Americas Value Channel / $5000 credit not refunded

1000 Laval BoulevardLawrenceville GA 30043, GA, United States Review updated:
4.6
Phone: (678) 518-5911

These people received a return from me (a $5000 item) 45 days ago and acknowledge receipt but have not credited my credit card and seem to have no intention of doing so. I am furious. I've received 2 credit card bills and have to pay interest on an item I returned on 22 Sep 08.

Awful company; I will never do business with them again.

Even the customer services rep told me to sue them; she said all she gets is complaints like mine. This is absurd.

Comments

Ex
  16th of Nov, 2008
Jane,

Contact your credit card company ASAP and dispute the charge. Explain to them that you returned the item and still have not been refunded your money. The credit company will place that charge on "hold" status and stop all interest until the dispute is resolved. Your credit company will require proof from you that the item was returned so hopefully you saved all postal receipts.

Good luck to you.
Jr
  23rd of Nov, 2008
How can you have two billing cycles in a 45 day period???
my credit card company is roughly every 30 days and if you think about it, shipping time etc. How long did you keep the item before you decided to return it?
I'm just saying if they have the item in their hands they should credit your account.
My credit card company would handle any dispute for me if I ask them. have you tried that?
Pe
  3rd of Dec, 2008
I ordered a loose stone in March 2008. It was an awful stone. I returned it as directed by them. I have called numerous times just to get "it should be credited back to your credit card within 5-7 days." They don't return calls or answer the phone, you get put on hold. I can't begin to imagine how much in long distance calls I have paid for. As of 12/03/08, IT STILL HAS NOT BEEN CREDITED BACK TO MY CARD ACCOUNT. Call the Better Business Bureau and listen to the complaints about this so called company. They are a bunch of thieves!
Ge
  31st of Dec, 2008
Jane
This might be helpful to you Jane: According to the show announcer, the head buyer and partner of AVC is from the second longest running family business on record. See below.

The multi-store independent inductee is Clayton Bromberg of Underwood Jewelers in Jacksonville, Fla. The scion of Alabama's oldest business and second-oldest continuously running family retail establishment in the United States, Bromberg & Co., Bromberg has run Underwoods since 1988. Highly active in the industry, he has served on the boards of Jewelers of America, American Gem Society (AGS), Jewelers Vigilance Committee, and is a past president of AGS.
Call Clayton at his store. Maybe that will get their attention.
Bo
  8th of Jan, 2009
I too have had the same problem with America's Value Channel. It has taken months to get a refund on a returned item. I consider them very dishonest and refuse to order anything further from them. Their Customer Service representatives rarely answer their phones, when they do they're of no help but will tell you anything to get you off the phone. Beware of buyiong anything from these people.
Jo
  16th of Feb, 2009
If you are continuing to have problems with AVC not refunding your money; you can contact the Georgia Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs. Between this and other consumer complaint sites, there are dozens of complaints against AVC. There are enough complaints made against AVC to warrant an investigation.
Su
  20th of Aug, 2009

Americas Value Channel - products returned, no refund
americas value channel
1000 laval blvd.
Lawrenceville
Georgia
Phone: 866-518-5933

THIS COMPANY IS A COMPLETE FRAUD. I HAVE FOUGHT WITH THEM FOR OVER A YEAR TRYING TO GET REFUNDS ON MERCHANDISE RETURNED. THEY SAID THEY DID NOT GET. BULL". THEY SENT ME A CHECK FOR A VERY SMALL PORTION OF WHAT WAS OWED. I HAVE PAGES OF TELEPHONE CORRESPONDENCE, RMA NUMBERS THEY GAVE ME TO RETURN ITEMS, AND COPIES OF ORDERS. THE LAST TIME I TALKED WITH THEM IT WAS ABOUT RED ANDESINE THAT WAS NOT DISCLOSED AS BEING TREATED. THEY GAVE ME AN RMA # TO RETURN GEM. WHEN I CALLED SEVERAL WEEKS LATER TO INQUIRE WHEN I WOULD GET MY REFUND THEY SAID THEIR GEMOLIGIST SAID IT WAS NOT TREATED AND THEY HAD RETURNED IT TO ME. LO AND BEHOLD WHEN I FINALLY GOT IT BACK MY PKG. HAD NOT EVEN BEEN OPENED. STAMPED TO LATE TO RETURN. I GUESS THEIR GEMOLIGIST HAS X-RAY EYES. WHEN I CALLED I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD NO LONGER TALK TO ME. THEY WERE DONE. SO HERE I SIT APPROX. 1200.00 IN THE HOLE. " DO NOT BUY FROM THIS CO." BURNED AND DISGUSTED. AND BY THE WAY, THERE OWN CUST. REP. TOLD ME THEY WERE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF RIGHT AND LEFT AND SHE WAS TIRED OF BEING SCREAMED AT BY ANGRY AND DISGUSTED CUSTOMERS.
Na
  27th of Aug, 2009

Americas Value Channel - products returned, no refund
nhol901987@yahoo.com

now over a year ago the company still has not returned money, contacted me (after many calls and messages) proof of returned items, nearly $4500 still in this criminal company's pocket--stilll on air--still ripping people off--still getting complaints-- SAY CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT WITH ME -contact
Ki
  17th of Sep, 2009
I too am currently being ripped off by this company. I ordered a ring, did not like it and sent it back the end of June 09. They acknowleged receipt and "approved" a refund. However, I am still waiting. Like a sap I gave them a little over two months to credit my American Express credit card. After 2 months and one week I called Amercian Express to dispute the charge. I was told that it was too late for a dispute. According to them by the Fair Credit Act, or whatever, I only have two billing cycles to file a dispute. Well, I was one week past that when I called. Consumers can not win in this world!!! I have called AVC almost everyday and still can not get any satisfaction. They rush you off the phone or say "it is being worked". Yeah, right.
Av
  4th of Nov, 2009
I am very sorry this happened to you! At least they gave you a RMA. I made the mistake of purchasing close to $30, 000, when I called for an RMA they never answered the call or messages I left. I called the sales person asking what was going on as I knew I only had 10 days to return the so called $30, 000 of "goods." This began in July of 2008. In November of 2008 I with Chase MC finally reached the customer service department and they apologized that they had not answered my requests of an RMA but they only had 2 people working and just didn't get to my call. Then they wanted apprasails, which put one item at $5, 000 but AVC gave me the great price of $22, 000 saying it's worth was near $80, 000. Once they got the apprasail they claimed to much time had passed and too bad so sad. Chase attempted to work with AVC and just this week said they could not help me as AVC would not respond to them. So now I am contacting Direct TV and their web hosting provider as well as the BBB and the Georgia Attorney General's office.
I suggest you do they same. Also if you look at their website they have credibility by havinig 2 gem associations endorsing them. I suggest you contact them as well.
Good luck, and don't let them get away with their scams.