America's Reading Choice / Scam

I don't how they got my cell # but they did and they call everyday at least 10 times a day and every time I pick up they hang up on me. When I try to call back no one answers the phone. Just keeps ringing. I didn't sign up for any magazines or anything for that matter. I'm just about ready to change my #. Just sad I have to be that extreme to do something due to someone else failing to hear a complaint. Its called America's Reading Choice. [protected] is the # that shows up when they call me.

Va

More America's Reading Choice Complaints & Reviews

Comments

20th of Nov, 2008

They've been calling me five times a day! The woman asked for my age and what credit card I preferred. I could tell she was recording my answers too without my permission. I may contact the attorney general if this persists.

• Bw
      23rd of Nov, 2008

all as follows they call your cell in get you all excited talkin bout you won a $1000 dollar shoppin spree but in order to get it you have to subscribe to recieve these magazines im young i dont even read magazines i was just happy to recieve the shopping spree anyway they conned me a day later i called back to cancel my account with them and they told me i couldn't becau se they as in reading america already pre paid for for the magazines in all i had to do is basically reinburst them their money anyway they were excited to askig me how the weather was in my city all types of questions not pretaining to the subjuct at head some representatives go by the name of sheena jones and tiffany johnson they give you their addresses plus phone numbers like they are really on your side and really they intentions are different to scam you they get your info from surveys on line like kmart, sears and direct tv sodont ever fill out no more surveys on line and be wiser then me and the rest of us because i didnt think they would ever get me either

• Ly
      10th of Dec, 2008

I don't know how they got my cell #, but they kept calling me and telling me that I won a sweepstake and that they were going to charge me 79.00 a month for some magazines that I didnt even want. Once I told them that I didn't want to be in the drawing, the supervisor got mad and hung up. When I tried to call them back, the phone kept ringing and no one picked up. This place is a scam and if they take any money away from me, they better be ready for action.

• Th
      26th of Mar, 2009

The lady who runs the call room is named Kelly Black. Get this, her personal cell phone number is 678-789-7586. This company is a total scam unit. they offer "free" airline tickets and magazines... the only catch is that you pay about $850 on your credit card. If a customer asks to be removed from the call list, Kelly Black [ (678) 789-7586 ] tells the callers to say ok, but then she tells the callers to keep the people in the system because the leads are expensive. I wonder how she would like it if everyone started calling HER cell phone (that number again is 678.789.7586) at all hours of the day and night... over and over and over...

• Mi
      27th of Apr, 2009

Their address is: 4501 Circle 75 Parkway, Suite C-3120, Atlanta, GA 30339-3094.

• Ea
      26th of Mar, 2010

I just got off the phone with Kelly Black. She no longer works for ARC but she was very helpful to me. She explained how the scam works and told me that ARC's goal is to get you to sign up for magazines. If you sign up for the magazine, they charge you $850! Oh, and, while they tell you that you have already won the $1000 shopping spree, Kelly said they should be telling you that you've only been ENTERED in the shopping spree. Here's the best part: she gave me the phone number for the OWNER of the company--Theresa Bouchton. Call her!!! at (404) 552-3111.

Again, call the OWNER of the company at: (404) 552-3111.

