Amerisave Mortgage Corporation / Misleading and Overcharged Me

1 3350 Peachtree Road 10th FloorAt, GA, United States
Phone: 9495000823

Found Amerisave online when I was searching for lenders to refinance my house. I should have known that things were too good to be true.

When I first started the application process, the appraiser pressured me to get it done within the first 3 days and he said that was time of the essence. He charged me $500 for it even though the Amerisave website quoted substantially less...I checked today (9/30) and it says $400...so I paid 25% more than their good faith estimate!!!

This should have been a no-brainer loan...$225K on a home that was appraised at $600K...and I am a full-documentation borrower making well into the 6 digits income.

Slow to respond and after 45 days, they are saying they are not sure about my debt ratio...which hasn't changed when I first got approved for the loan.

They are very slow to respond and though they demand all kinds of stuff. I know that mortgage lenders are getting tougher, but this is incredible. BTW, I'm refinancing a mortgage that I had with Wells Fargo from 2 years ago (when I thought it was much harder to get a loan) but these guys are much worse.

I've probably gotton over a dozen home mortgages over the last 20 years and these guys are easily the worse...and now I'm out the appraisal and who knows what else.

Be careful with these guys!!!

Ed