Amerigas / Leak Check Charge
Our gas tank, which we use for our fireplace went empty while we were using it. Flames went out. Pilot went out. Empty gas tank. Meter on the gas tank reads empty. Pretty straight forward - we ran out of gas. Right? No...Amerigas wants to charge me a "$97 gas system leak check" before they will fill the tank again.!! We were NOT allowed to decline the service either. Of course, there were no leaks. Now, I'm a reasonably easy going guy and a small business owner as well. If we had turned off the gas (still working) in the spring and tried to restart it in the fall and it wouldn't start (and the tank was empty)...then a leak would be plausible. But not when we saw it go empty. Same as when our gas grill tank goes empty while using it... we just exchange for a full tank.
Really quite upset about this $97 charge. I would encourage consumers to shop around before committing to use AmeriGas. There are a lot of online complaints about lots of their services and charges.
More Amerigas Complaints & Reviews
- Amerigas/propane - overcharging the public 
- Amerigas - Customer Relations 
- Amerigas - Terrible company 
- Amerigas - Incompetence /Fraud 
- Amerigas - LACK OF SERIVCE 
- Amerigas - 35 Deg. / 5 days no heat. Gas turned off!!! 
- AmeriGas Propane - american flag
- Amerigas - Screwed up my front lawn 
- Amerigas - illegal tapping off tank 
- Amerigas - Customer Service