AmeriCreditUnethical

I called to get the payoff on my vehicle. They gave me an amount, and I sent them a check for that amount over night. They recieved it and cashed it on Juny 17th. 2017. After 30 days of not gettng my title, I call them. They tell me that I still owe them one payment. Then I prove to them that I don't and their story changes to...I owe them unpaid late fees. I ask for a full history of my account. I recieve it and even their documentation shows that I have a $0.00 balance. So I call and put in the last four of my SSN and the recording says " This account is paid in full". But yet when I talk to some one they tell tell me that they will not release the title until I pay 633.00 late payments that their own accounting shows that I don't owe. I have filed a civeil suit.

Ca

Comments

• El
      Jul 13, 2007
    AmeriCredit - Do not do business with this company

AmeriCredit charges the most fees of any loan company ever. Now they have started charging $5 to make payments online (after two years of making payments). In addition, if you are late, they charge a late fee and then, interest EACH day you are late.

God forbid you are ever late. They hound the hell out of you with at least four calls a day. If there is any way around it, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. The way they do business has to boarder on illegal.

•   Mar 26, 2008
    AmeriCredit - Scam and rip off!
    Fort Worth
    Phone: [protected]
    www.americredit.com

I called in to make my truck payment via check by phone, I spoke to a really nice lady and with in 15 minutes My payment was made she then asked me would you like to set up next months payment with a post dated check? I responded with O no thank you I 'm pregnant with twins a 3 yr old a 9 yr old and my husband is over sea's in Iraq so I don't know exactly what day next month would be a good day, but thank you for asking and trying to save me time, She responds with O my I can understand and good luck to you abd y tell your husband I said thank you for serving our country. That was the end of our call.

Then 2 weeks later my husbands grandmother had a stroke and blood clot in her head so the kids and I flew to Florida asap, that was on the 28th well since we are military we are paid the 1st and 15th so here comes the first I paid our bills online and withdrew some cash still leaving 400.00 in our account, then the next day I went to put gas in the rental car and my card was declined WHAT I THOUGHT NO WAY, so i called my bank to find out americredit withdrew 530.00 or tried to anyway but them trying held my account 530.00 that wasn't there for 2 days that caused my bills to bounce and left me pregnant with 2 kids in florida with 0 money to get home I called americrredit and asked why after I said no to a post dated check by phone was it done anyway they responded with no you agreed to the transaction I said bs i did and yall just cost me 600.00 in nsf fees and bank fees they responded with o well we don't care what we cost you we still didn't get our money (for a payment that wasn't due for 13 days). Then they continued to try and with draw money every 6 days only costing me more money each time.

I had to close that account and open a new one at another bank all because in the state of Texas if you owe a company money and give them access to your account they can legally with draw at there pleasure. Over all this cost me $2017.00 in fees. and even after I gave americredit all the proof from the bank of what they cost me they said they would credit my account that was 8 months ago and they still have not!

•   Apr 25, 2008
    AmeriCredit - Now I am wondering about my loan safety
    www.americredit.com

after reading all the complaints, I am unsure of my auto loan. I had the bad experience of paying off a loan once and them tacking on more money, better research my payments and ck amount on principle and interest. is americredit doing this to me or should I refinance with another company. cash payoff doesn't seem to be going down need to know which amt goes on principle and what to interest now. can I worry now or unload the truck. this is very scary for seniors who live on fixed income and payments are very high ok

• Lo
      May 08, 2008

I agree. First it started with the car company which put lies on the application. I was only suppose to be a co-signer but they put me down as the head because my soon to be husband was going back into the militay, that's what i figured. He filled out the application and needed a co-signer. So when I drove down from Louisiana all I needed to do is sign and show I.D. I only worked at Sears which does not pay much. So she asked what my last job was and I guess she stated that and faxed it in. It had been over a year since I worked there. I think that Ameri-credit could have done a better job of finding out whether or not the information was true. Now since the account was in my name. My soon to be tried to put it in his before he left and could not because they fired the lady who sent in false information. I recieved no letter of that they was selling the car at all. Now they say I owe 18, 000. What!!! With all of this going on I was told to seek a lawyer for this for both companies.

•   May 14, 2008
    AmeriCredit - They scammed me
    www.americredit.com

I took a loan out for a vehicle the man is no where to be found my down payment was not listed and they list 11447.00 on my credit report with the interest my loan was 21837.00. $8000 was interest alone when I asked for a payoff another 8000.00 who do you think the credit bureau listen to the people NO they listen to these people that have scam us. MY advice is to contact all credit reporting agency. Google all the complaints and get a lawyer I will stand by you.

