America's Servicing Company / GMAC mortgage and funds

I agree, they just assumed my mortgage from GMAC & I made payments to GMAC prior to 12/1/06. GMAC assured me via letter that any payments that I made during this transition would be applied as a payment with America's Servicing Company. However, since 12/15/06, I receive numerous calls at work and on my cell phone. I answered one of the calls & requested they don't call me at work & change the number & she said she can't do that. I need to find out where they are located & contact the better business bureau to report them.

I just found out from GMAC the funds that I paid were applied towards my principle and not my mortgage payment.

Ta

Comments

• Na
      29th of Jan, 2007

The day I found out that America's Servicing Company had purchased my mortgage, I knew was going to have problems. This company is known for having problems with receiving payments. The biggest problem is sending the customer the coupon or letter for the next monthly payment. I have written and called AMERICA'S SERVICING COMPANY about not receiving the letter with the coupon for next months payment. So far I have not received the letter with the coupon for the monthly payment.

According to AMERICA'S SERVICE COMPANY, they will mail you next months letter with the coupon as soon as they receive your monthly payment. I had received and posted on January 15, 2007 and I haven't received a letter as of January 29, 2007.

If this company keeps the delay or not of sending the letter with coupon by the first of the month, I will contact the Attorney General for the State of Kansas.

Narciso Luna

• Wi
      9th of Feb, 2007

My loan was recently sold to America's Servicing Company. I have read the [redacted]s and seen the pages and pages of complaints. What is being done about ASC. It is impossible to access a web site for them to make online payments. What can we do. Who do we turn to for help in this matter?

• Ro
      5th of Mar, 2007

Every since my loan as be transferred to ASC. I have problems after problems. They stated during my transfer period, I had a late payment and never did. They started a escrow on my account, stating I had a lasp in insurance coverage. I would like to know why nothing has been done about this company. I don't know what to do, and I am still having problems with this company about my mortgage.

• Ca
      6th of Mar, 2007

I found this page accidentally yesterday. I Googled ASC so I can find out about their prepayment penalties because I had my 2nd client of the DAY trying to refinance and get out of their loan. It looks like I will be able to help both clients and give them great benefits on top of their dissatisfaction with ASC. If anyone reads this and would like a FREE analysis to see if it's worth refinancing out of their ASC loan, feel free to email me or call me at 888-851-3513 ext. 148 and ask for Cary Newborn.

• En
      4th of Apr, 2007

My loan has been transferred to ASC about one year ago. Since then I am going trough a nightmare with mortgage. Almost every three months they have adjusted my escrow account. I am still waiting for an explanation. Their web site is always down. Last week I was told by one of the escrow agents that they do not read any note sent along with your bill. ASC is really a rip-off company.

• Li
      24th of Apr, 2007

ASC has attempted to force place insurance inspite of the fact that the insurance payment is made with my payment and they have been sent the insurance information every month for the past 4-5 months.

This business practice is clearly evidence that they have no regard for the Consumer Protection Act and that fact that there is already insure on the subject property.

I am quite certain the Washington State Attorney General would be interested and/or we could consider a class action suit to assist them in developing a more appropriate service level.

• Su
      28th of Apr, 2007

I have been trying to refinance a loan that my clients have with ASC since September 06, . The history of this situation will leave you completely dumb founded. " BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL " when refinancing your loan, you could find yourself in default or foreclosure, as is the situation with my client. She Had good credit until that time " NOT NOW".

When ASC purchases loans or has a loan transferred ( ASC is 3 or4 separate companies, in a dozen location in the US all operated by Well Fargo Bank ) they will not report to the credit reporting agency for 60 days , this loan will not show-up on your credit report.

If you send a VOM, it will not be returned until after the 60 days has run, " as was and is the case NOW ", at which point
    the loan " MY " reported as late , as in this situation.

I have been trying to work this out with ASC, but I get bounced around, from department to another. ASC has refused payments, given false information to me and the client, made promises and so forth, and as of April 25th, 2007 has started foreclosure. This is true, I have the documentation to prove it. " DON"T TRUST ASC ".

If you have had problems with ASC, please contact me at
    Sungohr@aol.com. Something needs to be done about this

Thanks
    Sunnie

• Br
      27th of Jun, 2007

My loan was recently purchased by ASC from GMAC as well. I had been sending GMAC payments twice a month, with a small excess amount to be applied to principal.

ASC completely messed it up. In fact, because I sent 2 payments a month, each "1/2" payment was put into what they call "suspense" as non-payment. Then, when the other half got there, they would put it all toward principal.

In addition, and now it's been 6 months, the last 2 payments to GMAC never were posted to my account. Over the last 2 months, I've mailed them 4 total payments just to keep even, or they said they would consider the account late.

I am about to refinance to a loan not quite as attractive just to get away from this company.