Americas Servicing Company / Useful information

For those of you who can't seem to find help with ASC, their address is P.O. Box 1820 Newark, N.J., [protected] Their phone # is [protected], option 1 will connect you to their customer service, and their web address is www.mortgageaccountonline.com. If you make your payments on time by mailing in your payment, you wont have to worry about a fee. If you use their online service, there is a fee. Welcome to big business. I hope this is helpful to all of you, as it was to me. Respectfully.

Comments

Ca
  14th of Nov, 2006
America's Servicing Company - Loss of payment & documents

Like all of the other "victims" of America's Servicing Company, I too have been dumped into the hands of ASC as of June of this year. I had no problems what-so-ever with Fremont Investment & Loans. I received notification of the transfer from Fremont approximately 30 days prior to the transfer. Thank goodness it included contact information for ASC. I awaited paperwork from ASC, but it never came. I then called and was given a loan number. They told me that the loan was not set up yet, so I could not make a payment. I had to call back after the 5th of July, 4 days after the first payment was due. Then, when I called back I could not get past the automated system because it did not recognize the loan number. After DAYS of trying to reach them, I finally got through. They said they had no idea where the number I had been given had come from, and gave me another number. They also graciously offered to take a phone payment fo the reduced fee of only $15 since my payment was past due. ERGH!! I told them that I wasn't paying until I had paperwork to confirm that they had actually given me a valid loan number. They said that a statement had to be requested...they don't just print them out (?!?!). After repeated calls from ASC for collection, they finally sent me August's statement! So I sent a double payment via overnite mail. They received it on the 2nd, but did not post it to the account until the 11th! Obviously, I was livid! I called to speak with a supervisor to get it changed. Since that time I have sent everything certified with return receipt. Well, the saga continues. I just received a phone call from ASC wanting my November's payment. I have already received the SIGNED return receipt, and have tracked the mailing. They will not accept it. They said another company may have gotten it, so I needed to make an online payment for $10, a phone payment for $25, or pay for a stop payment and send them another check! Unbelievable! How is this company still in business? I think I am going to have to pay refinance fees just to escape them. The bad part is that there are no guarantess it won't end up back there again.

Pa
  27th of Nov, 2006
America's Servicing Company - Loss of payment & documents

I too have had nothing but problems ever since our mortgage was sold to ASC, It has come to me having to either overnight or 2 day mail my pymts so I at least have proof from the postal service that asc DID indeed receive our payments. They call us every month to tell us they didn't receive it and they will have to put another 100.00 on to the mortgage pymt. I constantly have to argue monthly and let them know exactly what time and day they did receive the pymt. Then they tell me "oh yes we do have it, it just hasn't been posted yet" our pymt is due the 20th of every month, here it is the 27th and they just called this morning and I had it out with them again. I seriously want to refinance just to get it out of there hands, I just wish I had a guarantee that it would NOT get sold to them again!!! This is the most unorganized, ripoff of a co. I have ever had to deal with, I have turned them in to the BBB 3 times now. I have never had this sort of problem ever before with any other mortgage co. I constantly feel like they are trying to do whatever they can to get extra money out of us.

Paula Carlson,
cottage grove,MN

We
  24th of Jan, 2007
America's Servicing Company - Loss of payment & documents

Reading over everyone's posting, it is nice to know we are not crazy. My husband and I are real estate investors and have several mortgages. Three of our mortgages were sold to ASC and it has been a nightmare ever since. Along with the harassing phone calls, (reminding me before the due date) that my payment was due, (mind you with three accounts we got triple the phone calls. We have two mortgage payments that are similar to the cents, different only by .10. Two payments were applied to one account mistakenly and one account showed past due, I was assured by an attendant that it would be corrected right away. Months later, after they threatened to repossess my house etc, and reported to my credit report, I finally had to pay an additional payment. They fixed my credit report, but I still have an account that is paid a month in advance. They refuse to refund that amount, saying if it's paid a month ahead I have them automatically draft my account because I am terrified I will fall into their nightmare web of customer (non)service.