Class action suit Americredit, request all document they posses/ fax it and hard copy blank out your ss number accept last four if people stick together and help each other the world would be a better place. One person cannot do it everyone needs to put embarrassment or whatever and help each other. Americredit is a scam I lived off, IT still wrong on the credit report. Then report them to your Attorney General Office in your state and Texas "the crime theft by conversion" Then report it to the FTC.

•   Jun 06, 2008
    AmeriCredit - Ripped off widow 1 week before insurance payment
    www.americredit.com

Americredit knew my probate hearing was one week away. They knew my insurance check was to be paid to me at that time from my husband's death in a plane crash. They demanded a payment by Western Union, but took my car anyway.

For 35 years, my credit was nearly perfect. Even when my husband was killed, the bills kept coming and I kept paying using whatever savings I could use. I struggled with that and kept in contact with my creditors by telephone, including Americredit. Probate hearings are public information. This hearing is not contested and is just a formality. It is a week away and I would have been able to catch up and probably even pay off the car.

After towing my car to San Antonio which is 80 miles away, they demanded an appointment for me to get my personal items from the car. I was given wrong directions by them and not able to keep the appointment. I am using a borrowed car. I have to go back again tomorrow because I couldn't get in since I was late. (Due to their wrong directions.)

If you're ever looking to do business with money grubbing loan sharks, use Americredit first.

•   Jun 16, 2008
    AmeriCredit - Cheaters
    www.americredit.com

I made payments to AmeriCredit Financial Service in Texas for my auto loan. Having the car 10 months (I did miss a few payments) but the payments sent $2675.00, only 462.00 went on my car. 10 months wow I paid 46.00 a month on the auto. Financed 15, 550.00 owed 15, 082.11 after 10 months...they cheat you ...I used Pinkham Lincoln Mercury Dealer in KY. Guess they are bad too. How can a company get by with this, no one can be trusted I guess when we purchase or repair things what to do.

•   Jun 16, 2008
    AmeriCredit - Don't do business with them
    www.americredit.com

I too was one that was told that differed payments would simply extend the contract. Now they state that the contract has expired and sent a repo company to pick up the vehicle. My balance is $1600 which they refused to take payments on, they want a lump sum. Each time I call I get a different and as you might expect I get a different answer. They are rude and threatening and apparently change their operating polices frequently. I would not encourage anyone to do business with Americredit. They are the most dishonest company I've ever dealt with.

•   Jun 18, 2008
    AmeriCredit - They are unethical
    www.americredit.com

Americredit called my home at least ten times a day. I had a five year loan and the last year of the loan my car was reposed even though I had been making a smaller then normal payment. I had paid over 20, 000 dollars. My balance was less then 3200.00. They are a very dishonest organization. And they take advantage of the little man. I think that everyone should be forewarned about this company. Please do not take out any loans through americredit or you will regret it. They are truly unethical and need to be investigated for fraud.

•   Jun 30, 2008
    AmeriCredit - It is a rip off company
    www.americredit.com

I had to deal with Americredit like so many others to help repair my credit. That was a big mistake, after paying for the car for about 3 years, the car was in the shop. Americredit sold the title to the repair shop without notifying me and is now trying to get the funds from me for the entire purchase of the car. Can you believe that! I am still working on fighting this meanwhile my credit is worse off than before because of this. I would love to start a class action lawsuit against this company now. It is the only way to get something done.

• To
      Jul 14, 2008
    AmeriCredit - Unfair Practice /Rip Offs
    americredit.com

I am 15 months into a 72 month payment plan on a car loan. I recently requested a payoff from Americredit and to my surprise. The payoff payment is more than the loan and asking price on the car. If I would of known that the car dealership was involved with Americredit with this unfair practice I would of never commited to the deal. I am $5, 000. into a $11, 000. car loan only to be slowly suckered into paying more. Americredit sucks they'll get what they have coming to them.

Jul 17, 2008

Your husband should stop killing babies in Iraq and a get a job that pays your bills

• St
      Aug 16, 2008

WHy isn't anyone filing a complaint with the better bussiness bureau. I have because, I am in the same situation. They need to be investigated because, here in pa calling 8 times day is illeagal and consider harrassment. Everyone needs to take a stand because, you know your rights stand up for yourself. They are nobody..

