America's Servicing Company / Awful service!

1 P.O Box 10388, Des Moines, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-4300675

We've been paying our mortgage since this company took our mortgage on time. But it was only beginning of this year that the income was very tight and we required a little help. My friend told me that their mortgage company gave them a 2 month break just to be back in track, and that's w/out interest at all. So that gave me an idea to try it with our mortgage company.

I called today, but unfortunately i was told that their company don't do such a thing. The only way they can help us is to delay the payment and then they will submit us to collection agency. We don't want to be under collection agency, we are asking for a little break. Don't they even have any compassion or heart to help those in need. I've read a lot of complaints about this company and we totally agree with them. As a matter of fact, we made a very big mistake of refinancing. We use to be under Countrywide and this broker name Anita Adams called and gave this all nice offering about how we can make our mortgage better but it was the reverse of it.

We wanted so bad to lower down the interest rate of our present mortgage but because of the bad economy we were forced to used our credit cards to meet our needs and we think that's the cause why our score went down. But were never late and we made sure that all our debts are paid on time. It was only during the beginning of this year that we started to have our financial difficulties.

We hope you can help us in our situation, and we hope that this company learned better ways to accommodate their clients and not choking them. We understand its business, but in any situation there is always consideration and solutions.
Hope to hear from you and thank you very much for your time and your website. At least our voices can be heard, thanks a lot!

Comments

21st of Aug, 2007
    Americas Servicing Company - Poor service!

When my husband and I bought the house, we loved our mortgage company. But like always it was sold to these crooked people. A year later my husband was injured at work. We could do it on my income alone. We filed bankruptcy and they are making us pay for there attorney fees and late fees and other fees. Did I also mention that we have not grace period now either. IF my payments are not there on the 1st of each month they will foreclose on our house. What a bunch of ingrates. It has been the worst experience ever. I wished that I still rented!!!

27th of Aug, 2007

We have a similar case that we are going thru right now. We purchased wind and hail insurance, payed for it yet asc have added the amount to the escrow which we have to pay again. I know it is wrong and every representative we have talked to has different reasons about the issue, they do not know what they're talking about.

• Mi
      6th of Sep, 2007

My mortgage was sold to ASC last yr. I have never had a late payment till last month when my ID was stolen. The sad thing is that I called ASC to check on my direct deduct payment because the ID thieves had used the account from which I pay my mortgage. The person I spoke to was very helpful and told me my payment went through and that I was not to worry. I asked the ASC rep. to notate my account per our discussion, and she said she did.

The next thing I knew I had 2 hits on my credit report for late payments. I called into ASC and the rudeness began. After which they asked me to mail in a hand written explanation for them to review.

Its just too hard for me to continue because this situation has really changed the way my family and I live. I can no longer refi my house becos of their practices... gotta stop here it hurts too much.

17th of Sep, 2007

I had my mortgage loan with GMAC mortgage when it was sold to America's Servicing Company. The first payment due to ASC was July 1, 2007. On July 3, I was called by one of their collections representatives, telling me my payment was overdue and I had assessed late charges already. I tried telling her that due to the transfer/sale of the loan, I would not have late charges on my loan for the first 60 days of the loan. She got very belligerent and started yelling. She said there was no such thing and I already had late fees assessed. I again tried to explain to her, but she started yelling again and I hung up on her. I hit redial on my phone and the number went to a private residence. I called their Customer Service number and talked to a rep there and told them what happened. The rep apologized but could not tell me who had called me. He said they might out service their collections but that I should not have even been called by their Collections department, but should have received just a "courtesy call."

