America's Servicing Company / Awful service!

1 P.O Box 10388Des Moines, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-4300675

We've been paying our mortgage since this company took our mortgage on time. But it was only beginning of this year that the income was very tight and we required a little help. My friend told me that their mortgage company gave them a 2 month break just to be back in track, and that's w/out interest at all. So that gave me an idea to try it with our mortgage company.

I called today, but unfortunately i was told that their company don't do such a thing. The only way they can help us is to delay the payment and then they will submit us to collection agency. We don't want to be under collection agency, we are asking for a little break. Don't they even have any compassion or heart to help those in need. I've read a lot of complaints about this company and we totally agree with them. As a matter of fact, we made a very big mistake of refinancing. We use to be under Countrywide and this broker name Anita Adams called and gave this all nice offering about how we can make our mortgage better but it was the reverse of it.

We wanted so bad to lower down the interest rate of our present mortgage but because of the bad economy we were forced to used our credit cards to meet our needs and we think that's the cause why our score went down. But were never late and we made sure that all our debts are paid on time. It was only during the beginning of this year that we started to have our financial difficulties.

We hope you can help us in our situation, and we hope that this company learned better ways to accommodate their clients and not choking them. We understand its business, but in any situation there is always consideration and solutions.
Hope to hear from you and thank you very much for your time and your website. At least our voices can be heard, thanks a lot!

Comments

• Ro
      30th of Aug, 2006

I received a letter from my existing mortgage company who stated "according to the terms of my mortgage you are required to maintain insurance coverage for your home from windstorm and hail". Upon reading my mortgage, it says nothing to the fact. I am in the process of paying off this mortgage and the existing mortgage company has placed "forced insurance" for windstorm / hail. I have disputed with them and they insist I must pay it, even though it was not required according to the original mortgage.

Beware people!

9th of Sep, 2006

I was just informed that my mortage payments just doubled. I am trying to refinance my mortage to save my home. According to the company my taxes were paid without my knowledge. Also forced insurane has been added to my mortage.

• Da
      16th of Sep, 2006

America's Service Company is a dishonest and lawbreaking company that I have just reported to the Massachusetts Attorney General and the U.S. Banking Commission.

My experience as a mortgage holder with this company was nothing short of that of any crime victem. Hope everyone has the opportunity to refinance out of this corrupt group.

1st of Oct, 2006

They are telling me that I owe them about $150 more than I do. They can't explain why I owe them more and they keep saying that they are sending me my payment history which will supposedly show why I owe them more. Well, after 25 days of arguing with them and repeated requests for my payment history, which still hasn't shown up, I am now in the position that I have to pay the extra amount or I will be reported as being late on the payment. My interest rate and escrow amounts are unchanged. Their phone monkeys are idiots and uncooperative. I am now forced to refinance to get away from these crooks.

• Vi
      3rd of Oct, 2006

I have had my home for 3 years exactly and I have never been late on my mortgage until I refinanced and switched banks to Fremont Investment and Loan never been late with them either they sold my loan to ASC in february of 2006. Never was informed that my loan was being sold until i received a letter/packet in the mail at the end of March say that I have paid my mortgage for two months, I sent Fremont my February and March payment to only to have it returned to me in March. They have been reporting lates on my credit report to this fact and I have called wrote letters and sent letters to there corresponding department and credit agencies and still havent produced any results pertaining my late status and now I am selling my house and can't get a decent new mortgage else where because of some of there personal dropping balls all over the place, now I have to rent for about 60 days until My credit score goes back up in order to purchase my new home..... I feel the pain that the previous complaits have, its unfortunate that we have to go thru these changes... from as it was put "crooks/idiots".

• Ji
      11th of Oct, 2006

These knuckleheads don't know their left hand from the right. I sent them numerous faxes and overnight mails in an attempt to save the property from foreclosure. No one seems to know where the documents went and no one cares to follow up about it. But they are very active in making phone calls to tell you yur payment is overdue. Avoid these ###s at all costs. they are worthless. I am still trying to do the same and no one knows where the last fax went and are asking for more of the same they already received.

