America's Servicing Company / Trying to make money off the consumer!

Just a few months ago my mortgage loan was sold to America's Servicing Company. I have always mailed my payments out on time and never had a problem with the previous mortgage company EMC. Now every month i have to call ASC daily just to make sure my payment posted. It seems to take around 15-20 days for them to post a payment. When i do call to inquire they tell me that it goes to a posting center, well this does not help the consumer at all. They gave me two options pay online and get charged a fee of $10.00 or pay by phone and get charged $20.00. It is my belief that they are intentionally trying to make money off the consumer either by paying the fees above or posting payments to your account late and charging a late fee. As i researched the internet about this company it seems that there are many complaints and lawsuits pending against this company and their practices.

Comments

• Do
      4th of Dec, 2006

This company is making people pay 18 months in advance for taxes and homeowners with the payments. I have sent in my tax papers, get this my home taxes were lower by 125.00 for the year and my homeowners was reduced. And then my home mortgage went up by 210.00 per month.. What is wrong with this picture?

Why does the banks think we are dumb enough to fall for this trick. I will stop my escrow, since i ask to add it, then the company will not earn money off me anymore... Where is the money going..

My taxes are 782.68 per year and they charged me 1867.85 per yr in escrow. Then my homeowners is 501.00 per yr and i was charged 518.0.

Something needs to be done about this situation... We all work hard to pay our bills.

20th of Jan, 2007

• Er
      9th of Feb, 2007

How do you find out if there are lawsuits pending in California?

I am interested if there are any "class action" suits in California against this ASC.

This company conduct seems deliberate to get more "fees" from borrowers.

• Je
      17th of Feb, 2007

I totally agree with all the complaints and i have first hand knowledge of the crappy unbelievable business practice. I have had all the thing happen to me that have been listed in your complaint section and i could not believe how many negative web sites there are out there. Try to find the company online is a joke and or a phone number that connects you to a friken human with a brain good luck on that note. I had to call the company that had my loan then trace them to 5 different states and still when i asked for a supervisor i got switched to the Spanish speaking desk. Lets all band together and burn down the company that screws you over and over again. American servicing company my ### yeah the provide on service screw the hard working American in the ###.

• La
      9th of Mar, 2007

This exact thing is happening to us. Our loan was sold to them in September, and every month we have had an issue with them posting our payments. I had my lawyer call, and was still dealt with with disrespect. We should ban together and file an official complaint to the BBB or whichever agency we need to in order to get someone to investigate their practices.

9th of Apr, 2007

I'm a victim of asc also. They are the worst company I've ever had to deal with. My mortgage was sold to them as well. I received a threating calls about foreclosure as well i felled behind in my payments because i had some surgery, and were on medical leave for eight weeks, i only missed one payment and a few days after that my payments doubled up, also i get phone harassments about my payments. I have sixteen days to make my mortgage payments but they call me every day until i send this payment in. Whenever i receive my mortgage bill it seems as if my payments haven't decreased, and I'm about to file a complaint with the bbb.

• Br
      9th of Apr, 2007

Sub: Bogus hazard escrow created, demanding me to pay $ 3600

The company created 4/07 an escrow acct. Said that they didnt know I was insured last year with State Farm. Policy 2/06-2/07. They say from 6/06- 10/06 they didnt think I was covered.

So now 6mos. later they put this escrow together refusing to remove it and saying I have to pay for it. I haven't had any lasp in coverage. They refuse to accept my new police with Allied Ins. Paid in full until 2/08. They said they got a partial refund on the escrow but I have to send proof of State Farm Ins. And then they will credit any money I over paid. But it takes months to resolve and I have to pay $3600, more on my bill. If I dont they will take the money from my principal & Interest payment. And make me go into default and also report to the credit bur. as late. Help pls!

• Cl
      12th of Apr, 2007

Sub: Terrible service, business and dumb employees

My finances mortgage was just switched from New century, a great company, to ASC April 1 and we are already having trouble with them. Since we pay all the bills online, I tried to register on their but they didn't have one. So I called customer service and they told me the loan # would stay the same just mail in my payment, because it takes about ten days for the loan to post so we could be in the system.
    I called back a week and a half later and just to ask why the loan wasn't posted yet.

Of course they couldn't give me info b/c I wasn't authorized, but they told my finance to call to give the authorization. He did, but then they said I couldn't use his credit card to pay his mortgage because it was committing fraud. Then I asked for a confirmation number if I paid and they said I couldn't have one. It's been 11 days since they took over our mortgage and we still haven't gotten any info in the mail.

