Amerigas / charge to pick up their equipment

Carsonville MI, United States Review updated:

I did not get propane from this company for over 2 years. Each time I called and asked for a propane price it was different because I didn't use a lot. I asked if they sell me the tank so I could get propane from the lowest priced company. They would not sell the tank to me. So I told them that I would be buying my own tank. So I did and I called and told them to pick up their tank they said that they would charge me and I told them that I would not pay them but they picked up their tank and I now have received a bill for them picking up their tank. I originally did business with Backus Oil and they bought them out but most people have gotten rid of them because they charge much more than everyone else.

Ga
May 14, 2015

Comments

• My
      2nd of Sep, 2011
    Amerigas - Gas delivery
    Amerigas
    Wyandanch
    New York

Always run out of gas even though im on an automatic delivery. The company does not answer their phone and when they do and you schedule a delivery they never show up. I have been a customer for over 27 years tired of the horible service, im moving on!

• Sp
      2nd of Sep, 2011

I could have written your complaint with the exception of the twenty seven years.
    Had them for about twenty before I moved.

• Re
      20th of Oct, 2011
    Amerigas - I feel that they charge whatever price they want
    Amerigas

Purchased gas on 12/09/09 it was 287.44 purchased again on 1/06/10 it was 352.94 purchased again on 2/17/10 it was 245.00 I feel that they charge whatever they want It depends on whoever answers the phone when you call.

• Ju
      20th of Oct, 2011

Actually, fuel prices change day to day. That's why it changes everytime you call.

• Fr
      7th of Nov, 2011

Hi Resister. You can contact your local AmeriGas office to get the current price of propane. You can find your closest office at the following link: http://www.amerigas.com/find-amerigas-propane-locations. Or, if you prefer, you can email your account details to Fran at [protected]@amerigas.com and we'll see how we can assist.

• Di
      8th of Aug, 2012
    Amerigas - tired of being lied to
    amerigas
    Winnemucca
    Nevada

I have been a loyal customer for 14 years and my husband at least 5 before that. We have dealt with constant delivery driver problems, being lied to about drivers trying to deliver when NOone has come to our residence.

• So
      6th of Jun, 2016

June 2016 - looking at the current Fed report on residential pricing (Oct to March 2016), price per gallon is 2.016. Why am i charged 3.712 in California? It costs 100.00/month just to keep 3 pilot lights on (wall heater, water heater and stove). Not being able to price shop is criminal. Think I'll write a letter to my legislators: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/