Ja
  25th of Jan, 2007

We have recently been sold to ASC and already having problems with their customer service. We received a letter saying that our mortgage will be sold to ASC, mistakenly thinking that both our mortgages were transfered I sent our first and second mortgage to ASC. They endorsed both of the mortgage check. Later on we got a call from our first loan company People's Choice and they said we still need to pay them our 2nd mortgage because only our 1st mortgage was sold at the time. So here we are paying ASC and People's Choice, then when I tried to get a refund they said they don't know where the payment went to and that they cannot apply the overpayment to our next months mortgage. That is full of C***. The money is in their account regardless of what account we post it to. Why did they endorse the check if it wasn't even referenced to my account with ASC.

Ru
  27th of Jan, 2007

America's Servicing Company is anything but! Unless you consider that they are 'servicing' themselves to our hard earned money thru the tactics many here & on many other sites have expressed. No, Wendy you are not crazy. It is crazy that someone in the banking, financial or government can't put a stop to this! Despite having done what is now their 3rd attepmpt to foreclose on my home, they continue to call me on a daily basis trying to get money out of me only they don't know how much they want in total or even what it is for! Like many, my home improvement loan that they call a mortgage was sold to them 4th hand. I don't think anyone in their right mind would actually consider having a mortgage with them. Too many horror stories can easily be found. I had a 1st & 2nd mortgage at the time another real jerk of a contractor did work on my house. You can't have 3 mortgages am I right? He sold the note & some how after paying it off in the stated 10 yrs., ASC who had had it for the last 5 yrs. starts saying they have a 2nd mortgage on my home and I owe them an unknown amount of money but are attempting to foreclose because they don't show that I ever made a payment. Actually, that has only been a few of the callers with the others saying I'm 20 months behind on their 2nd mortgage. And how much is that 2nd mortgage? "We'll have to get back to you." I keep checking my title and no mortgage to them has ever been recorded. Maybe that is why the first company attempting to foreclose for them in 2005 never did it.?? This recent group of attorney's is determined though having filed their 2nd foreclosure this year despite ASC having provided them with a payment history as requested by my attorney. This has got to STOP. An attorney in Md. has said he will file a class action lawsuit if any of you are interested. A local tv station may also be doing an expose. Maybe, we can finally get something done.

Au
  12th of Mar, 2007

Paula,

I know exactly what you are talking about... I received phone calls for about 5 months straight from ASC telling me my payment hadn't been received. They would even call me sometimes before the 15th, which I thought was odd...almost like a reminder that I had a payment to make when I have owned a home for 4 years and have never had a late payment on any account in my entire life. They have also called me to say they haven't received my payment and when I check my online banking, the money has been withdrawn from my account!

I started paying via Bank of America Online banking and haven't had a problem since. If possible, I'd recommend paying directly through your bank...not through their website, which I heard charges a fee. Ugh...

Am
  18th of Mar, 2007
America's Servicing Company - Loss of payment & documents

During the transition of the sale of my mortgage from Freemont Investing and ASC (which happened within a few months of closing), I made a payment to Freemont as I had not gotten the documentation for the new vendor yet. They informed me that payment was not received and I finally had to go through so much to prove that the payment was received. They finally corrected it.

Also, they started sending me letters requesting me to provide proof of insurance. They informed me that their records indicate that I do not have any Home Insurance. Anyone in the industry or in the business or anyone that has ever bought a house knows that no mortgage company or title company will close a home without proof of insurance. I called them and told them that Freemont Investing should have all the paperwork and that they closed the loan knowing that their was home insurance purchased. They told me that I needed to go and dig my files and mail them my declaration pages and proof of insurance. I asked them if they can follow up with Freemont Investing since that is the company who they purchased the mortgage from. After another week, I received another letter from them telling me that they have imposed and purchased Home Insurance for me which from the attachment they mail to me was twice the amount of my existing insurance. They informed me that this amount will be added to my monthly mortgage amount. At that time, I had to go and dig in my files and folders to find my Home Insurance documents from the closing to send to them. I think it was their responsibility to get all the appropriate documents from the company they were purchasing the loan from. I do not think that they should be harrassing the customer for information because they have neglected to transition the files and documents appropriately.

I think that this company has the worst customer service and does not care anything about the customer and does what they want because they know that the customer does not have any rights and does not have any choice and or any say so when and to whom their loans are sold.

Please help. I wish I could change this company but it would just cost me more money to re-finance. And after that, it might end up back with them somewho anyway.

I think that this company should be fined and that the US attorney's office should try to help the customers with this company.