• Ho
      1st of Aug, 2007

“My loan was also sold to ASC. They told me over the phone that there was no web sight where I could pay my bill. I never got my bill for December and it is not the first time that I have not received a bill. My payment was about $880.00 until they changed it to $1180.00 saying they needed more money for property taxes. I was already paying more than the suggested rate. I bought my house in March of 2005. I am thinking about refinancing with a good company. I was on the web looking for a web site to get tax information off it. I just hope they send me the information so I could file it with my taxes. The things I read here are scary, and I thought I was paying too much. I am more strongly considering the refinance option. D0es anyone know a good reputable mortgage company?”

• Lo
      9th of Aug, 2007

I agree with all of you ASC is a crappy company. Mine was also sold to them. Every month they are trying to charge me late fees. I send my payment on time but they have another company process there checks and it takes them two weeks to do it. So there fore its making my payment late to them. Its not my fault there other company takes so long to process it. I pay them 1800 a month. Like thats not enough. There always sending me stuff about foreclosure on my home because they haven't received my payment. When they actually have got it. Let me know how to complain on the BBB and I will. I think everyone should do this. Sounds to me like there doing a lot of people wrong.They also forget to pay my insurance. So it was canceled.

• Gr
      12th of Nov, 2007

Oh my, I thought I was the only one... I was paying my taxes in advance because they were saying that I don't have enough money reserve on my escrow that I need to pay in advance to cover the difference/missing..

• Li
      7th of Jan, 2008

Every month except for two I have sent my payment on time. However each month my payment does not post until after the 16th which then gives me a late fee. I have been complaining about this for months and now see that I am not imagining anything. I understand this company services people with bad credit however does that mean take advantage of us and make our credit worse. This company is horrible and their services are no where near perfect. I have read other comments. Where can I find information on the law suits against ASC? I would like to look into this future before this company puts me and other people in a deep hole.

• Or
      17th of Apr, 2008

I can't stand ASC, they do not return calls inwith 48 hours as they state. They do not try to help you in any way and they are rude and they never let you talk . Today I was actually on the phone with them today and they just hung up on me as I was talking. I feel like they are trying to scam me for more money.

Where can I find information on the law suits against ASC?
    Or info on changing mortgage company??

• Pr
      4th of Jul, 2008

You are all correct and something needs to be done about it. My mortgage was sold to them as well and they tried to foreclose on my property numerous times by trying to charge me bogus fees and etc. Also i registered on thier website to pay my mortgage online and when I go to pay it for some reason it doesn't take my password therefore i have to call to pay and be charge those outrages fees. Who can we complain to ? it's just too many people on here with the same issue...WHERE DO WE TURN I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!

7th of Jul, 2008

I feel the same way we were granted an arm, and for the first two years we had no problems the arm expired and the problems have begun. Because of the problems with ASC we have been thrown off our budget due to late fees and so on.

• Je
      7th of Oct, 2008

My wife & me are in the same boat. I just called the CT Attny General about them filing a lawsuit like the one they just recived 8.5billion from Bank of America(look it up) write your Attny General with enough complaints they will do the nessasary thing to bring these companys to there knees

• He
      26th of Sep, 2009

i agree with everyone on here about this sorry for and excuse mortgage company i have been with them for five long horrible years. i fell behind on my payments and they were already trying to foreclose on my home. the reps, arehorrible, nasty attitudes, and do not care if you loose your home are not. they are not trying to here anything you have to say. i want to participate in the law suite againist this company, and when they fall i hope they fall hard.reason being they didnt give us a fair chance so why should we give them one. also i have reported them to the B.B.B.watch out for this company they mean no good. they will hurt you instead of trying to help you i am a living wittness.

• Ar
      8th of Jan, 2010

I am a plaintiff in a law suit against ASC. I am located in California. If I win my suit, I want to turn this into a class action law suit. Is anyone interested in joining me?
    If so send me an e-mail confifming.
    Richard
    randerint@aol.com
    760-228-2660

• Lo
      21st of Aug, 2011

My husband and I got our loan sold to ASC 4 years ago. We had no trouble before them. But, they have 1/2 payment on the books then wait till we would get charged more interest and more service charges. We have been in foreclosure for 3 years. But now it looks like the are coming to the end.I have hired 2 lawers, both have taken my money and left me standing alone. Now I have to fight the fight alone, my husband passed in the last few months. i'm lost. I would LOVE to SUE the ###S. So if anybody in FL. is wanting to sue please let me know. LOST AND ALONE IN FL.

• Ju
      4th of Oct, 2011

So very sorry for the loss of your husband. After spending hours on the internet, I can see A.S.C. has hurt alot of people with their ruthless tactics. My husband and I are still fighting for our home and I wondered if you had found any relief from their thievery. So many have suffered at their hands but I havent seen anything recent and am hoping folks havent just given up and walked away from their homes. Please let me know if you've had any response for help or compensation. Thanks, Julie julie_phelps@att.net