Americash Mortgage Bankers / Use them at your own risk

1 450 Apollo St. #EBrea, CA, United States Review updated:

I tried to refinance my mortgage through LendingTree.com. I was contacted by Americash Mortgage Bankers. I got its Good Faith Estimate with a good rate for 1.5% point. But during closing, there is an extra 0.75% discount point which the loan officer never disclosed to me during the whole loan process (a month). So use Americash Mortgage Bankers at your own risk.

There is another complaint to the same lender 14814 at this site.

Va

Comments

31st of Jul, 2008

We have reviewed this complaint and we have attempted to contact this customer to resolve and they have not gotten back to us. According to our files there was a fee to buy down the rate and this was not a fee to Americash. The customer elected to obtain a lower rate by using a discount fee.

It is very important to Americash that we resolve any and all issues.

Chad Church
    Americash
    800-483-6565 ex 356

• Lh
      1st of Aug, 2008

No, it was not true. There was no attempt. I did not get contact so far coz I was the customer.

• Da
      13th of Aug, 2008

This is exactly what happens. I just got all the way to docs and you guessedit. We have a problem.

• Bi
      16th of Oct, 2008

I had a great experience with Mark Denton and Americash. They were up front and communicated the process. Thanks Mark and Thanks Americash.

• Ru
      13th of Jul, 2009

I worked with Clark Kirby and after being lied to by 3 other companies, yes Mr Kirby told me that would happen we went back to Americash loan funded in 3 weeks no hiccups at all and while loan was going thru rates dropped a bit and Mr Kirby took .375% off the fees this was unexpected since we were already happy with what we were getting. I see them as a 5 star lender the easyiest loan we have ever done

• Sl
      3rd of Sep, 2009

I am still trying fix my refinance that closed 6/16. Americash did a bait and switch at the last minute, dropping half of the requested escrow account by removing homeowners insurance without notifying me in between the final GFE and closing, and not collecting all funds required, so that my payment amount and closing costs appeared smaller. Clark Kirby used high-pressure tactics to push me into closing, and it wasn’t until afterward I became aware that he had removed my insurance from escrow without notifying me. I was in my cancellation window, but he assured me it would be easy to add back in, or he would handle it for me. I wrote a letter and spent and many hours on the phone to straighten it out. Initially, the servicer, GMAC, agreed to add my insurance in, but wanted an extra $993 to do so. GMAC wants a two-month payment cushion in my escrow account that Americash neglected to account for in closing. Americash’s oversight raises my monthly payments $43 a month from what was represented by Americash in GFEs and closing documents, and is $43 higher than my initial mortgage payment and leaves me without insurance included in escrow. It appears that Americash made a mistake and that GMAC didn’t initially realize it, and didn’t account for their mandatory “cushion” until they closely analyzed my escrow account after I requested insurance included in escrow as initially requested to Americash. Despite numerous e-mails to the president, Chad Church, for help straightening my refinance out, I still have not received help.

• St
      16th of Mar, 2010

I used the same company Americash, sale Mortgage Professionall and he was super, a few hiccups but he fixed them being self employed my income is a little hard to prove all in all loan went thru in 3 weeks and fees and rates exactley what was quoted

• Im
      7th of Jul, 2010

I had a similar problem with Americash (So Cal Office). They stated one rate and tried to slip another one by me. I caught them in the act and they stated that the rates moved up (when they actually moved down for the rest of the world). Would not use them, beware of the bait and switch with this company.

• Da
      5th of Apr, 2011

I'm not sure if anyone has had a more recent experience with this company, but I thought they were good to work with. They gave me a good rate and didn't ever change it on me. I chose to buy my rate down a little because I am planning on keeping this loan for a long time. The fees wern't as bad as I have experienced in the past (I have had my fair share of bad experiences). The whole process only took about three weeks from when I got them all of my pay stubs and everything. Anyways, just thought I would take the time to let everyone know my experience.

• Tr
      14th of Jun, 2011

Great Company

• St
      15th of Jun, 2011

Hmm ive used them numerous occassions and never had an issue like this. maybe a 5 minute hold on the phone but thats about it