America's Servicing Company / Loss mitigation!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I have been trying to work with this company's loss mitigation department trying to keep my house from being foreclosed on. Once I qualified for a loan modification they told me I would the paperwork for me to fill out and return to them in a couple of days, it has now been over a week and I have not received it. They also told me that by qualifying over the phone as I had done the foreclosure wold be stopped. I called again to follow up on the paperwork and now they tell me that even though I was signing up for the loan modification, that the foreclosure had not been stopped... these people are a bunch of crooks and liars, someone needs to put at stop to their unscrupulous business practices... they tell you one thing when you first call and when you follow up they tell you something else...

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Mi
      23rd of Jul, 2009

We had a similar experience with ASC. Turned us down originally for a bogus reason and then told us to start over with the process. While we were in the process of a second attempt they advised us of a sale date for the house. We went to a professional credit counselor and sent the mitigation proposal to them after they agreed over the phone to push out the sale. Ten days later we were advised the house sold that day at 10am with no notice. When we challenged this with ASC they said they never rec'd the propoasal even though the fax number was the same as we sent the first proposal to and also sent it with a second fax number to insure ASC would have not excuses. We are not going to have to move out of our home. I have never experienced and less professional organization that has absolutely no integrity in their business practices. We felt like we had to rights at all. We don't have the funds to file a suite but hope someone takes these thieves to task. Mike 408-210-4058

• 5y
      2nd of Dec, 2008

And why is it that the phone number is no longer in use? Just another scam? You also didn't state what you charge people for your service.

• Ly
      19th of Dec, 2007

My husband and I went through the same situation; the lawyer for this piece of a company would not respond to us when we attempted to do a short sale. They wouldn't respond to the other parties Realtor.

I am writing to the Attorney Generals Office and I feel that if enough of people write to this company, something should be done... When I went to the Foreclosure Proceedings the Judge didn't want to hear anything except do you have enough money to pay?

We invested $21,000.00 dollars and we are very upset...

Lynnette.