Last month, I made my payment online. When I got my loan thru GMAC Mortgage, I was told that they don't often sell their mortgages, but mine was sold off 8 months after I got it. With GMAC, there were no fees for making payments online or making them over the phone, however last month, I find out that ASC charges outrageous fees for payments done both ways. Seems that checks are more paperwork and manpower than online and direct debits. In addition to the outrageous fees they charge, I found out they "accidentally" set my escrow account up incorrectly and I wasn't getting any interest on the balance in there. On top of that, I got a letter from ASC, telling me that I had to have a minimum of $832 extra in my escrow account at all times and said that my deed of trust said the mortgage company could request this. I have never had a mortgage company doing this. I called ASC about both issues. They were supposed to be sending me the paperwork showing where they could request a minimum extra amount. It's been 3 weeks and I'm still waiting. As far as the interest on the escrow, they said it could take 45 days to figure out.

12th of Oct, 2007
    America's Servicing Company - Poor service!

We fell behind on our mortgage due to loss of job. But once I got back to work, we called ASC and they put us on a payment plan that we have followed to the letter. We just received a letter stating that we now owe $13,410.98 which is several thousand dollars than before we started the payment plan.

We were told that if we followed the payment plan we would be up to date in Febuary. This is unfair!!!

• Di
      13th of Oct, 2007

I refinanced my home I purchased in 2-88, and this loan sold 3 times from 8/6/-06 to 10/1/06. First, Citinet, Option One, and now this riff-off company. I can never get the same answer two different employees, either in Customer Service or Loan Mitigation. They are trying to raise my mgt pmt from 1143. to 1579./month, based on paying my homeowners and real estate twice. I applied for their loan modification program (of course) when I requested their application. Gee Whez, the forgot to put the application in the envelope. I have been asking for 2+ months for a recap of my escrow account as they double paid both taxes in insurance in 08/2006. I still have not received that info, and I have until 10/17/2009 to overnite $3000.00, just for them to consider my application for the modification.

The first woman I spoke told me that it takes 35-45 days for approval and no monies would be collected until the modification is/maybe approved. Then they tell me 3 days ago I have to have the money up front. I do not trust this company, that is owned by Wells Fargo Bank. Which I was one of their customers for a long time, and was surprised that they solisitate their own customers. Also ACS says they do not have my loan/escrow documents or copies of the tax assessors' billings. So where do they pick these numbers from. The loan mitigation rep said that the $3000.00 is refundable, should I not be approved ( which is what I expect them to do). But I'm one step ahead of these people.(I hope). Plus harassing calls, even after I had just talked to them looking for 2 answers the same from this unethical company. I think a class-action suit is in order!!!

14th of Oct, 2007
    American's Service Company - Poor service!

After reading all these complaints. I feel for all these people. I swear I got a headache just reading about this company. I am not a victim but unfortunately my poor dad, his loan is manage by this evil company. I don't understand why the government is not doing nothing about it. If supposedly the SEC had investigated New Century and Ameriquest for fraud. Is SEC also looking into this company as well? Or are they doing everything according to procedures and regulations? I wish people do a boycott in not purchasing homes. I swear here in Southern Orange County the prices are ridiculous and to top it of you have to deal with companies like ASC. I think this is a serious issue that needs to be address to someone.

I cannot believe the complaints on this company. What is the point of getting a loan with a certain mortgage company when later on its going to end up with companies like ASC. If it wasn't for the consumers this company ASC will not be in business. Just like we are bring them business we can also put them out of business.

God bless and hopefully things get better for homeowners. :)

• Da
      15th of Oct, 2007

Last year I they sent me a letter stating my Flood Insurance was too low. They said my minimum had to be $182,00 to cover my loan. This year, they said my property was expired in July, when it didn't expire until Sept. Now they sent me a letter stating that my flood Ins. again is too low.

I called them and asked what the minimum Flood Insurance is required for my home, and they said $182,00. But beings that I now have $200,00. In homeowners, I either need to lower my homeowners to match my Flood or increase my Flood to match my homeowners. I think it's time to re-finance through a reputable Mortgage Company

Keep in mind this is the same company that takes a week to process payments.

David Ford.