I wish I could do something to have them go out of business.

Mi
  5th of Apr, 2007

For over three months now, I have been attempting to resolve the myriad of problems which have arisen from two mortgage payments that were lost by ASC. I have sent them copies of all of the bank documents, proving that the payments were sent and received. They have yet to rectify the situation. I am frustrated beyond belief and concerned about the impact that their mistake could have on MY credit - which up to now has been great.

Be
  23rd of Apr, 2007
America's Servicing Company - Loss of payment & documents

I have had quite a few mortgages in my time and this is the worst lender of all time. I will have to agree with all the other complaints I've read so far. I have received almost 30 certified letters sent to my home threatening foreclosure and have not once been late with my payments. I have been verbally abused over the phone by their awful call center. I've gone so far as to sign a Cease and desist order against them for the phone calls but still receive them to this date. They have changed my late fee date from the 16th to the 10th... only after 20 hours on the phone did they change it back. Payments have been received , but not posted for 10 days or longer... so during those 10 days you receive about 30 calls. Unfriendly customer service representatives, horrible time reaching them.

Did you all know that Wells Fargo owns this company!!!

They serviced my favorite loan I've had, best service- but to own this company and allow them to give this terrible service is absolutely unacceptable.

I have gone to Wells Fargo to see if they'd transfer my loan (since it's one of their companies) they said "no". So I immediately closed my checking and savings accounts with their company.

Under no circumstances get a loan with this company!

Ju
  23rd of Apr, 2007

I have always paid my mortgage through web bill pay and have never had a problem. For the past two months however, America's Servicing Company has been reported my name to the credit bureau and, most importantly added late fees to my monthly mortgage payment, because it claim that I have not paid my monthly mortgage bill. This is absolutely opposite to what my online account shows. I believe that it is purposely reporting late payment so that it can add a late fee. What a bunch of Crooks.

Er
  4th of May, 2007

First of all i am a collections rep for asc out bound collections... and first let me tell everyone do you know what asc is... its a NON-PRIME Loan servicer for everyone who doesn't know what that means it services bad credit loans, wait let me rephrase that horrible credit loans, and it makes me laugh when im talking to you and your there talking about how perfect your credit is and i see when im calling you and i see your true double digit credit scores... also your payments are due on the 1st not the 16th people who have bad credit seem to find this confusing thinking the 16th is your due date because thats when you get your late fee... also have you ever wondered why you get stuff from wells fargo with your mort. payment stuff , because asc is affiliated with wells fargo but wells fargo just doesnt want to be labeled the company with all the bad credit loans... how does asc end up with your loans... companies suck as freemont, countrywide, emc... etc companies originate loans the, prime loans (excellent credit) sub-prime (mediocre credit) and non-prime(bad credit)... the originating company keep your loan for 2 months if your lucky ,then thats where the fun starts the prime loans get sold to a company the non prime loans get sold to a company and then asc get all the non-prime loans get sold to asc... so i hope all this info answers your questions to why you have this horrible company servicing your loan... all because you all have horrible credit no one to blame but yourself!!!

Oh yeah i know asc is a screwed up company but i also find it funny when i hear people talking about sueing asc... and winning... yeah right when you walk in the court room with your bootleg lawyer and then asc/wells fargo comes in with its all-star team of lawyers who get paid more in 1 day then your lawyer will make in a year... do you really think your going to win your lawsuit.

Ti
  14th of May, 2007
America's Servicing Company - Hopefully it's not too late

Customer service are two words that do not exist at this company. $15.00 monthly fee to pay your mortgage by telephone is ridiculous. Try to access their website to pay your mortgage online, you can't. Mail them your check and they will claim they didn't receive, have never had a bill lost in the mail other than ASC. We, the borrowers, are the ones being "serviced".

Do all you can to not do business with this company. If you already have, which is likely if you are reading this, it's too late.