Stacey in Pa

•   Aug 31, 2008
    AmeriCredit - Rip off
    americredit.com

In July 2017, my father was coerced into buying a 2017 Tahoe (LS) that he didn't need by a local car dealership(he already had a 2017 Silverado) I called Americredit when I found out they were the one financing the vehicle to tell them that the vehicle was over priced (38, 000.00 for a LS model) and that they should not finance the vehicle, they told me that they could not renege on a deal and it was my father fault that the dealership had lied and presented the vehicle as LTZ because he went along with it and there was nothing they could do. Sadly my father passed away this year, he had a massive heart attack while trying to rush to the phone to answer it and for what, a call from americredit. They would call approx 10 times a day even before a payment was due and harass me and him about a payment that was coming due telling him the payment had to be there day it was due (They called it reminders) Since his death I've tried to secure the vehicle as my own due to sentimental reasons, but they tell me they cannot refinance but they still take my payment every month but today informed me they had placed a pick-up request for the vehicle. My question if you're going to repossess the vehicle and get very little for it, why not let me buy at book value and I'm told I could only purchase it for the amount that's left owed on it. How stupid do they think I am, why should I pay 35, 000.00(the balance) on a 2017 vehicle when the top of the line 2017's is less than that. At any rate I think the car dealership and Americredit was in cahoots with this over priced vehicle and they harassed my father to death and now trying to play strong arms with me. They need to be investigated for calling before 8a.m and after 9pm at night also.

•   Oct 09, 2008

I was laid off from my job in August. It was 6 weeks before I found another job. Naturally we got behind on some of our bills (including our car loan with Americredit) We have desperately tried to catch up. We are currently 1 month behind now. These other horror stories really have me worried. Americredit calls my home at least 8 - 10 times a day, even on Sundays, which really makes me mad. I finally told the lady I was tired of them calling, there was no need in 8 times a day. I have children who go to bed early. They have called as late as 9:00. I'm not trying to get by without paying, it is going to take us a little while to catch back up. Why can't they understand that?

• Ca
      Oct 10, 2008

I am sorry that this is happening to you. They don't want to understand. They, quite frankly, don't care. Don't be surprised if they come and repo it right out from under you and then come up with some enormous fee for getting back. I was the one who had the problem with my title. They are a horrible, unethical, unsympathetic company, that is only interested in money and finding anyway they can to get more out of you. They think they are above the law. I think we all learned a lesson about dealing with them. Good luck with your new job and I hope everything goes well.

•   Oct 24, 2008
    AmeriCredit - Auto payoff went up $800
    P.O. Box 183834
    Texas

After I got my truck loan in late 2017, I began making large monthly payments, or when ever I had extra money. After making the large payment, the next monthly statement said no payment was needed for that month, so I calculated my payments in advance to March of this year, when I was to receive a large sum of money, and planned to pay the vehicle off at that time.I make a lump sum payment in july 2017, that should have taken me to march of 2017. I regularly checked the payoff on the truck after each payment and it had dropped to $7379 and stayed that way for months., but in january I received a statment saying I had to make a payment or have it reported to the credit agency. I couldn, t make the payment so they deferred two payments till march, after asking me if I was going to pay the loan off when I got my large sum, which I said probably. In march I made a standard payment, but when I checked the payoff, it had gone up $800, and when I questioned them about it, they said it was a simple interest loan. I don't understand how a loan can increase when you make regular and large payments to get the loan DOWN. Can you please help, as I can't get a straight answer from Americredit.

• El
      Oct 25, 2008

I am just starting to have some dealings with Americredit and I think you are right. I think they are very unethical and should be put out of business.

• De
      Nov 07, 2008

I totally disagree with this. #1 its a new loan and most of your payment will go to interest, thats normal. #2 based on your interest rate (hello AmeriCredit is subprime--> this means YOU dont have the best credit) the amount of 4 that will go to the interest and principke will differ and #3 if you don't pay on time you will pay penalties--> addtional interest ..late fees etc --> thats in the contract . I think maybe you need to read your contract and learn a little more about auto finance before YOu ever purchase another car. If anything by not making the payments you agreed to YOU are cheating companies.

• De
      Nov 07, 2008

Looks like you needed to read your contract. Anyone knows that a payoff will include all principal and interest as well as any addtional fees you have incurred. Of course its more then the asking price of the car--> there is this great thing called INTEREST thats added on when you finance anything--> its always more then the price on the window at the dealership. Maybe you need to read the next contract you sign .