• Cy
      16th of Oct, 2007

My husband & I fell behind in our payments (our fault) so we did the repayment plan & received a letter in Sept 07 that we we all set then 2 days later we get a letter stating that our loan & seriously deliquescent. My husband called & asked what happened they told us that the payment we made in Sept for 1630.00 the 1300.00 went to fee's! We were never told this & the girl @ ASC was very rude & really didn't have a clue!!! Now we can't refinance b/c of this When we thought we could. I am hoping by Jan 08 we can get rid of them & just to let everyone know when you refinance you can request that your mortgage CAN NOT BE SOLD!!! Trust me we will be doing this!!!

• Ro
      19th of Jan, 2008

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH KATHY AND UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU JILIAN AND MARLA....I DISAGREE....
    IM A ASC CUSTOMER....AND HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS, I HAVE NO COMPLAINT ABOUT THE COMPANY OR THEIR CUSTOMER SERIVICE, THEY HAVE BEEN GREAT AND I HAVE APRECIATED EVERYTHING THEY HAVE DONE!!!

JULIIAN......YOUR COMMENTS IS VERY...UHH...HOW DO I PUT IT...FUNNY? LOL....ARE YOU GONNA GO ALL CALL ASC AND TELL THEM ERIK AND KATHY HAVE POSTED THIS ON A COMPLAINT BOARD?? HOW DO U EVEN KNOW THEY WORK FOR THAT COMPANY.....??? EVERYTHING KATHY POSTED ON HERE IS VERY VALUABLE INFORMATION.....ALL YOU PEOPLE JUST HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR ARE REALLY GETTING INTO WHEN BUYING A HOME...THIS IS NOT TO BASH ON ANY OF YOU.....BUT JILIAN THINK ABOUT EVERY POINT KATHY MAKES IN THIS COMMENT....IT MAKES SENCE!!! ASC DOES NOT HARRAS THE CUSTOMER...IF YOU HAVE A COLLECTIONS REP CALL YOU AKING WHERE YOUR PAYMNT IS....THIS IS NOT HARRASING YOU!!! IF YOU DONT WANT THEM CALLING YOU...JUST PAY ON TIME!!!

AS TO MARLA....JUST BECAUSE YOUR WORK IN THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY...THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU KNOW "EVERYTHING"....IM ALSO IN THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY AND HAVE BEEN FOR MORE THAN 17YEARS.......AND YET THERE ARE STILL THINGS I LEARN ON A DAILY BASIS.....
    AS TO PEOPLE NOT FOLLOWING THE CORRECT PROCEDURES......WHO'S FAULT IS THAT??? ITS NOT THE SERVICING COMPANY'S FAULT.....IS IT THE CUSTOMER FAULT?? OR IS IT THE MORTGAGE REPS FAUL BECAUSE THEY DIDNT INFORM THE CUSTOMER WHAT THE CORRECT PROCEDURES ARE???,,,,,YOU SEE..THIS INS A CIRCLE...THERE IS NO END TO THAT ARGUMENT....
    AS TO PEOPLE WHO "COULD HAVE BEEN HELPED IN TIME".....THERE ARE NO EXCUSES.......PEOPLE WHO "COULD HAVE" BEEN HELPED PROBABLY DIDNT SEEK HELP UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE.....OH...AND ITS THE COMPANY;S FAULT......LOL....DONT BE RIDICULOUS....

LIKE I SAID ASC'S CUSTOMER SERVICE IS OUTSTANDING.....I KEEP WELL INFORMED OF EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS ON MY MORTGAGE ACCOUNT......I CALL THEM AT LEAST 2 TIMES A MONTH TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OKAY.....
    AND THAT WHAT WE SHOULD ALL DO, NOT ONLY WITH ASC BUT WITH EVERY MORTGAGE COMPANY .....AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG,,,,OR THERE'S AN ERROR....DONT CALL AND BE AN ### ABOUT IT WITH A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP, TALK TO THEM AND LET THEM KNOW WHATS GOING ON...THEY ARE THERE TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND CHANGES AND EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR LOAN!

