AmeriCredit Financial / they illegaly repoed my car

About a month ago, I was on my way out the door to go to work, I said bye to my wife and son and headed out the door only to find my car gone. Shocked I got ready to call the police when my wife said to call americredit to make sure that it was not taken and upon calling them my account number was invalid and had already been removed from there computer. Appearentley the account was 86 days past due when my latest payment was two weeks prior to the reposestion. When I asked them how much it cost to get it back and they said it was roughly 1400.00. They also said that I had 5 days to pay or it was going to auction. So I scrambled to barrow the money from family members because this is my only car and when I finally got the money several hours later and payed them, they told me that it was in a tow yard 50 miles away. After I payed they told me that I could go pick it up and everything was good, so I barrowed my moms truck, drove down there only to find out that they lied once again and I had to have a repo release from my local sheriff's dept. So having no other choice, I drove back home got the release and drove back to get my car. My car had already had all of my possesions removed ready to be auctioned. When I got the car home and I called americredit back to see if they would deffer a payment to compensate for all the miles of driving and the 1400 dollars I had to pay, they had the nerve to start bugging me about what date I was going to have my next payment in. I am extremley fed up with them and would like to sue them but I cannot afford a lawyer let alone have the time to take them to court. I am at my wits end with these people and I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Va
      28th of Jul, 2008
    AmeriCredit Financial - refused to work out payment to stay on track
    AmeriCredit Financial
    americredit.com

The company is making a fortune on the backs of those who are trying to resolve debt. It must be owned by attorneys who really know how to make the vulnerable bleed. They have repoed my vehicle (I told them to come take it) but it has remained in my yard for 2 weeks I should charge them rent. One payment late and they send out the attorney letters and they bill you for their time. This country supports loan sharks. They have so well recovered any risk they take it is ridiculous. It takes people without any morals to operate this kind of company.

• Va
      22nd of Oct, 2008
    AmeriCredit Financial - Scam and cheating
    americredit.com

After five years of paying a chevy astro van with americredit sometimes late we also talk to representative of the lates for payments we got never repo in those instances but short of the last 3 payments my vehicle got repossesses and short after the vehicle was redeemed and paid in full.

That was in may 2017 and was reported to the credit bureaus as repossess when it should of been paid close still equifax has it reported as repossess and also trans union and my credit report scores keeps going down specially equifax. I am in the process of buying a house and they are questioning this as an explanation of why is repo if it is paid in full.

• Kl
      15th of Jan, 2009
    AmeriCredit Financial - Totally heartless
    Americredit Financial

Americredit I think is a non american company, why after with them almost 2 years I became disabled.asked if they could defer i mayment they said no. I explained my situation but it did not matter.I asked if was a american owned companyshe said that was not irreavant.so there for once my loan is payed off never again amricredit.your only intrsted in one thing money not people you may hurt. I do not know where they got the name americredit but it should be called evilcredit.and thats the truth. please exuse my spelling but you get it i am sure god bless america.

19th of Nov, 2011
    AmeriCredit Financial - Car loan
    Phoenix
    Arizona

Talked with Americredit on October 27, 2017. I am 5 months behind on the loan because I haven't been working and no money coming in. I have struggled with the payments for 3 of the 4 years I have had it. (The last 2.5 years I have been living in it). I asked them where they wanted me to drop the truck off at. "We don't want it back" I was told. I made a $80.00 payment to put 2 payments on the back end of the loan, telling them that I don't know when I can make another payment. On October 03, 2017, I started recieving calls - up to 7 or 8 a day - about how the payment is due NOW. They even called a friend in another state about all this.(They got my phone numbers from facebook - go figure!!) I refuse to take their phone calls as I feel this is harassment and they just don't get it. I really want to know where to drop the truck off at, but they "Don't want it".