America's Servicing Company / Charges, claims - they are lost and deserve a class action!

Unfortunate enough to have had my mortgage bought by ASC one year ago. It is a company run by computer and no common sense. Have to spend time every month with these folks. They are clueless, claim fees are owed, try to run a business without an office where you can go to straighten them out. I refuse to communicate with them further other than by written correspondence. Recommend to all people that they reduce all communications to writing too. These folks are boobs and here to rip you off.

Comments

• De
      23rd of Jun, 2007

I have noticed many comments on contacting ASC. Several say they do not know the website for ASC. Here is the exact website to get to your mortgage info via the ASC website. You will need to input your loan number to access all your mortgage information. I hope this helps you who have requested this info. The website is: www.mortgageaccountonline.com

23rd of Oct, 2007

THE WORST. Nasty people on the phone always blame the post office.

Does it really take 10 days first class mail Atlanta to New Jersey??
    Will not give out address for John Stump, so called president and not forthcoming with Wells Fargo Connection.

FaithQLM (non service customer service person) nasty as well.
    Hope they fold.

19th of Jan, 2008

I have also had my checks held until after the due date so they could try to collect late fees. They have also tried to charge me $100 on several occasions to have people drive by my property to confirm i was still living there. I was making my mortgage payments yet they told me they needed to see if i had abandoned the property? Make sense of that

26th of Jan, 2008

I have been dealing with american servicing company for over a year now,and its one of the worst mortgage companies in the modern days ,wacth out.Why does the company dont have an office where customers, can go and rise there complains ,your case is been handled by different people who wants you to explain everything evertime you call .Please if you receice these e-mail reply to it because right now i have a very big issue going on in your office that needs to resolved very fast,for the people i have been talking to seems not to know going on in your office.

• Ju
      25th of Mar, 2008

I learned this early on with ASC. I have 25 months of written correespondance with ASC which ASC responses are standardized and not relating to the actual terms of the conversations. It is amazing that there is no correlation to what was spoken and the letters they send. I have paid on time for 25 months with a 10% rate hoping that after paying this high rate on time for so long that it would be eventually rewarded. Well, it was but for ASC's benefit. Due to the high payments I was unable to pay the property taxes and ASC so kindly established an escrow to pay the tax. ASC never mentioned that they were going to charge me $13, 200 for property taxes that totalled $3100. This added over $1100 per month to my mortgage which totals $4000 per month for a $310K loan with excellent payment history. It amazes me that ASC is not willing to negotiate at all. I have begged them to refinance or modify the loan before I cannot pay the monthly payment and their response is the same as you, not until I default. I cannot get them to even transfer me to Loss Mitigation AT ALL. It is like it does not exist until you are forced into not being able to make the payments. They want you to not pay instead of trying to create a good paying customer for decadeds to come. Their goal it seems to me is to foreclose all the loans they currently hold. I did not chose ASC, my loan was transferred three times ultimately to ASC where it has been for the past 25 months. I am in the process of finding a lawyer to protect myself from getting further screwed by ASC. I would also like to set up a class action suit to put ASC in its place. Even if the only result is satisfaction that ASC no longer does business. My email is j_a_w_23@yahoo.com. Please do not hesitate to contact me. having this loan with ASC is the only decision in my life (which was not even in my control) that I have regrets. I will make sure to set it straight. There is no way this is going to go down without a fight. I will make it my goal to make it right. ASC has effectively attempted to screw me financially in every possible way. ASC has conveniently lost payments that were electronically recorded, the property tax escrow debuacle, the increase in rate on top of all of that to 11% making the total payment 16% of the loan amount! No lender has seen such horrible rates. I have spoke to over 30 other lender to try to tansfer the loan but no one will touch it due to the negative equity on the condo (-$125, 000) even if my credit score were 800. It is criminal what ASC does and I will not let it go by without notice.

• Au
      15th of Jul, 2008

how do i switch mortgage lenders besides through refinancing

• Li
      30th of Aug, 2008

This is not right, Keeping up with my payment on time, Now they say we are 3 months behind . How do they get away with this ? HELP

• Hc
      31st of Aug, 2008

I have tried all day to pay by the just in time feature. It has been down and I could not make my payment. Normally this a good feature but today, just when I needed it, it was not available. I can only imagine that ASC will cut me a break on the late payment because it was their service which is down. I assume the best of ASC because they have always served me very competently. I appreciate the online convenience... usually.

Loyal customer...
    ..5973...

• Pa
      16th of Sep, 2008

I Completely agree with everyone!!! These dirt bags are clueless and don't care about their customers!!
    They are the most unreliable mortage company to have!!! I Would not recommend these people to my worst enemy...!!!
    How an i leave these ###...someone help me please!!

• Pr
      8th of Oct, 2008

THERE IS SO MUCH THESE PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN FROM ME, DURING MY MORTGAGE TRANSACTIONS.THEY ARE ALWAYS HOLDING MY PAYMENTS FOR LATE FEES, NOBODY GIVES YOU A DEFINITE ANSWER ON ANYTHING, YOU ALWAYS SEND YOUR PAYMENTS ONE PLACE FOR THEM TO SEND TO ANOTHER WHEN THEY GET READY, COSTING ME.IT TAKES 1O-15 DAYS TO EVEN GO ON THE RECORDS COSTING ME LATE FEES.

• Mi
      30th of Oct, 2008

I agree totally. Since my loan was transferred to ASC, they have put me in foreclosure, had to pay 4, 000 extra dollars to get it out of foreclosure 3 yrs ago. Then they keep adding phony charges to my escrow account. It's never ending with these people. My loan went from 8% to 13% then, which was 525 a month to 828 a month, then they wander why you are late on a payment. If i am 2 wks late they add a fee for checking on the property to see if i still live there, hello, what a rip off!!! i hate this company and cannot get refinanced because they report that i am late every month...then they are always threatening to foreclose if you are less than 30 days late. How in the crap are you supposed to get out from under these people!!! Seems like they are trying to force people to foreclose, then sell your property under what you owe and you pay the balance. Sometimes i wish i could foreclose and let them have it, but i know they would still find a way to keep getting money from me. Everything i pay goes to finance charges, i am lucky if 7 dollars goes toward principle. It's nuts.

• Rc
      28th of Aug, 2009

I am going through the same thing computer generated letters. It looks like the money is going somewhere, and something is wrong. Even after you pay, withing 3 weeks they will send another letter for 2 months mortgage amount and late fee included. who is maitaining their books. constant phone calls.
    God Bless ASC. I hope they fix their computer related problems and help customers to be able to get the latest reflections of their pmt activities. Thanks