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE.....AND IF SOMEONE IS MISTREATING YOU AND HARRASING YOU...MAKE A COMPLAINT WITH A SUPERVISOR OR A MANAGER...OR TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE...........
    THIS JUST SEEM LIKE AN UNGOING COMPLAINT PAGE ABOUT ASC..............U SHOULD JUST BE INFORMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gl
      25th of Jan, 2008

do anybody know if it is really a freeze on arm loans?

• Do
      13th of Mar, 2008

I read this article carefully and am offended that apparently you think all of these people are uneducated or lazy. I read everything before I sign and personally I don't care for asc. I don't really have any problems but I would like to be able to pay online without a fee as I have always done in the past with our other holders. I sympathize with these people who have legitimate problems and I must say our payment has been lost by the company more than once( sitting in a lockbox I bekieve I was told) This is certainly not as easy to straighten out as you would indicate. If I had my choice which I don't I would not use this servicing company.

• Ta
      19th of Mar, 2008

same hapend to me, i bee asking them to waive the late charges... I pay every month, but i pay late... we also have financial problems.
    They send me to a "helpline" but they said "I am sorry mam... there's nothing we can do"

• Ka
      20th of Mar, 2008

I don't normally post messages on line but after reading the stories on this sight about America's Servicing Company, however, if my story helps even one person, it will serve it's purpose. I fell victim to ASC/Wells Fargo request for a payment of over $3, 000 to Suspend my Foreclosure during my Loan Modification review. Prior to making the decision to sending them the money, I specifically asked several of their employees if my money would be refunded if a Loan Modification could not be worked out and/or if I was unable to pay the modified loan amount. I was told "YES". so like a fool, without getting it in writing, I sent them the money. Upon Approval of the Loan Modification, my payments INCREASED over $400 per month, which I cannot pay. I then, requested a refund of the money I paid. I am now bing told by ASC Loss Mitigation, Wells Fargo Collections, Wells Fargo Legal and Liquidation department they would never make a statement like that, the payment I gave them is "Non-Refunable". Had I known this was the case I would never have sent them the money, as it was all the money I had in the world. After seeing everyone's comments here, it is very clear that ASC / Wells Fargo is taking advantage of distressed homeowners situations.

• Do
      10th of Apr, 2008

First off, Kathy Weller. you are an idiot "JUST IN TIME" service that ASC provides it's customers is their only means of paying your payments online, whether they are the first of the month or the last day of the grace period, it's a $10 to $20.00 charge for the ability to pay online. Funny... I do all the banking and bill paying online and the only company that charges me a fee for actually giving them a direct wire transfer of funds is ASC and GMAC. Which is F-ing ###. You are paying online so they (A) get their money fast, (B) it protects you against a lost or stolen check in the mail and (C) from me having to write a freakin' check to being with and pay our lovely america worthless postal system who rips us off yearly with increases for crappy service a FREAKING STAMP that is .50cents. Give me a F-ing Break!!!
    BTW, if you call in your payment to ASC they charge you a $20.00 dollar fee for a phone call payment, I think that they must mistake themselves for TICKETMASTER!

Now, complaints on holding payments to make them late, Definitely happens with ASC. I can tell you that I've made payments by phone direct debted and by internet and receive a confirmation number (they even ask you if you want the payment applied to your account today) I say YES always. Then the payment doesn't hit my account for 3 more days, which they when they are giving me a confirmation number they are applying a late fee after they note the money in there account, not when I've received the confirmation number which states that my payment is accepted and should be noted on the account, that instant.

Then there is the issue that ASC taking over mortgages from other companies, yet claiming your owe them money for a payment before they took over your mortgage, but they weren't the note holder. They should know this, especially when I have a letter from them and option-one (previous mortgage company) stating when I'm to make my 1st payment toASC. If ASC needs to get it's money mid-month before they took over a loan, they should know who in the hell the acquired the note from and go and get their damn money instead of harrassing it's customers for payment and then
    forcing a foreclosure on them. Unfortunately for them I won my case only to have them LOSE another personal check that came with a Cashiers Check, threw the attorney they hired to represent them, so don't give me this ###, that they don't screw up bigtime. Because they've been ###ing me over now for 2 yrs and they still won't make amends for their mistakes and mishandling.
    If any of you want to band together on a Class Action Lawsuit I'm all for it.