Best of luck to all,
    Jose

• Di
      14th of Apr, 2010

I HAD AN INTERVIEW WITH THIS COMPANY 2 WEEKS AGO. I HAVE DONE TELEMARKETING SINCE THE 80s. IN HOUSTON I WAS INVOLVED WITH A FIRM THAT CLAIMED THEY WAS SELLING SOLAR PANELS LONG STORY SHORT THE FEDS CAME IN AND THEY SENT LETTERS TO EMPLOYEES NOT TO SPEAK TO THEM AND SEND A FAMILY MEMBER TO GET YOUR LAST CHECK. WHEN I CAME IN FOR MY INTERVIEW HERE THEY RAN OFF AN APPLICATION THAT WAS SIDEWAYS SO AT THAT POINT I SHOULD HAVE REALIZED SOMETHING CROOKED WAS GOING ON! I CALLED A FEW TIMES TO CHECK ON THE STATUS OF MY APPLICATION AND THEY SAID THEY LOST MY AP TO COME BACK IN. I LEFT THE HOUSE WITHOUT THE NUMBER AND BECAUSE I HAD AN APPOINTMENT TO DO MY TAXES I WOULD BE RUNNING LATE FOR MY 2ND INTERVIEW SO I GOOGLED THE COMPANY FOR THE # AND THESE COMPLAINTS AND SCAM REPORTS CAME UP BEFORE YOU EVEN GET TO THE ADRRESS! I DID SIT IN THE CALL CENTER AND HEARD HOW THE OPERATION WAS RUN AND THE DESCRIPTION GIVEN TO ME BY THERESA THE OWNER SOUNDED LEGIT BUT KIND OF QUESTIONABLE. BUT NOW AFTER READING THIS COMPLAINT BOARD THIS TURNED OUT TO BE AMERICAS NIGHTMARE! I THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR COMMENTS OF COURSE IM NOT GOING TO THAT 2ND INTERVIEW TODAY AS BAD AS I NEED A JOB IM A MAN OF PRESTIGE AND HONOR

PEACE AND BLESSINGS,
    P DIDDY

• Sc
      7th of Oct, 2011

THE OWNERS NAME IS TERESA SHAFFER SHE IS A SCAM ARTIST!!! CONTACT YOUR STATE ATTORNEYS OFFICE OR THE OFFICE OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS AND ALSO YOUR STATES BBB BUT ALSO WILL NEED TO CONTACT GEORGIA'S OFFICE OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS AND THE ATLANTA BBB TO STOP HER

• Cc
      15th of Mar, 2012
    America's Reading Choice - Repeated hassling into buying their services
    America's Reading Choice (according to Caller ID) -possibly illegitimate

This company started to call my home phone number multiple times everyday from the beginning of March 2012. The caller ID picks up America's Reading Choice and phone number 770-293-0150. On March 13, 2012 I called the number to complain about the continuous harassing and asked to talk with a supervisor, and after many minutes of trying to explain that I need them to remove my number from their system, I was given the opportunity to talk to a supervisor who declined to disclose her name but promised to remove the number from their systems.
    However, the calling continued yesterday March 14 and today March 15, 2012. There is no way I can make them understand that their services are not welcome and their calling is pure and simple harassing. Today March 15, 2012 I talked with Charles and when I asked for a supervisor he claimed that he was one of them. I explained that their calls are not welcomed and my number should be removed from their systems. He continued to babble about their financial services and their phone number (877) 867-5218, a number that does not exist and is illegitimate according to www.411.com. When asked if they are members of Better Business Bureau, they claimed they are, but declined to provide their registration number. It has to be a way to pay them a lesson and get them of my back. This is clearly a scam that needs to be unveiled as criminal, and there has to be a legal way to check if they are legitimate.

• Fo
      9th of Mar, 2013

I did the exact same thing and thought I won a shopping spree. Later that week someone calls saying I can get a month worth of free magazines subscriptions. A month later I noticed a charge of 32.50. I called saying I needed to cancel the subscription and they said I couldn't and that I owed $970 in order to cancel. I didn't want them
    To screw me credit wise so I ended up paying for the next 5-6 months. I then got a call saying of I pay 188 it would complete my order and I'd be out of their contract within 3
    Months. So they took that out, then a week later another guy calls me and says I need to do a renewal fee of 62 dollars on top of the other payment to cancel my
    Contract within 22 months. So I believed them and said yes. But then I was stressed with all the money they took from me already and called back saying I didn't want the renewal. The same guy calls me and started to be rude with me but convinced me I will finally be over it if I pay the 62. All through this ordeal I never received a magazine, maybe because I've been moving a lot. Then they also called me back to ask for my social. I said
    I didn't want to give them it but they said they needed
    It for security purposes. So I did. Afterwards I thought about my whole situation and found online that it was a scam. So I cancelled the credit card they were charging and put a identity theft watch on my credit. Now I'm waiting to see what happens when the next payment doesn't come in. Or I'll have to change my account. I hope this helps because they really jacked me to thinking I was going to get out of this contract.