Amerigas / Overcharged

When I switched to amerigas at a very small cottage I was renting they replaced my 150 gallon tank with a 500 gallon tank. I told there driver this was way more gas than I usually get but he set the tank anyway. There is no doubt that the valves on the tank were leaking gas, the odor is unmistakable, I reported leaks and they were never fixed. I was on a c.o.d. plan and after I did not call to have tank filled for about 9 months (I started heating with electric heaters) they sent me a bill for 125.00 for tank rental fees.

Va

Comments

Pl
  11th of Aug, 2009

I have had service if you can call it that for the past 9 months they have charged for emergency service when I was told they would not due to the fact that there was a leak in the regulator and it needed to be replaced, by the way it was never fixed. They have over charged for the deliveries I have sent letters and called and no one bothers to even look into it. The customer service is non-existant. We should get together and see if we can find an attorney who will file a class action lawsuit.

Am
  15th of Jan, 2011

We are sorry to hear about your situation and apologize for your recent experience with AmeriGas. AmeriGas prides itself on providing our customers with the highest levels of customer service and we would like to help. At your convenience, please contact Fran directly via email at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com so we can promptly assist you with this issue. To better assist you, please provide your AmeriGas customer number, phone number or the address and zip code where your propane tank is located. Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.