7th of May, 2008

I have been trying to get a loan modificaion since March 2008.

I have faxed information twice. They were suppose to send me forms to fill out regarding financhial status. They have told me on three different occassions they had sent the forms. I have not received them yet. Supposedly the forms are in the mail. The last time I called they told me to make up my own.

They are either overwhelmed with work, or whoever is in charge of mail is not doing their job. I know the US Postal Service does not take two months to deliver mail.

I wish I knew what to do.

• Pa
      22nd of May, 2008

I am going through the same thing with ASC on top of my husband having two major strokes at 44. They are horrible, they do not work with you, there has to be something that we can do, right now I want to pull my hair out. They say I am behind on my payments, which I am not, I get so many different answer from them, there are incompetent.

• Va
      12th of Jun, 2008
    Americas Servicing Company - Poor service!
    Americas Servicing Company

Wow! Didn’t know there were that many out there having the same issue with ASC. We, just like the rest of you, started our loan modification well in advance so that when it came time our modification request should have been handled. Of course when we started calling about the progress we were informed that all we sent in was out dated, since they sat on it for 3 months.

We went ahead and sent everything in again and in the meantime we were told NOT to make a payment if we couldn't make the new payment. I was told that late charges would not incur nor would it be reported to the credit bureaus. I have since then re-faxed our information 2 more times and was told they were expediting our request and would soon be assigned to someone. Calling again and again... We were also told to make some kind of payment and we were never going to be assigned to anyone.

Well to no avail I still tried one more time after waiting again for the time line to pass only to find out that our file was closed. I believe that if I could walk into the office my concern and want to have a house over our 2 and 4 year old children might actually sink into someone’s brain.

We have not had a single mark, late, or default on our loan and apparently means nothing. Maybe we should all get together for a class action suit!!!

• Ka
      22nd of Jul, 2008
    America's Servicing Company - Poor service!
    America's Servicing Comapny

Some of you may have seen me on msg boards like this, anyway I am going to tell you a little more about my situation with the great ASC... My house was going into foreclosure, like everyone elses, long story how we got there its was 50/50 fault, so we filed for chapter 13 and got back on track with our motgage payments, then Febuary 2008 our interest rate went up 1.5 % ($311) may not sound like a lot but it was when they never added tax and insurance in... Well we asked if the would do a modification on the loan in I thought March, they say May, either way we didnt get a letter from them till July 19th, Letter was dated July 11th . The Auction on my house was today July 22 @ 1pm So I called first thing monday am and did exactly what the letter said (in part) "...or to file for an extention you have to fax a hardship letter and finacial statement to us with in 10 days..." OKAY so I did. I faxed it over monday AM. I called about 8pm that night and they said they received it and to call in the AM (tues) to find out if the extention went thought. SO I DID, they bounced me around only to tell me nothing had happened as of yet to call about noon remind you the auction is suppose to take place at 1pm.. SO I called yet again at 12:30 to get bounced around a little more and I got SAMANTHA again (who I originally talked to on monday am) and she was such a ***, she said nothing was signed, which im sorry but there was this glimmer of hope and so little time to get everything faxed I did forget to sign it... She and the other people I talked to said that it usually takes 48-72 hrs for the extention... GRRR SO my *** is WHY DID THEY EVEN SEND ME THE LETTER!!! and tell me I had 10 days! My house is gone... and I except that.. but it infuriates me that they would even send that KNOWING that it takes 2-3 days for an extention to go though.. I know alot of you out there know what I am going though and by the looks of it there are going to be a lot more!!! I should add that I didnt get the letter untill the 19th becasue of the foreclosure we were having our mail held at the post office because we were moving... GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THESE SERVICING COMPANYS!!!

• Re
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.