Jan 31, 2009
    AmeriCredit - Harrassment
    Camp Hill
    Pennsylvania

We get up to 20 calls a day from Americredit for a loan we don't even have. We have told them that we do not have any loans through them and they still call. Today alone since 8:30am I have recieved 5 calls from them. The numbers they call from our electronic anwhich tells you a representative cannot be reached on this number. It is harrassment and they should be able to be sued for this. I'm looking into it. They call every day even after telling them that we are not the people they are trying to reach.

• We
      Feb 28, 2009

I agree you dont have to get amonth behind, youcan be a week late they call everyday and all day, I try to gat an extension one time the told me they, could not give me one, they could change my due date, some time i just dont answer the phone

• Mi
      Mar 11, 2009

My girlfriend had an agreement to pay an amount of money with them to keep her car from being re-possessed, and then they took it from her driveway the next day. They did not have any recollection or notes of the previous day's agreement. Now they are telling her they are going to have the car towed to the east coast for a car auction and charge her all the entire expenses. This company is a rip off artist. Don't do business with Americredit.

Mar 24, 2009
    AmeriCredit - Awful company
    americredit.com

Okay, so here is what happened. About 4 yrs. ago my husband and I went to Linnahan's to look for a newer car. We traded in our older jeep for a 2017 Jeep Cherokee. We were accepted by Americredit and took the jeep home.

We made our first 3 or 4 payments. I always got the payment statement in the mail, but never really looked close at it. We just payed it every month. When I looked closely on day I noticed the interest was $350.00 and the principal was about $44.00, I almost fainted!!! After that we continued to pay because we had no other option, we had been taken. When we signed for the jeep this was never presented to us!!! We would of walked in the blink of an eye!!

So about 2 yrs. later, the 4 wheel drive in the jeep was not working and a couple other big repairs needed to be done. At this time we had had our 3rd. child and I was not working. Only my husband was working and his hours were cut back due to the winter months. We were behind 1 1/2 payments and getting calls from Americredit all the time. We came to the conclusion we could not afford the jeep, so we volunteerly turned it in to Americredit. We should of kept it!!!

Americredit sold the jeep for $6, 100.00 at an auction. After they sold the car and deducted it from the balance, we still owed just about as much as we did the day we signed the papers at the car dealership!!! Pretty sad uh?
    We are still continuing to pay of the jeep. It is a huge headache. I wish that all of this would of been presented to us at the time of the sale. To us this seems like loan sharking!!!

We are pretty certain Americredit will get away with screwing us over. My wish is that anyone thinking about buying a car, get every piece of info you can and read every single line of the fine print. If you do not understand something, ask! Demand to know the interest rate and what the payment will be. Most importantly research the lender!!! I have read so many [redacted]s about Americredit it is so sad!!! We were stupid to sign the papers and we are still living with that mistake. Thanks for listening.

• Fe
      Apr 15, 2009
    AmeriCredit - Mistreat their employees
    4001 embarcadero
    americredit.com

I am a former employee of Americredit this company is the worst company to work for, there is no stability at this company, they move their employees around like cattle, the supervisors are the worst because they are kids in grown up bodies, the AVP of collections are ###s, they want you to ask these customers ridiculous questions on why they are past due and set up these post dated checks that are illegal, this company is headed for bankruptcy thats what they rightfully deserve. I feel sorry for the employees who are there now, these people have families and circumstances that have to keep them there, they ask you to work all of this overtime for holidays then once its over they nit pick just to get rid of their employees. Most of the customers that these employees have are so rude because their credit is jacked up and their dumb ### signed a contract with an interest rate high as hell and then want to take their frustrations out on the rep because they realized after the first month they cant afford the vehicle. i just wanted to speak my peace

Apr 21, 2009

Totally agree with you and so sorry about your loss. I'm myself am very unhappy with this company. They do call to the point of harrassment, 7:15 in the morning the other day and almost 10pm, yes my payment was late, I admit that but it always get paids and I have also had them calling before a payment was even do their "reminders" when like I told them I have the email setup and don't need phone calls. When I first got the loan they were calling me job on a regular basis for more and more information even though I asked them to contact me either at home or on my cell they still just called the work number. I want out but I love my car :(

• La
      Apr 26, 2009

I had to email them and let them know I had lost my job, but was working on finding another and would catch up as best as I could. They replied thanking me (for letting them know) and informed me that I would still receive calls. I truly hope they don't come and get it, because it's almost paid for and would hate to have to start over.

