Americast Porcelain Sink / Never expected this new sink to crack or chip

We have a double Americast porcelain sink which was installed in our remodeled kitchen approximately 7 yrs ago. Over the past 10 months, the top ridge of the sink has been cracking a rusting and the back lip where nothing touches it has chipped off porcelain and is cracking and rusting.

I would like to know what Americast is willing to do to make this right. Kitchen sinks should last at least 20 yrs or more and we would have never expected this new sink to crack or chip especially where nothing ever makes contact with it.

I would like to hear from Americast about what can be done to correct the problem.

Please respond to this e-mail. If you need something in writing, please provide your address, etc. and I will be happy to do that for you.

Disppointed,

V.L.
New Hampshire

Vl

More Americast Porcelain Sink Complaints & Reviews

Comments

12th of Jan, 2007

Approximately 10 years ago I personally install an American Standard "Americast" kitchen sink; I install it according to the directions. Over the last couple of years, the enamel on the front lip has begun to chip, starting from the bottom of the rim. I talked to an American Standard representative, and was told that the sink was not install correctly, and that there was nothing that could do about the problem. This appears to be a "pat" answer that American Standard uses for this problem. I have decided that their "Americast" sinks are inherently flawed, and consumers should be aware of the problems they present.

12th of Jan, 2007

I read both complaint about Americast kitchen sinks, as I have the SAME problem. So when I called customer service, I was asked to send email, with case number, and include relevant pictures. I took very detailed close up shots of the damage, but also of the rest of the sink rim, showing the presence of the still bonded adhesive caulking. I told them the type and grade of sealent used,(industrial, adhesive sealant approved for wet locations)place of purchase, and approximate age, also that the sink was installed by a licensed plumber. My warranty replacement was approved the next day, and they have contacted me to make sure they get the right sink out to me. I know that in filing warranty requests, it is very important to make it stick the first time, so I would urge those who need to file a claim to do the footwork first. I sent them bugs-eye view of the sink rim the rusted and the not rusted, so they could see that it was installed properly. They say my claim is approved and a replacement will be sent out right away.