Er
  16th of May, 2007
America's Servicing Company - Loss of payment & documents

Last year my mortgage was sold to ASC from Decision One mortgage. All of my problems started with ASC. First they claim that Decision One never sent them any payments so I was responsible for those payments. I contacted Decision One and was told that all payments were sent. ASC said something different. I have been trying to get this account in good stating since then, sending double payments. I explained to ASC that all of my payments should be 1 month ahead and not 1 month behind. I noticed that it takes them 3 -4 weeks to process my payment which causes my account to appear late and it accrues late fees. Another thing, the money orders that I send never was posted to account. I have spent more money trying to investigate where I brought the money order from, then there are fees on top of fees to have it investigated. Meanwhile ASC sends threatening notices and their representatives leave unacceptable messages on my voice mail. I do not trust their new website to make payments. Half of the time I cannot find it and when I do, it does not give you the option to modify the payment. So if they had not posted a previous payment to my account it will show a higher balance and it does not allow you to change to the correct amount. I want to refinance this mortgage to go with another company, but I don't want my new mortgage company to sell back to ASC. Even though I asked when I initially refinanced if my mortgage would it be sold and I was told that it would not be.

Ta
  23rd of May, 2007
America's Servicing Company - Loss of payment & documents

I have had many home loans through different banks that have serviced my loans and never have I had to pay a $15-20 dollar fee to pay online or by credit card. Countrywide, GMAC, MLN and several other companies have the internet pay option and never in my 12 years of owning several homes had this issue.

I am to say the least unhappy and severely annoyed by this company. We as their customers need to be treated with a little more care.

Tanya Gorham

Te
  25th of May, 2007
America's Servicing Company - Loss of payment & documents

When we refinanced our home our loan was with litton loans then they sold it to asc. We got behind in our house payments as my husband had been unemployed for almost 4 years. So they said they would try to do a loan modification but it was taking them for ever and in the mean time they were tacking on fee after fee. So we put our home on the market to sale. It was up for sale only three weeks and it sold. Now we need to do a short sale and these people are dragging their feet. And has told us it would take another forty five days for them to make a decision. Now we are in jeopardy of loosing the buyers. We have been working on this now for a month. And we are no closure . They kept saying they didn't have the papers; our realtor and the escrow company faxed them everything five different times; before they said they finally got them. These people are robbers and need to be stopped. Isn't there anything that can be done. They are in the mean time just raking up fees right and left.

Va
  29th of May, 2007
Americas Servicing Company - Payments not applied in time

My loan was transferred to ASC a few months ago. Since that time my payments have been reported as late or not received. I had no problems at all with my previous company but somehow now I can't get a payment made on time. There is no website and calling is fruitless.

This has to be unlawful but I am in no position to afford an attorney right now. All I can hope for is that enough of us complaint so that there will be a class action suit against these thieves. What is scary is that so called "reputable" companies use these people. Hmmm.

Pa
  30th of May, 2007
America's Servicing Company - Loss of payment & documents

I was called this morning after my payment was processed after the 15th. Apparently I have a $39 late fee now. Patrice had called this morning from America's Servicing Company to tell me that unless I pay my late fee immediately, it will reflect poorly on my credit bureau! When I asked for Patrice's supervisor she put me on hold and never returned.

I tried to call back to the number she called me from and received a "Please wait. Extension not valid." Message before it disconnected me.

I REALLY HATE THIS COMPANY!

Je
  4th of Jun, 2007
America's Servicing Company - Loss of payment & documents

The problem I have with this company is that you have to mail off your payment. Or you could pay over the phone with a 15.00 fee. Or better yet you can pay online for a 10.00 fee. I think that this is ridiculous. Almost every other mortgage company doesn't charge for online bill pay. It wasn't even my decision to switch mortgage companies. I am not at all satisfied with this company, and I can't wait until we refinance. The reason why this company has to buy out people's loans is because no one would finance with this company knowingly.

Jo
  6th of Jun, 2007
Americas Servicing Company - Morons!

Can't believe these idiots... send two payments in one envelope "im sorry sir, you'll have to resend the 2nd payment, our employees only pull one check per envelope"

me : "im sorry, do you have trained monkeys doing your ### work?"

them : "sir, you'll have to resend your payment"

me :"you'll have to forgive me for telling you to unFOCK yourself"

them :click:

gotta love it

Di
  7th of Jun, 2007

I totally agree that is ridiculous for any company to charge for an online payment. It's also a shame that you can't trust the United States Postal Department to get your payment delivered on time. Fortunately my bank has an e-pay service (for no charge) and I make my monthly payments through them. I have been doing this for months with no problem. My payments are always posted on time. (Probably because ASC can't argue with Bank of America). You may want to check with your bank to see if they offer this service.