America's Reader Choice / Worthmore Academy / Rip off sending magazines I never ordered!

1 Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 317-251-6516

I just began receiving all kinds of magazines that I never requested. I tried calling America's Readers Choice and stated that I had ordered these and I would be charged 39.90/month for them. I requested to cancel my order because I did not want them. I was told that they can cancel the shipping of the magazines, but I would still have to pay the same price. The other option was to switch which Magazines to other titles. When I said no thank you, I just wanted cancel the whole order!!! No I am stuck with all these Magazine's . When I brought up contacting BBB, I was very rudely spoken to and then hung up on!! So now, my credit card will automatically be charged for magazines I did not order... One title is "Men's Journal" I am a woman, Why would I choose to receive a man's magazine!!!

Anyway, if there is a way to cancel this mess, please let me know.

Thank you, Brenda J. Jackson.

Comments

• Br
      8th of Feb, 2008

I've had this happen to me too, at college, and I think it was someone trying to be funny. I'd call the publisher of these magazines directly, tell them you were subscribed without your knowledge and/or against your will, and they'll usually take your name off the rolls. If they don't then you have a complaint with the FTC.