2nd of Jan, 2007

I would like to assist everyone with america's servicing company... Firstly in regards to the lady who's loan was sold to asc in feb... This is a common practice with a lender. Loans are sold all the time! Under the respa law when a new company acquires your loan you cannot be assessed a late fee or reported to the credit agency for 60 days! It is a federal law! Also if your taxes even fall 1 day delinquent your mortgage payment can pay them! They hold an enforceable lien against your property! If your home goes to a tax sale they loose the lien so naturally they pay them! They send 2 letters telling you to pay the taxes! If not it is valid to escrow. You cannot wait until a month after they pay them to say oh well you cant do that i will pay them! If you did pay them and they force place escrow it is not because they are crooks! They received information at some pt that states they still haven't been paid from the govt! If you are escrowed. They force place for one year to ensure they don't have to waste their time paying your taxes all the time! The only way for a payment deduction is to pay what they paid out then your payment will have what you owe for next years taxes. The main reason that most of your payments are high are because you have arm loans! They are popular but expensive at this time! Read your federal document(note) before you sign it! Your home must also have homeowners insurance. If not it is force placed. If you have homeowners it cannot show a lapse or asc charges for the lapse! It is legal! If you have insurance and they force place this is common! Its because they don't have your info! Fax the declaration page to their insurance dept! It will be resolved within 5 business days!

• Se
      23rd of Mar, 2007

Wow! I went on the internet to search for their website and came across this website. I'm so surprised. Why would do this? I'm glad I came across this website. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on them especially since my mortgage loan was also sold to them.

• Mi
      24th of Mar, 2007

ASC is an absolute bunch of ###s. I faxed them proof of homeowners insurance back in December 2006 yet they still escrowed insurance into my mortgage in April 2007, claiming they didn't receive the fax. Evidentially their fax machine deposits the faxes directly into a paper shredder. I call a representative and explain my situation, then she asks for my agents number so they could call the agent, I'm thinking everything is ok... NOT!. They still screwed up so I call and explain everything again, telling what the first representative had said. This representative however told me that they do not call insurance agencies... now I'm ticked off. Someone is not telling the truth. I contact my agent and they fax a copy of my insurance. Finally I get a notice from the insurance company ASC uses and they state that they are canceling my insurance because I have sufficient proof of insurance since June 2006. Now that I have payed almost $1300 in escrow for insurance that I already had I am about to battle for a refund of my hard earned money... I want to hear what lame excuses this half assed , underachieving company tells me now.

15th of Jun, 2007
    America's Servicing Company - Poor service!

I became behind on payments because of marriage break up and trying to support five children on less than a grand a month. I got served a few days before Christmas as if the holidays already didn't suck. I sold my car but couldn't get the full amount up to reinstate the loan. Then a young girl in the neighbor hood lost her house so I finally got the courage up to call them again. The were nice, I faxed them a letter explaining the hardships that I had been facing and filled out the work out package. While trying every avenue in the state of Florida for help and believe me they don't offer any. I was flipping out thinking the kids and I would be out on the street. Then a friend of my mother's who is a millionaire came forward and offered me ten thousand to catch it up. I spoke to someone and sent them the cashiers check and was told to make the first payment in August. Well yesterday nearly three months later, they sent the check back. Mind you the lawyers office already dismissed the court action. I have no clue what to do and I don't want to lose my kids. If anyone has a suggestion please email me. I can't even find a number to reach someone there to discuss this. A Realtor told me that they may want to refinance the loan to a lower payment and thats why they sent that back. I have rec'd no information only the check in an unmarked envelope.

• Ka
      28th of Jun, 2007

Re: Americas Servicing Company

This is to all you folks who really don't seem to know a gosh darn thing about mortgages and I am here to enlighten your lives with a bit of information, especially if you are all over the internet trashing america's servicing company. Lets start with the facts first.

#1 when you sign documents at closing, you need to be reading what you sign and if you don't understand it, ask questions. After all isn't that what your forking out the big bucks for the attorney and the title company for?

#2 Just because you have an escrow account , doesn't make you exempt from having the responsibility to provide proof of your insurance if your loan is transferred. Wake up folks, its still your loan and your insurance. Lets grow up and be responsible.

#3 For all the complainers who say I didn't ask for my loan to be transferred to you people, but did you ask at closing if your loan would or could be transferred or read the documents that said indeed you will?

#4 Be educated on what a SERVICING company actually is. A servicing company is a "servicing "company ,which means ,they collect money. The fees that you pay to make phone and internet payments are called JUST IN TIME payments, it is a convenience to be able to pay last minute. How many places do you know where you can call and make a payment on something the very last day for free? I don't know of any, all credit card places are the same. People act like they are forced to pay the fees to make the payment. HELLO, your mortgages are due by the 1st of every month by the terms of your note. You want to make your payment for free then mail the darn thing or get on auto withdrawal. What it really boils down to , is that your mad because you really cant afford the mortgages that you have. Its called living above your means, getting over your head. Its all part of the greed in the world that gets us all in trouble now isn't it. Servicing companies DO NOT make the money on the interest of your loan, that money goes to the investors who gave you the loan to begin with, so when you get harassing calls to collect your payments, you are flaking out on the wrong people , you need to call the investors and whine to them because the whole entire and only reason lenders have servicing companies , is to have them do the dirty work and COLLECT MONEY, when that servicing company fails to collect money seen fit by investors, guess what, thats when your loan is getting moved again. Just imagine how beautiful it would be if everyone paid on time and was grown up and responsible, then maybe your loans would sit still along longer huh.

