/freereport/

Remember, we only need to see the page about the rental history. That will be all you will need to bring with you to the showing.
As far as getting together to see the property goes, I am available to show it any time from 10:00 am on, for the next couple of days. Let me know when you've printed out your credit report, and we will set up a time to do your walk-through.

Thank you once again for your interest!

Elisabeth Shelton

Gi

More ameriscores.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Gi
      7th of Mar, 2010

The same people behind ameriscores.com are also behind credit-safe.info...both are blogging sites with the same look, feel and content...and both are operating multiple scams on Craig's List for fake apartments, job listing, etc...don't fall victim to these fake scams...none of them are real, you can't contact any of them after you get the email with the links to the credit reports...the phone numners, email addresses and everything else is fake...they are doing this just to get paid from the advertisers who are also victims to these scams because they have no idea that they are being taken advantage of...BUYER BEWARE.

• Gr
      8th of Mar, 2010

I was also extremly excited over the property i found on craigslist but oddly the post was removed that afternoon. On Saturday it was posted around 9:30 am and removed about 11 pm that evening. I recieved an email today stating :

I am so glad this complaint popped up when searching for ameriscores. I find it odd Im from Gray TN and this post is from Philly. Thanks very much for the info, I have learned it may just be too good to be true if it sounds it.

• 00
      13th of Mar, 2010

craigslist posting:

email:

Get your report here: http://ameriscores.com/my-freescore/

Thank you once again for your interest!

Helen Jennings

• 00
      9th of Apr, 2010

So what do you do after being scammed by this company? Ameriscores also got me with their Craigslist scam.

• C0
      13th of Dec, 2010

i said the same thing about it being too good to be true. even asked the renter why it was so cheap for the square footage asked. the craigslist listing didn't give all this info, but i found the same listing on cryelike selling for 299, 000! but the craigslist said it was for 800/month. if they never actually rent the apt and collect rent, how do they benefit?