Amerigas / Customer Relations

1 Charlottesville, VA, United States Review updated:

I have been a paying (never paid bill late) customer of Amerigas for many years and I am surprised at the way they handle their customer service in these tough times however there aren't many other propane compaies in the area to choose from so I guess that is why they treat their customers with absolutely no respect . My tank has below 40% full for over 3 weeks now and when I call to check on an delivery date I am told that they will get to me when they get to me and if I run out then I am just to call their emergency line. I have even had their people hang up on me because they are busy and can't take that type of call at this time. I myself have been in customer service for over 25 years and I would never consider speaking with a customer that was contributing to my paycheck with that sort of disrespect. Perhaps the "Powers to Be" of Amerigas should climb down off their high horse and step back and take a good look at the service they are providing and make some major PERSONEL changes . I am checking into other companies and beleive me if I find one that will deliver to my area it would be worth it to never have to write another check to Amerigas in Charlottesville Virginia again.

Comments

• Ol
      25th of Feb, 2010

A propane tank is only filled to 80%, so at 40% you have 1/2 a tank. Propane companies try to deliver when tanks are around 20%. Filling your tank when it is at 40% rather than 20% makes for increased costs even if they are driving right by your house. Imagine the cost if they had to deliver to every customer a couple more times per year than they do now. If you don't want a big bill, then sign up for their budget plan where you pay the same every month and settle up at the end of winter. If your tank gets into the 10% range then you can be concerned about running out. How much has your gague gone down in the last 3 weeks? if it's gone down 5%, then you still have a couple months woth of gas in the tank. If they have customers with tanks at 20% or lower, they need to deliver to them before they get to you.

• Am
      15th of Jan, 2011

We are sorry to hear about your situation and apologize for your recent experience with AmeriGas. AmeriGas prides itself on providing our customers with the highest levels of customer service and we would like to help. At your convenience, please contact Fran directly via email at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com so we can promptly assist you with this issue. To better assist you, please provide your AmeriGas customer number, phone number or the address and zip code where your propane tank is located. Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.