# 5 Missing payment complaints. I love this one. IF in the event a payment was cashed and didn't post to your loan, then you have a legit complaint. But that can be traced and will be located and applied. But for those of you who sent payments , claimed it was lost, but wasn't cashed, then fail to make up the payment in 2 more months , then get reported... then who's fault is that really? You don't keep up with your checking accounts and balances to notice the money never was withdrawn? You are complaining because you had collection calls and wonder why they are calling then claim you never knew the payment didn't post. Come on people, no one is buying that story. I would know quite fast that the payment was not taken from my bank account, because i don't have millions of dollars hanging around in it. Then there was talk of how ASC would hold on to payments and purposely make them late. That is ridiculous because the more you call to complain about something to a company cost money, i don't see where that would make sense. Payments go through lock boxes and you have 16 days from the 1st to the 16th to get a payment in without a late fee. So when you are advised processing can take 7-10 days and you have 16 , then lie and say you mailed it real early and the envelope scan from the post office shows you mailed it on the 10th, how do you expect the payment to process in time? The reason the processing takes 7-10 days is because try and imagine a lock box who has several clients they process mail for on a daily basis, and imagine on a daily basis 10.000 payments come through. Do you think you could process that mail all in one day? If so, then you need to be in the lock box business

# 6 When you call the servicing company that handles your loan and curse and act like its the representatives fault for what is happening, and the first thing the rep thinks is that you need bipolar meeds, try and talk it out with them in a civil manner. you are much more likely to get help or an explanation when you are nice , after all they are just there trying to a make a paycheck like the rest of us and most of them are very nice and I can tell you that I wouldn't want to take 100 calls a day of insane people.

#7 You sign into a pre-payment penalty ,regardless of what someone told you at origination or lied to you, you signed it your stuck with it. You would have read the paper and signed your name to it. That part still is amazing to me. A lot of people don't even know what kind of loan they have, what an escrow even is , or their interest rate. Are you kidding me? Maybe these are the same people who are filing complaints , because they definitely seem intelligent enough to understand their insurance and taxes and be responsible with their payments... don't you?

# For those of you who truly had real problems that were totally no fault of your own, that does suck but so there for is life. You have to remember there will always be victims in large businesses due to the amount of loans they actually have . Think about a million loans to take care of. The variable of life is almost certain there will be problems and the problem ratio is actually very low considering how many loans are serviced.

It really comes down to educating yourself, do your research online first before you jump into loans and homes. Don't go over your head. Live modestly. Read your papers . Don't be like little kids at Christmas, who just cant wait until morning to tear open the gifts. Be adults, be responsible for yourselves, your bank accounts, your mail, Its time to grow up and stop blaming others for your slacking. Is your cable, gambling, smoking, drinking, car payments more important than where you live? Where your children live?

• De
      11th of Jul, 2007

We pay our mortgage on time every month and every month we receive foreclosures documents. We pay our taxes separately and they escrow funds for our taxes without an agreement to do so. I have paid approximately $ 10,000.00 in late fee's for current mortgage payments. When you call them, send them copies of all payments, etc., they say its cured and the next month i receive the same foreclosure notices. They should not be in business.

12th of Jul, 2007

No offense but for a company who assist subprime loans it sounds like these poor people have subprime customers. In order to not sound stupid I would recommend you guys read up on your loan documents before going crazy over this company.

• Ji
      28th of Jul, 2007

Wow by the information you and Erick have documented, I can already tell that you all harass the customers. FYI anything that is documented could be utilized in court. Everything that you have on here is a representation of the company you work for. My company would have me fired for putting the things you have on here. ex. insane people, bipolar meds. If your company truly believed in customer service, I don't believe you or Erick would be part of that organization any longer. Anything that you put down could be seen by the CEO or the President of your company. Just think would he be proud of what you wrote or would he feel as if you've damaged the company more by confirming the allegations?

• Ri
      30th of Jul, 2007
    American Servicing Company - Poor service!