May 07, 2009
    AmeriCredit - I'm Disabled & they lied, killed our credit forever ...
    Americredit Financial
    Texas

I bought a 99 Ford Escort ZX2 Sport fully loaded in 2017 and never missed a payment. In 2017 my wife and I bought her a 2017 KIA SUV and again never missed a payment. Then the totally unexpected happened. The docs told me I had two degenerated disks in my back and had to be replaced with titanium disks. Well long story short, surgery did not go well and I can never work again.
    So I called Americrud and explained everything to them and I wanted to surrender my Escort. They told me that would be ok and would not go against my credit and I would not owe anymore on the car.
    The next year we had to give back the kia as well (both vehicles were voluntarily given back) and again was told the same thing.
    About a few months later we started to get notices in the mail and harassing calls all hours. No matter how many times I explained it all to the "rep" they just didn't care and was not shy about being loud & rude.
    They have crippled my credit to this day and threatened to ruin it for the rest of my life unless we pay them $20, 000.00. To me that seems like extortion for our credit back.
    We are still trying but just don't know were to turn anymore. If there is a class action against them please let us know. Or if there are any lawyers willing to help please let us know. PLEASE!

• Gg
      May 07, 2009

While I feel badly for the writer, the fact that they cannot work and voluntarily surrendered the vehicles certainly does not alter the fact that they are still as obligated to pay for the vehicles as they day they signed the retail installment sales contract. Nothing in their promise to pay was based on "if they could". Anyone entering into a loan has the complete responsibility to look ahead and determine "what if the worst happens, what will we do?" If they enter a loan and have no savings to back up such emergencies, they ought to purchase disability insurance to protect themselves.

This is just another example of how this country's economy got into the mess it is today. I do feel badly for the writer, but it is not AmeriCredit's fault, nor anyone else's . They are responsible for the deficiency balance, but in time will be able to restore their credit if the act responsibly with their current and future obligations.

May 11, 2009

Hey Mike,
    Run as fast as you can from Americrud. Try to any, good luck with that!
    Darren

• Me
      May 12, 2009

im having a problem with americredit to. they are charging a hidden fee of 6. something percent per day of the montly payment plus a late payment. they said it was in the contract. i never signed a contract and requested that they send me that contract that they say i signed stating i agreed to a second fee on top of my original interest. contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com

May 19, 2009

I will join

•   May 28, 2009
    AmeriCredit - Texas State Attorney's General Office
    Texas

Please complain and send letters to Texas State Attorney General's Office.

There are over 300 complaints on this site complaining about Americredit and bad practices. If everyone sends their comments and troubles with this company to the
    Texas State Attorney General's Office, they cannot ignore but investigate these complaints. They will have to clean up shop or be put out of business.
    Comments should also be sent to Washington and the Consumer Advocacy Group who watchdogs "Credit Card companies" and financial institutions.

Companies like Americredit - better be cautious with the Obama Administration, they cannot be allowed to florish in an economy like this.

Class action lawsuit should also be considered, the dollars that they stole from hard working citizens will be paid back in one form or another.

• Ed
      Jun 13, 2009
    AmeriCredit - Additional Charges After payoff
    edaniels

In 2017 we bought a car that is financed with Americredit. Shortly, a couple years into the loan, i got sick and was put out of work. I am currently on disability and it has been a struggle to make the car payments, but we are now down to four. When I called in yesterday to make my payment, the representative told me he needed to give me a heads up and that after the last payment is made in September that we will have an additional $4000.00 to pay off in 120 days and that they will not give me the title until it is paid.I thought we were finally gonna be able to breathe a little, but no they have charged interest and penalties that I was not aware of and now at this point I am not sure what to do. Has anyone else had this happen to them and is there any way to fight it? I am so upset at this point, not sure what to do. Please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com if you have any suggestions.

• Fa
      Jul 03, 2009

Get better credit... you got jacked because your fico score probably sucks ###.

• Fa
      Jul 03, 2009

be careful of deferred payments, they charge you on the interest and even after the grace of paying the last 8 months or whatever you defer and are being charged interest on top of that, you are still stuck with a balloon payment of the remaining interest which typically they will NOT extend for you to pay off.

Be aware, americredit is like a loan shark, if your credit sucks, your loan is gonna suck.

• Su
      Jul 03, 2009

Run, don't walk, away from sub-prime lenders. It is a slippery slope of which you will never escape.