I have repeatedly tried to contact this company to inform them of my mortgage payment status. When I call the number automatically transfers me, and then says it is "unable to transfer" then hangs up. I need to clear up my mortgage payments immediately to prevent foreclosure on my house, and have been unable to speak with anyone for WEEKS!!! This is in my opinion one of the reasons so many people have been put into this position... inadequate banks!

• Da
      5th of Aug, 2007

About a year ago I refinanced my home. I moved it from my previous lender I will call Mortgage Lender #1 to Mortgage Lender #2. Neither are America's Servicing Comany (ASC). Neither of my mortgage holders have ever had dealings with ASC and have according to them not released any of my info to ASC. ASC has made a false and fraudulent claim to my property and have begun foreclosure proceedings. Let me repeat!! _ They are not nor have they ever been my mortgage holder!! I have an attorney and we are suing for harassment and the PA Attorney General's Office of Consumer Protection is also involved. Complain loud if you are having trouble with this disgusting company!!

• Je
      8th of Aug, 2007

Effective July 1st, 2007 (ASC) America' Servicing Company forced insurance on our home increasing our mortgage payments monthly by $1,000.00 USD. That additional $1,000.00 they are charging only covers the dwelling with the limit of liability coverage of $182,000.00 for replacement of the home; which did not include any flood insurance. The annual premium amount totaled $3,399.00. On Friday, August 3, 2007, we purchased our own insurance costing us $4,600.00 annually from a company of our choice which also includes flood insurance; our insurance covers the dwelling for $204,000 as well. After placing a down payment of $1,900.00, we still have to pay monthly payments until the premium is paid in full. They are now telling me that i have to keep paying them the $1,00.00 until they receive a refund from the insurance company the had chosen for us and that we also need flood insurance for the same amount as the dwelling $204,000.00; that is unheard of even here in Forida. Now we can't afford to keep paying their extra cost every month and our cost for insurance and eat as well as other monthly responsibilities. It is as if they want people to loose their home. It has been nothing but drama with this company.

• Li
      8th of Aug, 2007
    America's Servicing Company - Poor service!

Because of my move from the state of Washington to Arizona, I never received the property taxes on a rental in Texas. When I realized my mistake, I paid the taxes last May. Not knowing the taxes were split into county and school, I paid the county taxes and sent an official copy of payment from Bexar County to ASC, after speaking with a representative of ASC. Within two weeks, I received a notice that they had not heard from me and would be opening a new escrow account on my behalf if they didn't hear from me in a certain length of time. Once again, I called ASC, told them I had sent them a letter along with an official copy of payment. They suggested I fax them a copy of payment, gave me the correct fax number, etc. I had Bexar County fax them a copy of my payment, all to no avail. A week later I received a letter saying a new escrow account had been set up since I was delinquent in paying my property taxes. I finally understood that the county and school taxes were split. I called the school district, paid the taxes and had the school district return ASC's money to them. Now, I am being sent letters from ASC stating that they had acted on my behalf and cannot close the escrow account. I am ready to take legal action. I have paid my taxes in full. I never gave them my permission to open another account on my "behalf." I have called them, written to them, faxed them information and still I feel like I am talking to a brick wall! What else can I do? Lili.

• Ge
      14th of Aug, 2007

Hi, We have fallen behind in our mortgage payments for a couple of months due to illness. They sent us a financial info form that we filled out and have been trying to fax in to them for several days. None of the fax numbers seem to be any good. Please help us smb. We have the supporting docs to our situation and would like to do a loan modification. We go into foreclosure after 8/15. c775a.

Advise smb!

18th of Aug, 2007

This is an example of ASC reps - This person is obviously ignorant of the true meaning of customer service. I am in the mortgage industry and have been for nearly 10 years in many capacities. What this person fails to understand is that the average person does not deal with any of these policies or procedures on a regular basis. It is our job to help people though the process. That is what fair lending practices are all about. We are not talking about a pair of shoes here.. These are people's lives and homes. Yes many people that fall into trouble because they do not follow the correct procedures.. and yes many people do not give this a high priority.. they are focused on other cares... THAT is where the loan servicer is supposed to step in. I work with people regularly who if they had been helped would have been able to get out of the situation. Unfortunately the attitude displayed here is what most people encounter... It may be true according to the letter of the law. However, if ASC would make a decent effort at including true customer service in along with the correct letter of the law, things on both sides would be improved. I have participated in conference calls with many of my clients to force the issue and have the rep explain concerns in laymen terms and have been astounded at how rude many of the reps were.

So Yes Kathy - your “legalese is correct”. But your ignorance is astounding.