• Sh
      Jul 22, 2009
    AmeriCredit - 3 yrs later I am still dealing with them!
    New York

About 3 and a half years ago after being paid up on my payment, and having to borrow money from my parents to get paid up, I recieve a phone call from my parents that someone was at their house taking my car. They sent someone to take my car after I had just got of the phone with them and set up future payments to be taken out of my account. When my Dad tried to get my things out of the car they told him that by law he was unable to get the things out and that they had to by law send me my things via UPS with-in 48hrs. I had many things in my car such as 4 cases of cd's, all of my softball equipment, a tent and sleeping bag from camping the weekend before and clothes and a braclet from Kay Jewlers with diamonds in it. I never received any of my things back and when I called them to see what was going on, I got, oh-our mistake, we will bring it back to you. Mind you they did this in the middle of the night and woke up my whole neighborhood. The car was also broke down for the 5th time since I had had it, and I told them just keep the car and wash this clean and send me back my stuff. Now, three and a half years later they are saying that I owe then over $7000 and the car wasn't even worth that much, they are reporting a bunch of stuff on my credit and just making life hell for me after this was all supposed to be taken care of many years ago. I also was not able to get any of my things out of the car. They have caused a ton of issues in my everyday life and if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know!

• Dr
      Nov 16, 2009
    AmeriCredit - No integrity or honesty
    americredit.com

My wife and I purchased a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica in October 2017. When we divorced in March 2017 she was awarded the car and was ordered to take over payments and refinance. By May she had not made a payment. I was told by Americredit I had to be paying for it, which I understood but I really thought she would refinance.

I got the car back in May 2017 and was approximately 4 or 5 payments behind. I worked to catch up the payments and was one payment behind when I was involved in a car accident on July 10, 2017. The car was totalled. I paid my next car payment which meant I was still one payment behind. The insurance company sent Americredit $7, 400 towards the car leaving me with the balance of about $4, 000.

Americredit began calling me three times a day so that they could get the one payment I was behind. I asked them why the $7, 400 that State Farm gave them did not at least catch that one payment up since they did recieve a large sum of money. They stated that in order for it to cover the one payment it had to come out of my pocket.

I then recieved a letter informing me that I had 20 days to send Americredit $4, 400 or they would be taking legal action. I attempted to work with them but they want the money in full.

I am a single dad of two young boys, work full-time, and am a full-time college student and Americredit is a company that is only in the business to rip people off and to lie to their clients.

• Si
      Feb 02, 2010

I opened a loan with Americredit 3/19/2017 for 22, 318.90 with a monthly payment of 517.00 for 72 months on a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. I have nothing but trouble from the onset with this company. They post payments late then they charge you the late fees that never seem to come off of your account. I recently acquired a copy of my credit report and found that I have 12 months straight of late payments with Americredit a few times even showing 60 days delinquent. I am no Einstein, but I know that any other finance company would have reposessed their property by now. The truth is I have not paid my note on time every month, but I have made every payment everytime, and never -ever -ever missed 2 consecutive payments. I have paid $700, $800, $661, so on and so forth to makesure that my payments were sufficient to satisfy my debtors. These people are just evil and the consisitenly violate the laws regarding fair debt collecting. They have called my home 4 times in a day then my cell 2 times and even my job phone several times in that same day. The law allows for 2 calls if I am not mistaken. They harrass their clients ungodly. I recently checked my statement online and discovered that I owe another $158.60 late fee for my February payment. Here is the catch thought today is February 2 my payment is not due until the 15th does anyone else see a problem with this, and my account is current with no payments outstanding. I swear they are just making this stuff up, I have problem paying when I owe something but I believe they are trying to charge people for phantom occurrances to keep them in these over interest, over blown loans. I have paid over $11, 000 in payments but I still owe $19, 000 on a loan that was opened 2 years ago for 22, 000. That my friends makes no mathmatical sense. I can only deduce that I have paid $8, 000 in interest. In other words if they were to reposess my auto today they would have made their interest on the loan and retaken the auto, then sent it to auction, made some more on it at aution, and then sent me a bill for the difference of what the auto got at auction versus what was left on the loan, and this is legal, are you freaking kidding me. I believe a class action Lawsuit is in order, as individuals we do not have the power to fight these kinds of financial rapists and they know it, but as hundreds or thousands of angry well organized and well represented Americans we can hit these offenders in the only place they will feel and understand it; their wallets.